• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2016 11:16 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 2, 2012
424 posts
32 upvotes

Golden electronics Richmond hill

Has anyone bought a tv from golden electronics in Richmond hill can share any feedback? Warranty claims?

I noticed a Samsung 65" is $500 cheaper than Bestbuy when on sale? I'm puzzled how they get it cheaper? Is it a grade "b" tv?

Feedback appreciated. Thanks
19 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
Legitimate dealer

I had bought 3 lcd and led tvs in the past 10 yrs and my friends had also bought from the vendor too and no issues at all.

You have to realize the markup in tvs are fairly high to begin with and golden being a small vendor (compared to bestbuy) will need to price their electronics a bit lower to attract buyers, esp. Chinese shoppers who always want a bargain

The other shop similar to golden would be Stephenson electronics at steeles/warden. Very good price and sell mainly Sony and Samsung tvs
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3260 posts
909 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Maybe refurbished?
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
May 27, 2005
859 posts
Toronto
Been buying from this guy for years. Never had any issues so can't comment on warranty claims. As far as I can tell the units are not refurbished, they are brand new. He will always open it in the store to ensure the screen isn't cracked, free of blemishes.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21362 posts
23638 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TripleTAP wrote: ripped off no thanks
How about you share your story troll?

My parents have bought a couple tv's from them. Warranty is always through the manufacturer and they are authorized dealers of all brands that they sell.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7859 posts
2839 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bought one long ago (10+ years). The price is so low because it's probably a cash price (cold card cash only, no taxes)
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21264 posts
6247 upvotes
Poormond Hill
We bought a Panasonic plasma TV from them about 10 years ago. No issues with their service or with the TV. I think they also got an outlet in Times Square(?) at Leslie/Hwy 7.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Penalty Box
Oct 17, 2012
2689 posts
124 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: How about you share your story troll?

My parents have bought a couple tv's from them. Warranty is always through the manufacturer and they are authorized dealers of all brands that they sell.
ever since i moved to CANADA all my Chinese relative brought ALL their electronic from this store that's WHY !

not recommended, WORST service, ripped off dont even talk about Warranty claims!

my aunt paid 30 000 for a theater size from them shiety machine

my family spent 10 K on their SSH$$TYY machine still sitting at my house e.g tv, karaoke player, stereo player

if you want you can drive by to see these junkie just sitting at my basement
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21362 posts
23638 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TripleTAP wrote: ever since i moved in to CANADA all my Chinese relative brought ALL electronic from this store that's WHY !

not recommended, WORST service, ripped off

my aunt paid 30 000 for a theater size from them shiety machine

my family spent 10 K on their SSH$$TYY machine still sitting at my house if you want you can drive by to my house!
English. Do you speak it?
Penalty Box
Oct 17, 2012
2689 posts
124 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: English. Do you speak it?
yes i do people do response me , not very well, do you sPEAKER englishes

there are more main lander victim as well btw i am hker
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3038 posts
1059 upvotes
A small town north o…
EP32k2 wrote: English. Do you speak it?
Say "what" again. I dare you.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21362 posts
23638 upvotes
Richmond Hill
makaturing wrote: Say "what" again. I dare you.
What are you blabbering on about?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3038 posts
1059 upvotes
A small town north o…
EP32k2 wrote: What are you blabbering on about?
"English. Do you speak it?" is a famous quote from a famous movie. Since you don't recognize the followup line I posted, you obviously haven't seen the movie and quoted it inadvertently.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21362 posts
23638 upvotes
Richmond Hill
makaturing wrote: "English. Do you speak it?" is a famous quote from a famous movie. Since you don't recognize the followup line I posted, you obviously haven't seen the movie and quoted it inadvertently.
My bad. You mean MF, too bad TT won't get get it.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3038 posts
1059 upvotes
A small town north o…
EP32k2 wrote: My bad. You mean MF, too bad TT won't get get it.
Ah well, sometimes a joke fizzles. I thought maybe we'd get a Jules vs Brett cascade going. :)
Deal Addict
May 24, 2006
2234 posts
877 upvotes
Bought many things from them over the years (10+), never had an issue. About 4 TV's, 2 systems, few cameras.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4615 posts
1334 upvotes
I've never shopped there but you'll often find that smaller shops can offer lower prices for cash payment and more generally, not taking returns. So make sure you want it before you buy it! (The RFD mantra of buy now, think later usually only applies to big box stores.)
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24644 posts
8655 upvotes
Toronto
I have only purchased 1 TV from these guys...probably 5years ago? A 52" Sony Bravia....

Nothing but good things to say about this place - gave a great cash price, even was able to negotiate a pricematch with another Chinese TV place! They delivered the TV and helped set it up...

I didn't buy the extra warranty but figured I wouldn't need it as it was a Sony - that gamble paid off as the TV is going strong...

I would recommend this place and wouldn't hesitate to buy again...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)