GolfTown Warrenty

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2007 10:24 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 13, 2005
164 posts

GolfTown Warrenty

I recently bought a starter set, Wilson, from Golftown.
I took it to the range and being a newbie the 5 wood head exploded off the shaft. I dont have the head anymore because i was the upper deck of a driving range and the head is far off into the distance in the range.
So basically with the shaft left, can i get golf torn to replace it for me? Because its not suppose to explode off after literally the 2nd time at the range.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9473 posts
2650 upvotes
keunganator wrote: I recently bought a starter set, Wilson, from Golftown.
I took it to the range and being a newbie the 5 wood head exploded off the shaft. I dont have the head anymore because i was the upper deck of a driving range and the head is far off into the distance in the range.
So basically with the shaft left, can i get golf torn to replace it for me? Because its not suppose to explode off after literally the 2nd time at the range.
If they're a decent store they will or else they might refer you to speak with the manufacturer directly :confused: .
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
Whatever you say, don't say it "exploded." The sales guys will mock you to no end. Your shaft broke, or your head snapped off the shaft. They should warranty it, even without the head (think about what happens when you snap a head into the water) . . . But you could have asked the driving range dude to run out in the ball picker and get your head. I've had to do this twice.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
milhaus wrote: But you could have asked the driving range dude to run out in the ball picker and get your head. I've had to do this twice.
Can you imagine someone with broken English making this request?
Excuse me. My head explode. Can you please give me head? :razz:
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7399 posts
2413 upvotes
T dot 6
My co worker bought a Ping driver and I watched him hit it at the range and the head snapped off and flew into the distance (only a month old). He asked the guy in the ball picker to get it, which he did. It was all scratched up. He brought it back to GolfTown and they sent it in to Ping. He expected a new driver head, but instead they just attached the head back to the shaft. Brutal considering the he paid $500 for that driver.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)