• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2017 5:55 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 23, 2016
6 posts

Good accountant in Toronto

Hi...need advice please. My wife became an IT contractor this year and incorporated and we got an accountant. However, I am not a fan of him as he does not seem to give detailed but vague answers. I am not questioning his ethics as he seems fine from that perslective. I just don't think he provides value for the $1500 or so he will charge us. He did not even give a straight answer on that.

I expect more from him than my wife and so she us fine with him. I would like to get an accountant who is also an advisor and looking for recommendations please. We are both well paid and so would like to get advice on how to manage our finances (We make around $250k a year).

Thank you.
1 reply
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
6846 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
Love2Deal wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 3:22 pm
Hi...need advice please. My wife became an IT contractor this year and incorporated and we got an accountant. However, I am not a fan of him as he does not seem to give detailed but vague answers. I am not questioning his ethics as he seems fine from that perslective. I just don't think he provides value for the $1500 or so he will charge us. He did not even give a straight answer on that.

I expect more from him than my wife and so she us fine with him. I would like to get an accountant who is also an advisor and looking for recommendations please. We are both well paid and so would like to get advice on how to manage our finances (We make around $250k a year).

Thank you.
I use Rick Grewal over at http://www.grewalguyatt.ca/. They're in Richmond Hill but worth the drive.

Great guy, they have in-house corporate tax lawyers too so it's almost a one stop shop. Can see if I can refer you if you like him.