Automotive

Good car wash in Toronto (west end) or Mississauga?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2017 2:00 pm
Oct 6, 2017
5 posts

Good car wash in Toronto (west end) or Mississauga?

I'm new to having a car that's not a beater and I want to take proper care of it. I've heard some car wash types can really damage your vehicle, especially automatic wash. I've heard though that even some hand wash people use chemicals they really shouldn't? Does anyone have any suggestions for reputable car wash places that are also affordable, and won't mess up my vehicle? I live downtown on the west end and work in Mississauga so either would be appropriate.
8 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
Best way is to hand wash your car using the 2 bucket method. Any car wash place will cause damage over time, more then you properly doing it yourself.

Also if you have a nice car you may want to put a Ceramic coating on it or at least put a good quality sealant to help protect the paint & clear coat.

if you are looking for quality products to wash/maintain your car you wont find them at crappy tire or similar stores. A lot of pros and myself use this brand as they are very good - http://3dproductscanada.com/

Some guys will suggest chemical guys & while they are better then crappy tire products they are just very good at advertising & just an average product, there is a reason why the pros do not use chemical guys.
getgot wrote: I'm new to having a car that's not a beater and I want to take proper care of it. I've heard some car wash types can really damage your vehicle, especially automatic wash. I've heard though that even some hand wash people use chemicals they really shouldn't? Does anyone have any suggestions for reputable car wash places that are also affordable, and won't mess up my vehicle? I live downtown on the west end and work in Mississauga so either would be appropriate.
Oct 6, 2017
5 posts
Cool thank you. Are there no car wash guys who will do the 2-bucket method?

I would love to wash my own car but it's pretty inconvenient for now; I park out on the street in a real tight area to manoeuvre. This should be changing in a few months but for now it's impractical.
Feb 4, 2017
166 posts
129 upvotes
getgot wrote: Cool thank you. Are there no car wash guys who will do the 2-bucket method?

I would love to wash my own car but it's pretty inconvenient for now; I park out on the street in a real tight area to manoeuvre. This should be changing in a few months but for now it's impractical.
Pre-fill your buckets (one with water and car wash soap, one with clean water) and pop over to a coin wash. Wash and rinse off with their pressure washer then dry. It'll cost you about $2-3 per trip plus the cost of your car wash soap and whatever products you want to use. Although as it's getting colder, I'll feel less and less inclined to do it myself.
Oct 6, 2017
5 posts
bobbyhavoc wrote: Pre-fill your buckets (one with water and car wash soap, one with clean water) and pop over to a coin wash. Wash and rinse off with their pressure washer then dry. It'll cost you about $2-3 per trip plus the cost of your car wash soap and whatever products you want to use. Although as it's getting colder, I'll feel less and less inclined to do it myself.
Yeah I might do this for now; today's a perfect day in Toronto to be outside anyway. Might get similarly reluctant in when it's -10 out.
Jun 12, 2016
715 posts
319 upvotes
Mississauga
sickcars wrote: Best way is to hand wash your car using the 2 bucket method. Any car wash place will cause damage over time, more then you properly doing it yourself.
Just curious, would you say that touchless car washes also damage cars over time? I've signed up for Shell's 90 day wash pass with others on RFD, but wondering what the long term impact would be.
While I agree that 2 bucket method is best, in the winter time, this will be hard to do.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3083 posts
1445 upvotes
GTA
LauD14 wrote: Just curious, would you say that touchless car washes also damage cars over time? I've signed up for Shell's 90 day wash pass with others on RFD, but wondering what the long term impact would be.
While I agree that 2 bucket method is best, in the winter time, this will be hard to do.
Depends on how well they filter the water (they recycle a high percentage of the water they use), but touchless is much better for scratches (but worse for actually cleaning) than touch.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
The issue other then the obvious that it does not clean as well is that they need to use stronger chemicals to get it somewhat clean which means it will strip any protection (wax/sealant etc) much quicker which then leaves your paint/clearcoat exposed to the elements so it can/will degrade faster such as fading etc.

However in the winter as you say sometimes you dont have much choice however if you go down that route then I suggest you regularly wax/sealant or ceramic coat your car to keep it protected.
LauD14 wrote: Just curious, would you say that touchless car washes also damage cars over time? I've signed up for Shell's 90 day wash pass with others on RFD, but wondering what the long term impact would be.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)