• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 7:30 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 19, 2006
184 posts

Good cheap korean bbq places?

I've only been to the one at commerce gate which is okay in my opinion but not great.

Any suggestions on other good AYCE korean bbq places in the north york, richmond hill or markham area?
30 replies
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
there is a Korea BBQ restaurant at Market Village (Kennedy and Steeles).

The food is average but the staff is nice.

Seoul Garden Korean Restaurant
905-305-0699
4350 Steeles Avenue East,
Markham, ON

there is also a Korean BBQ at T&T Supermarket food court (Middlefield and Steeles).
Aug 31, 2001
202 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
is it AYCE at the Market Village one

If you want good korean food just hit yonge and finch area or downtown at bloor and christie. More than just AYCE BBQ...
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
Sedul wrote:is it AYCE at the Market Village one
yes, AYCE Korean BBQ or order by menu Korean dishes
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2005
1029 posts
Toronto
There's a place at Hwy 7 and East Beaver Creek. In that mall on the northwest corner. It's an all you can eat and it's not too bad.

The AYCE "Korean" BBQ on Queen St. is the absolute worst. The marinade is not even Korean. Avoid at all costs.
Dec 29, 2005
146 posts
Mississauga
skategoat wrote:There's a place at Hwy 7 and East Beaver Creek. In that mall on the northwest corner. It's an all you can eat and it's not too bad.

The AYCE "Korean" BBQ on Queen St. is the absolute worst. The marinade is not even Korean. Avoid at all costs.

I think this restaurant is called Walker Hill. I like it as well. Their quality is way better than the one in Commerce Gate. It locates opposite to COmmerce Gate and it is AYCE.
Jan 3, 2005
97 posts
theres one at hwy 7 and leslie (times square)

its okay...usually packed with a lot of people...but the service aint that great

same company as the one on queens st. west (near much music)...love this place..service is super awesome and employees are SUPER friendly/fast. always packed!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2004
1213 posts
1 upvote
Ajax
jyeung15 wrote:theres one at hwy 7 and leslie (times square)

its okay...usually packed with a lot of people...but the service aint that great

same company as the one on queens st. west (near much music)...love this place..service is super awesome and employees are SUPER friendly/fast. always packed!

Lotte Korean - its at mccowan and sheppard - same plazaq as remelly's

ayce and cheap too....
Jan 8, 2004
810 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
korean bbq restaurant at midland and finch
same plaza as ikura sushi
[OP]
Jan 19, 2006
184 posts
Just went to this korean / japanese place at yonge and cummer (the plaza with food basics). Pretty good quality stuff and cheap too. It's not AYCE though.
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18451 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
jc-fury wrote:I've only been to the one at commerce gate which is okay in my opinion but not great.

Any suggestions on other good AYCE korean bbq places in the north york, richmond hill or markham area?
Same price as finch.midland but cleaner
Jul 19, 2005
64 posts
There's also an AYCE Korean restaurant (aptly named Korean Restaurant) on Queen Street in downtown Toronto. It's near the MuchMusic building, and the aroma wafts down a multi-block radius, so you can't miss it! I believe it's the same chain as the one at Commerce Gate in Richmond Hill.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4291 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Sugar wrote:There's also an AYCE Korean restaurant (aptly named Korean Restaurant) on Queen Street in downtown Toronto. It's near the MuchMusic building, and the aroma wafts down a multi-block radius, so you can't miss it! I believe it's the same chain as the one at Commerce Gate in Richmond Hill.
According to the post above by skategoat, this one on Queen is worst.... I work nearby and heard from some non-Asian colleagues claimed it's the best AYCE BBQ but I never been there myself.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4291 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
I tried pretty much the above mentioned AYCE Korean BBQ place operated by Chinese during my life in Toronto... haven't been back for years as they're not as good as they used to be...

I personally prefer those operate by non-Chinese, thus, Korean operated. I tried a few times and like it much - Hanwoori Korean BBQ on Yonge between Empress and Finch.

Next, I'll try Seoul Garden, Market Village which I was there for dinner when they did not offer AYCE yet.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3014 posts
199 upvotes
h2o- wrote:According to the post above by skategoat, this one on Queen is worst.... I work nearby and heard from some non-Asian colleagues claimed it's the best AYCE BBQ but I never been there myself.

I agree, I go to this place every now and then and it's mediocre compared to the ones uptown but it's a break from driving all the way uptown. Their meats don't seem to be seasoned as well as the ones uptown.