Good / Cheaper GoPro Alternative?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2016 10:40 pm
Jan 23, 2009
83 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto

Good / Cheaper GoPro Alternative?

Hello, awesome and helpful people on RFD! I remember a couple years ago, the Xiaomi Yi and the SJCAM were good Go Pro alternatives for around $100-$150, but I can't seem to find a well-reviewed, current knock-off. Those two seem to be outdated and not available for sale and I'm sure the technology has improved a bit since then (although I'm not really looking for a 4K cam).

Can anyone recommend a well-reviewed GoPro alternative for under $175? Thank you in advance :)

p.s. It doesn't even have to be on sale. As long as it's a good reg price for a good camera (preferably one that has cheap accessories), then that's good enough. It would be even better if there was one available in Canada that I didn't have to wait to arrive from China, but I'll still take any suggestions!
3 replies
Banned
Nov 8, 2016
66 posts
58 upvotes
Amazon has hundred of them and i seen one recently as low as 35$
If you like the camera and not the price then contact the seller and ask for a discount and they almost always will be happy to give it to you

I got a 4k camera from a vendor called cmall (i think) and i am really happy with it
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15618 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Sjcam, victsing..all on amazon.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Oct 10, 2016
237 posts
397 upvotes
I love my SJCAM ! Just be sure to buy a real SJCAM and not a fake.