Food & Drink

Good cilantro lime dressing - where can I buy it?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2017 12:57 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO

Good cilantro lime dressing - where can I buy it?

Recently tried a "Shrimp & Veggie Salad w/ Cilantro Lime dressing" at Costco. I thought it was really delicious. Especially with the dressing.
The dressing came in a small unlabeled container, so I have no idea who makes it. I assume it's just something Costco makes themselves.

Has anyone tried this salad? Can you recommend a brand name product that taste like the dressing they use in it?
10 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Next time I'm there if I remember to buy one I'll try to replicate it.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
Haven't tried but...

3-2-1 vinaigrette, 3 parts lime juice, 2 parts soy sauce/fish sauce, 1 part mirin (or a dash of sugar) add chopped cilantro. That's my suggestion (oil free!)
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
The "key" to limes is freshness. Squeezing fresh lime juice has no comparison to any pre-prepared product, even lime juice that is bottled.

So I recommend you go DIY on this.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: The "key" to limes is freshness. Squeezing fresh lime juice has no comparison to any pre-prepared product, even lime juice that is bottled.

Definitely agree with this. Lime is one of the hardest flavours to get right unless it's freshly squeezed lime juice. Most products like lime flavoured corn chips miss the mark.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Jucius Maximus wrote: The "key" to limes is freshness. Squeezing fresh lime juice has no comparison to any pre-prepared product, even lime juice that is bottled.

Definitely agree with this. Lime is one of the hardest flavours to get right unless it's freshly squeezed lime juice. Most products like lime flavoured corn chips miss the mark.
Ever done anything with kaffir lime leaves? They have a fantastic lemongrass/lime flavour.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Nope, I haven't but I should because I have a bag of them in my food hoard. Thanks for the reminder.

Any suggestions for use?
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
bonterra wrote: Nope, I haven't but I should because I have a bag of them in my food hoard. Thanks for the reminder.

Any suggestions for use?
I minced some raw white fish and shrimp and seasoned it with fish sauce and kaffir lime leaves and stuffed it in a squid and grilled it. So..."fishloaf"?

Also a nice addition to batters because the flavour stands up to deep frying

EDIT: also good in thai yellow coconut curry, laska that sort of thing
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO
Found that Kraft Italian Zesty Lime dressing tastes similar to the dressing that was used in the Costco salad. Plan to recreate it soon.
Never did see that same shrimp salad sold at Costco again...

Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
I never saw it either.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)