Shopping Discussion

Is this a good deal on a Kitchenaid Mixer (USA)?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 3:42 pm
[OP]
Dec 4, 2006
331 posts
307 upvotes
St Catharines

Is this a good deal on a Kitchenaid Mixer (USA)?

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum, but I don't know much about these mixers so I was just hoping for some feedback. I'll be heading to the US after work, so gas/time isn't an issue. Is this a good deal:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kitchenaid ... Id=4598700

$199.99 US - KitchenAid - KV25G0XOB Professional 5 Plus Series Stand Mixer

After tax and conversion on my credit card it would be roughly $275 Canadian (meaning the pretax equivalent here is $245 ish). It's the pro series so it has a better motor/better quality. Not as nice as the 600 with the 6quart, but besides that this looks pretty great. Thoughts?
6 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25379 posts
2745 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
It's a great deal. The cheapest I've seen is $325 in Canada and that is before tax.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1402 posts
742 upvotes
Late to the game...

But ya great deal.

On sale here and they are still generally in the $ 350 to $ 400 mark for a good price. Full price think they are around $ 600

We have a 600 Pro, it is the next one up ... Full price range $ 700+ I lucked out got it with HBC points as a Christmas Gift around the time Zellers was disappearing, just instinctively knew we'd rarely shop at just The Bay after Zellers departed (and points value plummeted). One of my best use of Loyalty Points ever. SO was thrilled to bits.

PS... Let us know how things went at the border upon your return.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2006
331 posts
307 upvotes
St Catharines
Gee wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:56 pm
It's a great deal. The cheapest I've seen is $325 in Canada and that is before tax.
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 7:25 pm
Late to the game...

But ya great deal.

On sale here and they are still generally in the $ 350 to $ 400 mark for a good price. Full price think they are around $ 600

We have a 600 Pro, it is the next one up ... Full price range $ 700+ I lucked out got it with HBC points as a Christmas Gift around the time Zellers was disappearing, just instinctively knew we'd rarely shop at just The Bay after Zellers departed (and points value plummeted). One of my best use of Loyalty Points ever. SO was thrilled to bits.

PS... Let us know how things went at the border upon your return.
Got it. Thanks for the help.

No problem at the border. They just let me through.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1402 posts
742 upvotes
hordosr wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 1:51 pm
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ki ... 08636.aspx?

wondering I $549 is a good deal for the pro 600 comes with grinder attachment - going to check the amazon price finder (cannot remember what it is called) as well as rebates on the model
There are several KA Mixers in the Pro Series... You can check out the MSRP for Canada here
http://www.kitchenaid.ca/en_CA/countert ... nd-mixers/

Personally, we have a Pro 5 and love it.

Truth is it all comes down to finding a sweet spot between model & pricing.

IMO this is the best time of year to shop for one cause lots of Retailers have promotions... Folks tend to overpay though cause they get confused by all the models & not done their research

We kept a cheat list of models by Name - Wattage - Flour Power - and MFSP ... When we finally saw the right model at the right price we pulled the trigger (in our case swapped out HBC Points in stead of cash... Best use of points ever)
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
3773 posts
514 upvotes
Regina
kitchenaid does not include bestbuy in their rebate model...the shopping channel has it on for 499 so might bite on that one