Fashion & Beauty

Good fitting/good quality yoga pants (and affordable)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2012 8:54 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes

Good fitting/good quality yoga pants (and affordable)

My girlfriend likes to wear yogapants and also leggings/tights..whatever they are called. However, the ones she has are all cheap no name ones and they just don't look that good (the fit). A bit too saggy here, loose there...etc.

I think this is due to the low quality ones she bought (mostly bought at cheap asian restailers).

I'd like to get some nicer and better quality yogapants and leggings for her, but of course...don't know where to look.

Any recommendations? I'm also looking for a deal. Brand name doesn't matter.
27 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Hmm I'd say Lululemon?

if she wants to save a bit, could try A&F as well, probably half the price as Lululemon.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
Do you mean pants to wear while practicing yoga? Pants to wear while lounging? Or do you mean black leggings?

Lululemon is overpriced IMO but I still continue to shop there occasionally for pants for the gym/yoga because I really can't find anything comparable in other brands. I've tried Nike, La Senza, Adidas, Old Navy, Joe Fresh, Jacob, Under Armor, One Tooth....etc. Nothing seems to be as well-fitting, moisture wicking, quick drying, non smelly etc. as the Lululemon stuff I buy.

But if you want to get her pants for lounging, going out, etc. I don't think Lululemon pants are the right ones. But personally, I don't go out and about in gym clothes though I see a lot of people wearing Lululemon as 'going out' outfits. It really depends what she needs the clothing for...
Nov 7, 2011
773 posts
34 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I wear Lululemon yoga pants, nothing compares to it for me. They have sale racks in stores do maybe look for those to save $$.

I would recommend TNA cotton leggings, they're not add fitted as Lulus but they have more coverage than your regular pair of leggings.

Forever 21 also has decent leggings.
CUTE PICS <3
http://tinyurl.com/cppxpvx & http://tinyurl.com/c4jbapt
WTB: BNIB BB Bold 9900 | Holt Renfrew GC
Mar 22, 2011
706 posts
248 upvotes
Costco actually has some decent yoga pants and capris for the fit and price that you're paying. It holds its shape and feels comfortable. $30 or so. I've had mine for 5 years and still going strong.

Admittably, lululemon has excellent styles, great comfort and nice material but it is on the expensive side.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
jandb wrote: Costco actually has some decent yoga pants and capris for the fit and price that you're paying. It holds its shape and feels comfortable. $30 or so. I've had mine for 5 years and still going strong.

Admittably, lululemon has excellent styles, great comfort and nice material but it is on the expensive side.

Only issues with the Costco stuff is that they have very limited styles which aren't suited to all activities and the fabric isn't as wicking/light and breatheable as some of the Lululemon stuff. The Costco price can't be beat though.
Jun 19, 2010
83 posts
10 upvotes
I recently bought some GAP workout pants that fit really well, hug all the right places, and even have a cool hidden pocket, all for a fraction of the cost of some other brands.

http://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/product. ... cale=en_CA

I tried some Lululemon pants on this weekend and was somewhat underwhelmed, at least for the price. I also tried on some Roots Ambleside Pants and loved the fit of them, but am going to wait for another online sale before I buy some because of the cost of them.

Roots Ambleside Pant
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1056 posts
170 upvotes
TNA, all the girls at my school wears them :razz:
Feb 1, 2010
457 posts
23 upvotes
TNA's look kinda cheap, Lulus are much classier IMO (...well as far as yoga pants go....)

check the "we made too much" section on their website, deals to be had there.
Jun 19, 2010
83 posts
10 upvotes
It looks like the link in my post doesn't go directly to the GAP pants I was talking about. They are called "GapFit gFlex Colorblock Waist Pants" and they were $26.99 less 30% when I bought them, so not a bad price at all.
Jul 27, 2007
316 posts
8 upvotes
GTA
hollister ones when on sale go for $26 or so. The ones at Costco are Champion brand. Very good value. they are Lulu knock-offs and I saw them for $20 or so last week.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2005
2058 posts
75 upvotes
Lululemon all the way. Nothing compares...there are cheap alternatives but nothing like lulus!

As for TNA leggings, save your money. I find them crappy quality. I only bought them for the length but they fade really quickly and on one pair the stitching has started to unravel.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2288 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
Everybody at the gym & yoga studios wear Lululemon. I don't think you could go wrong with that, otherwise TNA. TNA leggings are pretty cheap, comfortable and they last! My first pair of TNA leggings were from 3 years ago and they're still in very good condition, they were only like $22 too!
. : PrincessD : .
Apr 29, 2010
982 posts
171 upvotes
Ancaster
slowtyper wrote: My girlfriend likes to wear yogapants and also leggings/tights..whatever they are called. However, the ones she has are all cheap no name ones and they just don't look that good (the fit). A bit too saggy here, loose there...etc.

I think this is due to the low quality ones she bought (mostly bought at cheap asian restailers).

I'd like to get some nicer and better quality yogapants and leggings for her, but of course...don't know where to look.

Any recommendations? I'm also looking for a deal. Brand name doesn't matter.

hey, it's you.. I hope she doesn't browse rfd lol

anyway, if you're still looking..

Lululemon for yoga pants, they're more comfortable and better made than TNA. If you're looking for thin leggings then TNA is fair. $22 isn't really a deal though but they don't go on sale, at least not more than $2-3 off...

If you want some nice thicker leggings then I'm going to suggest checking out HR last call when there's a sale going on. You can get very well made Vince or Theory leggings for less than $80, they go for $200-$300 in stores.

I used to wear TNA leggings, have about 8 pairs in different cuts and shades but they aren't comparable.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
55 upvotes
Eddie Bauer has nice pants for "yoga".

Also the Bay sells Hue brand leggings and they are very nice- but usually around $30-60 a pair- but they are on sale often.

Zellers has Sportek brand that seems to be ok- I think I might have had shorts from that brand,but forget where they are now.
May 7, 2012
395 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
If you're looking for a deal, you'd probably prefer the prices at the Gap > Lululemon.
The Gap has what you're looking for, at half the price you'd pay at Lulu.
Their GapFit stuff come in two different materials/blends.
There are cotton ones there probably won't hold it's shape, and will have the same problem as the ones your gf is currently wearing. You'd be able to tell the difference in the materials. Most of the time, those are cotton+spandex.
Their gFast leggings have nylon in them, like the ones at Lululemon. Their quality is near par with Lululemon, so you get what you pay for.
Plus the Gap has sales like additional 30% off frequently. :)
Jun 19, 2010
83 posts
10 upvotes
Update: The Gap pants still look great, but they tend to attract cat hair and lint pretty badly. I recently bought a couple pairs of Roots Ambleside pants and I'm loving them. They don't attract hair as much and they feel softer to the touch and they look AWESOME! I work out every day and am fairly fit, so I don't have much to hide, but the Roots pants make my butt look way better than the Lulu pants I tried on in the store a while back and even after wearing them all day, the Roots pants relax a bit, but still hug me perfectly. I think I've found my new favourite workout pant and on sale I paid around $50 for them, so I can get two pairs vs. 1 pair of Lulus and I won't have to baby them in the wash like many people say you have to baby Lulus.