Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2012

Good god, is this what we've become? (Best Black Friday video ever)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2012 11:43 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 30, 2007
168 posts
30 upvotes
This video actually makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Excluding guns or violence, I think Retail stores love this sort of attention, the more aggressive the materialist is, the more the it makes other people want what they want. I seriously think that there
should be state/provincial laws that put the onus of protecting the public on the store. If you do that, you will see these types of scenes dramatically reduced.

Divide the store up via barriers. Let only X amount of people into those specific areas for X amount of time. Not a kneejerk reaction, but a cautious prevention against mob stupidity.

There's a difference between bargain hunting and winding up looking like a fool, or a herd of fools, on youtube.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
2581 posts
432 upvotes
Cheap Cat wrote:
Nov 24th, 2012 10:10 pm
Actually no, this is what Americans have become. Canadians acted rather civilized on BF. The CTV showed a comparison on the news with Canadians politely waiting in line.
Because our sales were garbage and nothing to fight over.

Some crappy phone isn't worth fighting over either though, I guess.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
1418 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
LOLLL must've been one cheap phone - it looked like it was in some kind of yellow box, probably some cheapie flip-phone LOLLL
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1046 posts
38 upvotes
Abbotsford
I think it was somewhere in the States. One has to wonder where the fire marshal was. Perhaps flashing his badge to get to the front of the line?
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
17946 posts
103386 upvotes
GTA
The phone was the LG Optimus Logic, a.k.a. LG L35g, selling for $38 (this is according to the video comments). At that price, likely one of the cheapest Android phones you can buy (even if it's at Android 2.3). $45/mo. for unlimited talk, text, and data (pay as you go). Great deal, but definitely not worth killing each other over!
Jan 5, 2009
422 posts
35 upvotes
This is why I love the american black friday, man. So I can watch these videos the day after. Hahahaha.
Jan 1, 2005
569 posts
54 upvotes
Montreal
A Wa-Mart in Georgia? Don't be surprised by this kind of behavior, half of them are drunk and live in a trailer.
Deal Fanatic
May 3, 2009
5767 posts
640 upvotes
We got samsung galaxy w for 25 here...a much better phone at cheaper price....and we dont see ppl fighting over it
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15351 posts
1585 upvotes
Toronto
TheRed wrote:
Nov 27th, 2012 12:43 am
We got samsung galaxy w for 25 here...a much better phone at cheaper price....and we dont see ppl fighting over it
Can someone tell us what phone that was? LOL I'm really curious what drove people that crazy!
Selling Feng Shui Crane Coin (See Avatar) - $80 - PM!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15351 posts
1585 upvotes
Toronto
deal_with_singh wrote:
Nov 27th, 2012 1:02 am
Can someone tell us what phone that was? LOL I'm really curious what drove people that crazy!
Edit: I think I found it...

It was the "LG Optimus Logic for Straight Talk" for $39.99 Save $50.00

Did a google image of all the phones and this was the only yellow boxed ones.

Selling Feng Shui Crane Coin (See Avatar) - $80 - PM!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
19880 posts
1518 upvotes
sgtplunder wrote:
Nov 24th, 2012 11:43 pm
This video actually makes me feel sick to my stomach.
Gotta love that huge guy at the beginning, fighting with what looks like a teenage girl, probably like 1/3rd his weight :rolleyes:
× < >