Tags:
None
Apr 9, 2013
94 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

Good Gyms or best Gym in Mississauga?

Good Day friends!!!!!

For those who lives in Mississauga, I just want to know a very very good Gym , I will be moving on May 1st and I can't live without going to the gym :facepalm:
I am a female , I will be new in the city by myself and also would need a place where I feel good.

Living around Erin Mills area.... if the gym is close to square one I don't mind neither.

Thanks a lot and have a blessed day. :cheesygri
20 replies
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
247 upvotes
What section of Erin Mills? If you're in the upper half north of Thomas then there's a gym on Erin Mills/Millcreek. The memebership per month is $10 or $20. It's fairly good except during the evening rush because it's not that big.

If you just need to lift weights and don't need any of the frills like classes then it's good.
Apr 9, 2013
94 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Nettles wrote: What section of Erin Mills? If you're in the upper half north of Thomas then there's a gym on Erin Mills/Millcreek. The memebership per month is $10 or $20. It's fairly good except during the evening rush because it's not that big.

If you just need to lift weights and don't need any of the frills like classes then it's good.
Thanks but I don't need to lose weight, I want a gym with a lot of classes, swimming pool, jacuzzi etc.... a very good one, I can pay up to $55.00 per month
I live 15 mins by car to square one.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1858 posts
306 upvotes
Mississauga
I'd probably go with Goodlife... they have six or or seven locations in Mississauga with four very close to or on Erin Mills and they have a location at square one... Lots of classes. The only thing they don't have generally are pools but some locations have deals with local hotels in the area for pool access. For pools, you could also go to the local community centre. Erin meadows community centre is off of Erin mills and has a nice pool.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1858 posts
306 upvotes
Mississauga
Life time fitness is at Winston Churchill/403 and is quite fancy with a pool and other good stuff but definitely over 55/month. Closer to 100 I think but I'm not a member. There was a thread in the sports forum discussing it.
Apr 9, 2013
94 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
jandumm wrote: I'd probably go with Goodlife... they have six or or seven locations in Mississauga with four very close to or on Erin Mills and they have a location at square one... Lots of classes. The only thing they don't have generally are pools but some locations have deals with local hotels in the area for pool access. For pools, you could also go to the local community centre. Erin meadows community centre is off of Erin mills and has a nice pool.
cool tks
Apr 9, 2013
94 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
jandumm wrote: Life time fitness is at Winston Churchill/403 and is quite fancy with a pool and other good stuff but definitely over 55/month. Closer to 100 I think but I'm not a member. There was a thread in the sports forum discussing it.
This one sounds good, tks
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Bump...

Any newer info on this topic? The main thing I am looking for is gyms with experienced and reliable personal trainers to work with. I understand a lot of the big places charge a lot for personal trainer packages but their trainers are usually newbs who don't actually make much money. Central Mississauga area preferred.
- casual gastronomist -
Jul 7, 2008
403 posts
49 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: Bump...

Any newer info on this topic? The main thing I am looking for is gyms with experienced and reliable personal trainers to work with. I understand a lot of the big places charge a lot for personal trainer packages but their trainers are usually newbs who don't actually make much money. Central Mississauga area preferred.

I like a lot of gyms, Grunt Performance (tomken and Kamato rd) is a small gym 24 hrs access and is a great workout family. I loved their TFW classes really pushed me to my limits and i saw the most gains over there. If you are interested for this gym Contact me and i get get you started. This gym is run by cops and they help you a lot with injuries or any modifications

the next gym i like is World Gym its cheap $10 per month (college way area) it is generally busy at times since its soo cheap but a lot of my friends go there so i join them there.

Life Time Fitness (winston churchill area) is a gorgeous gym depends on if you are buying individual/couple/ or family plans but they have everything you can think of there. I like this gym because its great for networking and they have great group fitness classes all included in membership and they have a great soccer turf, basketball nets, volleyball, swimming pools sauna , steam, Jacuzzi, it has everything. I love this gym as well (if you are interested in trying it out or signing up let me know)

Excel in lakeshore i hear is another great gym to go to, never been but a lot of my old colleagues use to go there.
With no power comes no responsibility
Aug 3, 2011
36 posts
EAST YORK
Checkout Gymify in streetsville (around Mississauga and Britannia), not too far from square one. There is also Anytime Fitness around Eglinton and Mavis area you may like. These are small 24 hour gyms though, the former has no contracts and relatively new gym.
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
Anyone try Gymify in streetsville? $35/month no contract. Or also yearly $365 which works out to $30.42 a month. Just don't understand their BS $65.00 startup fee.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2008
1375 posts
283 upvotes
Mississauga
jose.amante wrote: www.habitual.ca/

^where all the hottest girls in missisauga work out lol
haha i seen that place. u guys are beside Liberty Tire/Metal Works Studio? in the same plaza? lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)