if so, the price is dropped? thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Feb 13, 2009
451 posts
77 upvotes
the Classics are, no doubt quality clippers. But you can't really fade as well with them because they're not adjustable like the Oster Fast Feed and the Wahl Master Clippers.

Oh, one more thing depending on how you cut your hair.

If you're like me, you like to keep a nice low fade. Near bald around the back and then blend into about a number 1. (the smallest attachment comb in the set)

Now, with the Fast Feed, it comes with what they call the 'Medium' blade, which will not cut to the skin. If you want the bald fade type cut you will need to get the replacement blade seperately. The 'fine' blade is what you'll want which cuts to a 0000 length.

I went out looking for one and for the blade alone @ personal edge, is $50. Absolute joke if you ask me. I ended up ordering one on ebay for about $26 CAD once shipping was factored in.

If i'd have know this before i bought the clippers, I would have purchased the Wahl Master clippers which are equally as good. Some say they are even better; and they shave close to the skin without having to purchase and extra blade. Big + in my books.
Nov 4, 2006
181 posts
12 upvotes
Moncton
I'm also looking for a better set of clippers currently using Remington Titaniums.
Had my eye on either the Oster Fast Feed or the Oster Classic 76. I usually cut
my hair to 1/8" or sometimes 1/4" and shave my neck with it also.

Which would you recommend for my situation?
Apr 21, 2011
84 posts
6 upvotes
I'm also looking for a new clipper and was considering the fast feed. I ordered it during the summer (right before the canada post fiasco) and never received it. I managed to get reimburse but still had to pay for shipping...

Are there any deals for this right now? The prices for this seem to be 2x more than in the States.

By the way, how close to the scalp to this clipper cut? I'm looking for something that will leave around 1cm of hair. Usually corresponds to level 1 when I go to the barber.
Oct 5, 2008
122 posts
23 upvotes
+1 for usa-world-sales. Last year I bought from them the Oster Classic 76 (including #1 & #000 blades), Oster T Finishing Clippers, and a package of blade attachments for around US$170 shipped. Great deal IMO.
Apr 21, 2011
84 posts
6 upvotes
warthog wrote: +1 for usa-world-sales. Last year I bought from them the Oster Classic 76 (including #1 & #000 blades), Oster T Finishing Clippers, and a package of blade attachments for around US$170 shipped. Great deal IMO.

How close of a shave is #1?

Also did you pay any custom fees and/or taxes?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2326 posts
685 upvotes
Acton, Ontario
Make sure you ship USPS and 90% there won't be any additional charges for taxes when it gets back to you.
Worst case scenario you will have to pay local taxes, but we're talking $13 taxes on a $100 item, no biggie :)
Apr 21, 2011
84 posts
6 upvotes
Cool, Thanks.

But can you tell me the length of your hair after using this clipper at #1? I'm not looking for a super cool shave. I'd like to have around 1cm on hair left.
Oct 5, 2008
122 posts
23 upvotes
BeesBeads wrote: How close of a shave is #1?

Also did you pay any custom fees and/or taxes?
Roughly 2-3mm with the #1, although my hair is course so it may differ for fine hair. The #000 gets much closer and will cut you if you trap the skin, which is easy to do the first few times you use behind your ears, if you're cutting your own hair.

No extra fees beyond the price paid on ebay.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)