• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2010 4:24 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 13, 2008
26 posts

is this a good iPhone Plan (Bell)?

First, I got screwed with thinking that I could put my $200 upgrade credit with Bell towards the $199 3/year iPhone price and get it for free... they said no, that's only for new customers and that they would put my $200 credit towards the cost of the original phone ($799) and then Bell puts another $300 towards it...blah, blah, blah I still have to pay $199 for the iPhone... IF I decide to go ahead, I got the following plan out of their retention dept.

Shared Plan (both my wife and I would be getting the iPhone)
4GB shared (incl. tethering)
900 shared minutes
Call Display
6pm evenings
Visual Voice Mail
Free wi-fi at Starbucks
2500 text messages each
My5 Nationwide each
Wave the $35 activation credit each
$75 credit each on first bill ($150 savings)

$156 + tax (based on us purchasing the 16gb iPhone 3GS for 3 years)

what do you think, good deal?
7 replies
Mar 28, 2008
345 posts
167 upvotes
Bell's "upgrade credit" has always been total BS.

If they are asking you to pay $799 - $300 - $200 = $299 for the iPhone, that is BS. The standard price for 3GS is $199 on a 3 year contract, and they shouldn't charge you more than this.

The plans are okay I guess, but not excellent.
This is a type of decent Bell plan:
http://www.edvantage.ca/english/partner ... lity-e.asp

If you don't use long distance often, Fido has a $80 plan for unlimited local / txt / call display / vm + 6GB data.

Also if you can wait for 3 months till the new iPhone comes out, the price for 3GS will drop.
Temp. Banned
Feb 16, 2005
13610 posts
140 upvotes
Winnipeg
unlimited local calling? Can that be had anywhere? thx

** that plan looks decent.... seems to cover all you need and works out to about 80$ a month?
driving to NS to move, be back in a weekish
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3580 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
ngold wrote:
Apr 11th, 2010 8:43 pm
Bell's "upgrade credit" has always been total BS.

If they are asking you to pay $799 - $300 - $200 = $299 for the iPhone, that is BS. The standard price for 3GS is $199 on a 3 year contract, and they shouldn't charge you more than this.

The plans are okay I guess, but not excellent.
This is a type of decent Bell plan:
http://www.edvantage.ca/english/partner ... lity-e.asp

If you don't use long distance often, Fido has a $80 plan for unlimited local / txt / call display / vm + 6GB data.

Also if you can wait for 3 months till the new iPhone comes out, the price for 3GS will drop.
How does that "decent" Bell plan compares to OP's? :S he's only paying around 80$/mo each person with his plan. It's not bad at all. That Fido plan isn't better either...

To the OP: yes it's a good plan..I would take it ;)
Temp. Banned
Feb 16, 2005
13610 posts
140 upvotes
Winnipeg
I have a better plan with rogers and I pay less... so to me, it is decent.
driving to NS to move, be back in a weekish
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
2019 posts
547 upvotes
Ottawa
How do you get that Fido plan? don't see it on the site
Oct 4, 2006
362 posts
5 upvotes
I don't think that a good iPhone plan exists in Canada.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
26844 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
Myko wrote:
Apr 9th, 2010 4:23 pm
...what do you think, good deal?
What does it matter what some random Joe thinks? How does this plan suit YOUR NEEDS? Ultimately, you're going to get some kid who's friends work at Rogers and who game him/her everything free plus a $10 credit, and then brag to you about it and say 'that's not a good plan., I got a better one-and regurgitate it for you'. Are there better plans., sure there's always going to be a better one. Ultimately, does the plan save you money on what you pay now, Use that as a baseline., THEN attach retentions for moar discounts.

If you START expecting to get the absolutely best deal...it might be a difficult and long-drawn-out experience...unless you're just one of the lucky ones and gets an 'everything and the kitchen sink' type representative on the other line and hit the jackpot. Your only hope at that point is that this rep isn't quitting in a week and end up having all their last plan changes audited once they figure out this person gave out too many $50 credits to the same 20 accounts over the last 5months hehe.
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●6Gb●$50
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
× < >