None
[OP]
Mar 22, 2010
626 posts
165 upvotes
toronto

Good IPTV Servers?

Hello,

I've just gotten into IPTV and I think it's promising for live TV, much better than Kodi channels in this regard. The paid servers I tried so far are Voodoo and the Orange server from iptvchannels.com. Here is my review for them: These are pretty good - channels load up fast and are usable in terms of picture quality and stability. But they are far from perfect. The Voodoo one doesn't have Sportsnet One, so many games are missing and just yesterday that channel on the iptvchannel server had Leafs game in audio only, with an NHL logo as background. I tried the NHL dedicated channels but none of them were working. blah. Overall, the picture quality could be better for all the channels (and sometimes there is a bit of picture distortion/break up) though it's still FAR better and more reliable than most free sport streams on Kodi I have seen.

So, I am looking for suggestions on paid IPTV servers that are excellent when it comes to picture quality, stability and channel availability. Any suggestions?
25 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14987 posts
3544 upvotes
Haven't tried it but USTV Now claims 720p on their $20USD/month service. Just have to feel okay about lying to them as to you being expat US citizen...
Jan 15, 2010
428 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure how USTVNow is now, but I had them last year and they worked pretty good until you tried to watch something popular. Usually in the evenings or during events like the grammy's or something big I would get constant buffering. I ended up just cancelling it.

I really wish it worked though as it was nice having integrated into a TVGuide plugin in kodi.
Mar 19, 2013
663 posts
190 upvotes
Prince Albert, Sask.
DougO wrote:
Feb 5th, 2016 12:20 pm
Haven't tried it but USTV Now claims 720p on their $20USD/month service. Just have to feel okay about lying to them as to you being expat US citizen...
I have been using USTVnow for over a year (dual citizenship), If you sign up for their free 45 day trial, 7 channels, abc, cbs, CW, fox, nbc, pbs, my9. Feed is from Harrisburg, PA. 720p, supports mobile devices, supports AirPlay. Very stable, great quality. For a cost you can expand. When the trial is done you still get the 7 channels in SD quality, free. I just re-sign up.
Oct 29, 2014
675 posts
285 upvotes
Brampton, ON
lear wrote:
Feb 5th, 2016 12:02 pm
So, I am looking for suggestions on paid IPTV servers that are excellent when it comes to picture quality, stability and channel availability. Any suggestions?
SmoothStreams TV meets that criteria for sports and prime time TV shows. Plenty of channels, good video quality in general (with 720p HD for major games and events), minimal downtime and far better than any free streams.

USTVnow is not a bad option but costs will vary depending on the package. You might want to try t1m's free and legal Kodi add-ons for on demand content (some of which may be geo-blocked and require a smart DNS or VPN to view). The streams come directly from the networks of the channels. All of t1m's video add-ons can be downloaded from within Kodi.

http://addons.kodi.tv/author/t1m/

If you have an Android device, I also recommend Pluto TV (which can be downloaded from Google Play) for a wide variety of Internet content delivered in the form of channels with a program guide.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14987 posts
3544 upvotes
The T1M streams seem to be an aggregate of the individual streams already in the Kodi video addons repository. That is fine but it doesn't add any new streams or sources.

Currently watching some live NYC streams. Quite nice. Clear pic and good sound. But other streams no so great and much buffering. So it goes...
[OP]
Mar 22, 2010
626 posts
165 upvotes
toronto
kcorscadden wrote:
Feb 5th, 2016 1:57 pm
Check out www.satfix.to for various IPTV options, lots of servers posted on there
Thanks. IPTV serves are not hard to find at all, the issue is to find one that has better than average video quality, stability and all the Canadian sport channels.

I'm about what other people can recommend in this regard. I already tried two and was semi-satisfied as per my above reviews.Think IPTV can do better especially paid.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2992 posts
239 upvotes
Kingston
lear wrote:
Feb 5th, 2016 10:40 pm
Thanks. IPTV serves are not hard to find at all, the issue is to find one that has better than average video quality, stability and all the Canadian sport channels.

I'm about what other people can recommend in this regard. I already tried two and was semi-satisfied as per my above reviews.Think IPTV can do better especially paid.
Go to Satfix and look for Profinity TV, it's mainly CDN and US Channels, very little Internationals and very stable. One of the resellers actually has a Superbowl promo on for 50% off expiring on Monday
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2563 posts
1928 upvotes
Markham
kcorscadden wrote:
Feb 5th, 2016 11:18 pm
Go to Satfix and look for Profinity TV, it's mainly CDN and US Channels, very little Internationals and very stable. One of the resellers actually has a Superbowl promo on for 50% off expiring on Monday
Thanks!

Tried Profinity TV for a couple of days and took advantage of the 50% discount promo - which ends today - to donate for 1 year. This is done via PayPal, thus not giving out any credit card information.

I am using the IPTV Set-To-Box Emulator app on my Android TV box to watch Profinity TV.
Fingers crossed and hope it would last for at least 6 months.

In fact, Profinity TV offers a 3-day trial pass so that one can check out the quality and stability before donating any money.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14987 posts
3544 upvotes
drdtyc wrote:
Feb 8th, 2016 9:41 pm
Thanks!

Tried Profinity TV for a couple of days and took advantage of the 50% discount promo - which ends today - to donate for 1 year. This is done via PayPal, thus not giving out any credit card information.

I am using the IPTV Set-To-Box Emulator app on my Android TV box to watch Profinity TV.

In fact, Profinity TV offers a 3-day trial pass so that one can check out the quality and stability before donating any money.
Which box emu are you using? Google store is full of them these days...
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15340 posts
19589 upvotes
ONTARIO
DougO wrote:
Feb 8th, 2016 11:33 pm
I'd also like some info on this.

I found the post on that other forum where the guy mentions the trial. About sending the mac address of the mag emulator on android. Is it just the mac address of the wifi/ethernet device mentioned in the network settings of the app?

Edit: didn't realize at first the app he's using is literally called IPTV Set-To-Box Emulator. Will download and have a look.
Edit: Ok I see now in the settings, the emulator mag mac address is 00:1A:79:XX:XX:XX. Will open a ticket and send this mac. Hopefully get a trial going.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15340 posts
19589 upvotes
ONTARIO
drdtyc wrote:
Feb 8th, 2016 9:41 pm
Thanks!

Got the trial up and running on the iptv stb emulator app. Thanks for mentioning it. They were really quick to approve the mac address.

Every Canadian channel I've checked are quite pixelated though(cbc hd is fine). They play fine (no buffering), but tons of pixelation.
The US channels I've tested so far though are nice and clear and no buffering.

Are you experiencing the same?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2563 posts
1928 upvotes
Markham
BobSagget wrote:
Feb 9th, 2016 1:44 am
Got the trial up and running on the iptv stb emulator app. Thanks for mentioning it. They were really quick to approve the mac address.

Every Canadian channel I've checked are quite pixelated though(cbc hd is fine). They play fine (no buffering), but tons of pixelation.
The US channels I've tested so far though are nice and clear and no buffering.

Are you experiencing the same?
Canadian streams are pixalized. US streams have much better picture quality. They have UK streams in the English Bonus category. The Sports Bonus category has UK sports channels where major sports there like soccer and cricket are covered. There is also an Adult category with a couple of streams too. Parents beware. Though one can program parental control in the emulator.

One more thing. I run the emulator on 2 Android boxes using the same Mac address input to the emulator. Thus several TV's can share a single donation i.e. subscription.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2563 posts
1928 upvotes
Markham
DougO wrote:
Feb 8th, 2016 11:33 pm
I use this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... hmax&hl=en

Here is the YouTube video from which I learnt how to set up the IPTV STB Emulator app:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiqEZDybIhw

On my Android TV Box, I need to use both a remote control and a wireless mouse to do the set up. Once set up is done, the remote control alone is more than adequate for navigating within the emulator app.