313 upvotes
Ontario
Tried it once, terrible equipments.

Their ads are friken annoying
Dec 29, 2007
162 posts
9 upvotes
Halifax
Beware. As a former Gym Membership Sales Rep, these "free trials" are nothing more than a method for the gym to obtain your personal details and then continuously harrass you until you join. Avoid this like the plague.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2007
2701 posts
502 upvotes
Markham
mulock wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 6:49 pm
Beware. As a former Gym Membership Sales Rep, these "free trials" are nothing more than a method for the gym to obtain your personal details and then continuously harrass you until you join. Avoid this like the plague.
Interesting..

Anyways here is a 7 day free pass
I'll do another post
Banned
Feb 25, 2007
2007 posts
796 upvotes
Woodbridge
Avoid at all costs
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
Dec 25, 2010
445 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
mulock wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 6:49 pm
can't you just put a fake name/address?
--> Looking for electrical apprenticeship in Vancity <--
Oct 20, 2004
629 posts
148 upvotes
Ottawa
robertla wrote:
Jan 13th, 2013 2:48 am
can't you just put a fake name/address?
My guess is that they will ask for ID when you show up. If they didn't then people would just sign up for a free pass and rotate around to all the different goodlifes. This is a gym we are talking about, they scam you it isn't easy to scam them...
Dec 25, 2010
445 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
yaldaren wrote:
Jan 13th, 2013 9:06 am
My guess is that they will ask for ID when you show up. If they didn't then people would just sign up for a free pass and rotate around to all the different goodlifes. This is a gym we are talking about, they scam you it isn't easy to scam them...
i dont mind them mailing me junk since the place im living at is currently rented, so junkmail is common
--> Looking for electrical apprenticeship in Vancity <--
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2060 posts
918 upvotes
robertla wrote:
Jan 13th, 2013 10:36 am
i dont mind them mailing me junk since the place im living at is currently rented, so junkmail is common
It is not junkmail we are talking about. It is their contracts and payment process. They won't let you walk out unless you sign a 1 year contract with pre-authorized debit. No credit cards, no cash. Debit only. After the one year is up, good luck cancelling your membership. People have reported that they continue debiting your account for months after you have cancelled. Just look at their website: there are no prices. What does that tell you? It is a very shady business.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2166 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
cronichead wrote:
Jan 5th, 2013 11:02 am
Avoid at all costs
lol funny play on words
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8177 posts
1118 upvotes
At Goodlife, I've seen people just walk in many times with other members when the gate open. We even have a personal trainer who was fired and she still comes and uses the gym with her boyfriend and trains her outside clients there all for free, no one seems to care.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2020 upvotes
Nowhere
elwebmaster wrote:
Jan 13th, 2013 4:02 pm
It is not junkmail we are talking about. It is their contracts and payment process. They won't let you walk out unless you sign a 1 year contract with pre-authorized debit. No credit cards, no cash. Debit only. After the one year is up, good luck cancelling your membership. People have reported that they continue debiting your account for months after you have cancelled. Just look at their website: there are no prices. What does that tell you? It is a very shady business.
I was a longtime member. I put up with their poor housekeeping (dust, mould) and poor equipment maintenance because I wasn't paying much. When I finally quit after being told I could just call and quit since my membership was on medical hold, they insisted on taking another payment. The CSR was of no help, refused to transfer the call to someone who could help me so I put a stop payment on my account. I informed them that I would be doing this. A couple of months later without notice, I got a call from a law firm claiming to represent them looking to collect the $13 I supposedly owed plus $25. I looked up the number and found GoodLife uses this law firm to harrass former members whether they owe money or not. On the law firm's website, they brag that since they are not a collection agency they don't have to abide by the rules that collection agencies must follow and that they can recover costs. The woman who called me mumbled the name and when I asked that she give me the complete name of the firm, her name and a number they could be reached at, she hung up on me. She continued to call for months harassing me and only stopped when told she had the wrong person. I'm sure I'm not done with them. I would stay far away from GoodLife.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2081 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
lol sounds like all these gyms are the same?

If you don't want to be nagged probably the best place would be the YMCA? They have crappy equipment but they wont hold you hostage when you want to leave lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)