Cell Phones

Good news Fido $60 - 10 GB subscribers: If your plan says 15 GB, you actually do have 15 GB

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2018 11:27 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto

Good news Fido $60 - 10 GB subscribers: If your plan says 15 GB, you actually do have 15 GB

Good news Fido $60 - 10 GB subscribers: If your plan says 15 GB, you actually do have 15 GB... temporarily at least. ;) It's good for the current billing cycle.

My $60 10 GB plan went from 11 GB before my billing cycle reset to 5 GB after the reset, then to 10 GB a few hours later, and now to 15 GB days later. Noticing via the Fido app that the plan name and plan description had changed from the 5 GB BYOP Pulse plan with 5 GB data to a 10 GB BYOP pulse plan with 10 GB data, I just assumed they were changing the base plan to 10 GB and left the 5 GB bonus add-on intact until the changeover was complete, but we still just had 10 GB data. (Note it still says 5 GB BYOP plan when you log in via a web browser.)

Well I was right and wrong. Yes, it seems they are changing the base plan to 10 GB and did leave the 5 GB bonus intact during the changeover, but actually, as long as your data bucket says 15 GB, you actually get 15 GB.

Fido to Honour 5GB Extra Data Added to $60/10GB Plans for Current Billing Cycle

A Fido spokesperson told iPhone in Canada the 5GB data add-on was caused by a “temporary technical issue”, which affected “some Fido customers” on the $60/10GB plan.

So there you have it. If you’re seeing 5GB of extra data on your Fido account that has the $60/10GB plan, you get to keep it for free for this billing cycle. This extra 5GB data, along with Fido’s Data Bytes feature—which offers 5 hours of free data per month—means you’re going to have a happy month to stream video to your heart’s content, to a certain degree.

---

I'm tempted to just go crazy with TV streaming just to see if I can get near 15 GB, plus max out my DataBytes. So far I have used one DataBytes session for over 1 GB.
31 replies
Nov 9, 2014
576 posts
261 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
If the extra 5GB stayed as an error that would be such a hot deal
Virgin Mobile $75 | 10GB Unl.| Unl. Canada Wide | Unlimited Text/Pic Msg | 75.00

Don't forget to hit the THANKS button if I've helped. Have a Great Day!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
638 upvotes
NORTH YORK
EugW wrote: Good news Fido $60 - 10 GB subscribers: If your plan says 15 GB, you actually do have 15 GB
I doubt it judging from my exerience.
I had Chatr $20 unlimited local call plan. I got offer from Chatr to switch to Fido with 100 sms. So I switched. Somehow their computer screwed up and my plan actually stated I had nationwide unlimited call.
I thought that was nice. And I had $40 long distance/roaming and I was billed despite the printed plan . So I complained and Fido waived the charges and reverted me to $20 unlimited local call (which is not even in its current voice plan at all).
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
danieltoronto wrote: I doubt it judging from my exerience.
I had Chatr $20 unlimited local call plan. I got offer from Chatr to switch to Fido with 100 sms. So I switched. Somehow their computer screwed up and my plan actually stated I had nationwide unlimited call.
I thought that was nice. And I had $40 long distance/roaming and I was billed despite the printed plan . So I complained and Fido waived the charges and reverted me to $20 unlimited local call (which is not even in its current voice plan at all).
I guess you didn't read the post. Fido's own representative said they are honouring it for anyone affected.

However, it's likely it will only last one billing cycle.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
638 upvotes
NORTH YORK
EugW wrote: I guess you didn't read the post. Fido's own representative said they are honouring it for anyone affected.However, it's likely it will only last one billing cycle.
I would not have bothered to use the extra 5 Gb this month if I were in it.
1. The representative may be wrong
2. I do not want to get myself hooked to higher data bucket every month at all. 5 Gb lasts 2 movies I think
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
Wizard1 wrote: AWESOME

Heh. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Did you have some sort of 2 GB add-on?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9524 posts
12502 upvotes
EugW wrote: Heh. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Did you have some sort of 2 GB add-on?
Yep, they gave me another 2gb bonus ontop of the 10gb. Something to do with my account previously being a prepaid account (back in the 90s) and subsequently converted to a paid plan. Shrugs whatev ill take it
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
hvwozq wrote: Anybody wants to file a CCTS complaint since the Wireless Code says they have to give 30 days notice to change or remove any add-ons you have? They are not giving any notice in this case.
Huh? You're complaining because they are honouring people's extra data due to a glitch?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
EugW wrote: Huh? You're complaining because they are honouring people's extra data due to a glitch?
As per the Wireless Code, they have to let you keep that 5 GB add-on for at least 30 days after giving you notice. Here, you are not getting any notice at all. They are not doing you favours or being nice here. They are actually violating the Wireless Code.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
hvwozq wrote: As per the Wireless Code, they have to let you keep that 5 GB add-on for at least 30 days after giving you notice. Here, you are not getting any notice at all. They are not doing you favours or being nice here. They are actually violating the Wireless Code.
They are already providing the extra 5 GB. The original plan is 5 GB with a 5 GB bonus, total 10 GB.

The point here is that through a glitch, it's registering as 15 GB for some (not all) people. That extra 5 GB is coming from a change in the base plan showing up early for some people.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1352 posts
511 upvotes
London, ON
hvwozq wrote: As per the Wireless Code, they have to let you keep that 5 GB add-on for at least 30 days after giving you notice. Here, you are not getting any notice at all. They are not doing you favours or being nice here. They are actually violating the Wireless Code.
No they aren't, as it was a system glitch they don't even have to honour it but they are.
If it was a part of your plan than that is a different story.
Plan is 5+5 not 5+5+5
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
hvwozq wrote: Anybody wants to file a CCTS complaint since the Wireless Code says they have to give 30 days notice to change or remove any add-ons you have? They are not giving any notice in this case.
Don't be surprised if they then give you 30 days notice that they're dropping you off the plan. I'd pick your battles carefully, some are not worth pursuing.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
EugW wrote: They are already providing the extra 5 GB. The original plan is 5 GB with a 5 GB bonus, total 10 GB.

The point here is that through a glitch, it's registering as 15 GB for some (not all) people. That extra 5 GB is coming from a change in the base plan showing up early for some people.
sk1001 wrote: No they aren't, as it was a system glitch they don't even have to honour it but they are.
If it was a part of your plan than that is a different story.
Plan is 5+5 not 5+5+5
Old:
Base plan 5 GB $60
Add-on 5 GB $0

New:
Base plan 10 GB $60
Add-on 5 GB $0

After 30 days notice:
Base plan 10 GB $60
No add-on

Base plan change from 5 GB to 10 GB is allowed without notice since it benefits the customer.

Then, to remove that 5 GB $0 add-on, they have to give 30 days notice. They are not giving you any notice.
WorldIRC wrote: Don't be surprised if they then give you 30 days notice that they're dropping you off the plan. I'd pick your battles carefully, some are not worth pursuing.
It is all about making them pay $$ fine to the CCTS.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
What more notice would you want when they stated that the error of 5GB is only valid for the current billing cycle. If you do not think that is a notice itself, then I don't know what it is. I hope it comes back to you like a boomerang.
Dec 21, 2011
321 posts
259 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
After calling Fido today for an unrelated mater, I can relay from Cust Service that Fido has over 10,000 account that need adjustment.
I had 2 lines @ $60/10 gig plan.
1 Showed 15 gig
other showed
17gig that had 5+5 Bonus +5 Bonus +2Bonus gig = 17gig
I never had a 2gig bonus on that line so I had no idea where it came from.
Stupid me I drew attention to myself and they took off all the extra.
Its doubtful that they would have caught this 17gig seeing how several Bonus gigs were being stacked.
Its best not to talk to any operators until adjustments are made otherwise, you will be flagged.
Perhaps I would have just lost the 5gig extra though a system update and kept the extra 2.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)