Cell Phones

Good news Fido $60 - 10 GB subscribers: If your plan says 15 GB, you actually do have 15 GB

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2018 11:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
14793 posts
2614 upvotes
Toronto

Good news Fido $60 - 10 GB subscribers: If your plan says 15 GB, you actually do have 15 GB

Good news Fido $60 - 10 GB subscribers: If your plan says 15 GB, you actually do have 15 GB... temporarily at least. ;) It's good for the current billing cycle.

My $60 10 GB plan went from 11 GB before my billing cycle reset to 5 GB after the reset, then to 10 GB a few hours later, and now to 15 GB days later. Noticing via the Fido app that the plan name and plan description had changed from the 5 GB BYOP Pulse plan with 5 GB data to a 10 GB BYOP pulse plan with 10 GB data, I just assumed they were changing the base plan to 10 GB and left the 5 GB bonus add-on intact until the changeover was complete, but we still just had 10 GB data. (Note it still says 5 GB BYOP plan when you log in via a web browser.)

Well I was right and wrong. Yes, it seems they are changing the base plan to 10 GB and did leave the 5 GB bonus intact during the changeover, but actually, as long as your data bucket says 15 GB, you actually get 15 GB.

Fido to Honour 5GB Extra Data Added to $60/10GB Plans for Current Billing Cycle

A Fido spokesperson told iPhone in Canada the 5GB data add-on was caused by a “temporary technical issue”, which affected “some Fido customers” on the $60/10GB plan.

So there you have it. If you’re seeing 5GB of extra data on your Fido account that has the $60/10GB plan, you get to keep it for free for this billing cycle. This extra 5GB data, along with Fido’s Data Bytes feature—which offers 5 hours of free data per month—means you’re going to have a happy month to stream video to your heart’s content, to a certain degree.

---

I'm tempted to just go crazy with TV streaming just to see if I can get near 15 GB, plus max out my DataBytes. So far I have used one DataBytes session for over 1 GB.
31 replies
Nov 9, 2014
537 posts
245 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
If the extra 5GB stayed as an error that would be such a hot deal
Virgin Mobile $60 | 10GB | Unl. Canada Wide | Unlimited Text/Pic Msg | $10 Loy Bill credit | 10% off | $45.80

Don't forget to hit the THANKS button if I've helped. Have a Great Day!

No External links in signatures.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
4669 posts
601 upvotes
NORTH YORK
EugW wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:09 pm
I doubt it judging from my exerience.
I had Chatr $20 unlimited local call plan. I got offer from Chatr to switch to Fido with 100 sms. So I switched. Somehow their computer screwed up and my plan actually stated I had nationwide unlimited call.
I thought that was nice. And I had $40 long distance/roaming and I was billed despite the printed plan . So I complained and Fido waived the charges and reverted me to $20 unlimited local call (which is not even in its current voice plan at all).
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
14793 posts
2614 upvotes
Toronto
danieltoronto wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:52 pm
I doubt it judging from my exerience.
I had Chatr $20 unlimited local call plan. I got offer from Chatr to switch to Fido with 100 sms. So I switched. Somehow their computer screwed up and my plan actually stated I had nationwide unlimited call.
I thought that was nice. And I had $40 long distance/roaming and I was billed despite the printed plan . So I complained and Fido waived the charges and reverted me to $20 unlimited local call (which is not even in its current voice plan at all).
I guess you didn't read the post. Fido's own representative said they are honouring it for anyone affected.

However, it's likely it will only last one billing cycle.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
4669 posts
601 upvotes
NORTH YORK
EugW wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:54 pm
I guess you didn't read the post. Fido's own representative said they are honouring it for anyone affected.However, it's likely it will only last one billing cycle.
I would not have bothered to use the extra 5 Gb this month if I were in it.
1. The representative may be wrong
2. I do not want to get myself hooked to higher data bucket every month at all. 5 Gb lasts 2 movies I think
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
14793 posts
2614 upvotes
Toronto
Wizard1 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 11:24 am
AWESOME

Heh. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Did you have some sort of 2 GB add-on?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
7920 posts
7418 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 11:36 am
Heh. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Did you have some sort of 2 GB add-on?
Yep, they gave me another 2gb bonus ontop of the 10gb. Something to do with my account previously being a prepaid account (back in the 90s) and subsequently converted to a paid plan. Shrugs whatev ill take it
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
14793 posts
2614 upvotes
Toronto
hvwozq wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 7:34 pm
Anybody wants to file a CCTS complaint since the Wireless Code says they have to give 30 days notice to change or remove any add-ons you have? They are not giving any notice in this case.
Huh? You're complaining because they are honouring people's extra data due to a glitch?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
4383 posts
1919 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 8:03 pm
Huh? You're complaining because they are honouring people's extra data due to a glitch?
As per the Wireless Code, they have to let you keep that 5 GB add-on for at least 30 days after giving you notice. Here, you are not getting any notice at all. They are not doing you favours or being nice here. They are actually violating the Wireless Code.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
14793 posts
2614 upvotes
Toronto
hvwozq wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 10:29 pm
As per the Wireless Code, they have to let you keep that 5 GB add-on for at least 30 days after giving you notice. Here, you are not getting any notice at all. They are not doing you favours or being nice here. They are actually violating the Wireless Code.
They are already providing the extra 5 GB. The original plan is 5 GB with a 5 GB bonus, total 10 GB.

The point here is that through a glitch, it's registering as 15 GB for some (not all) people. That extra 5 GB is coming from a change in the base plan showing up early for some people.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1071 posts
332 upvotes
London, ON
hvwozq wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 10:29 pm
No they aren't, as it was a system glitch they don't even have to honour it but they are.
If it was a part of your plan than that is a different story.
Plan is 5+5 not 5+5+5
Sep 27, 2003
8769 posts
1837 upvotes
Newmarket
hvwozq wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 7:34 pm
Anybody wants to file a CCTS complaint since the Wireless Code says they have to give 30 days notice to change or remove any add-ons you have? They are not giving any notice in this case.
Don't be surprised if they then give you 30 days notice that they're dropping you off the plan. I'd pick your battles carefully, some are not worth pursuing.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller