Tags:
None
May 6, 2004
212 posts
1 upvote
Kingston

Good Notebook Deal???

Dell D500

I'm looking into potentially buying one off someone privately in my home town and was wondering if this is a good deal and whether or not I should go for it. Here are the specifications:

Dell Latitude D500
Processor Type Centrino Pentium M
Processor Speed 1.3GHz CPU
RAM 512MB
Hard Drive 30GB
Display 14.1 inch TFT display
Screen Resolution 1024 x 768
Optical Drive Int DVD Player/CD Burner
Operating System MS WinXP Pro
Wireless LAN Built in Wireless LAN 802.11b 11Mbps
Bluetooth Built-in-Bluetooth

He's asking $850 for it, there's no longer a warranty on it but it looks solid and seems to work without any problems. Any advice, or opinions from everyone, and especially those who have worked with one of these notebooks would be great! Thanks!! :)
4 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
If everything is in good shape (both functionally and physically) then yes, it's a good deal.
May 6, 2004
212 posts
1 upvote
Kingston
Thanks Chatbox, I ended up working him down to $750 since he didn't have the boxes and packaging nor did he have the recovery disks... not too big of a deal since all the drivers and stuff are on Dell's website anyways! Definately a steal if you ask me, but thanks for the advice nonetheless! :)
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Man, you got yourself hell of a good deal there! Enjoy!
I guess I need to learn how to bargain with people even when the prices are good...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2004
9318 posts
204 upvotes
too late seeing as you bought it already but always something to ask to how is the battery life on the lappy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)