Tags:
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11147 posts
1326 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Becks wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 5:04 pm
Supposedly, a lot of neck and upper back pain is from being hunched over a lot, looking at ur phone or computer.
New gen kids have that problem. My chiro is getting more and more patients wit this issue. He's seen kids as young as 8 having hunched back/shoulders from looking at the damn iphones and ipads all day. Peeps dont get the fact bones remain malleable until adulthood when they solidify and mature
Last edited by aznnorth on Oct 22nd, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5164 posts
498 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 1:59 pm
New gen kids have that problem. My chiro is getting more and more patients wit this issue. He's seen kids as young as 8 having hunched back/shoulders from looking at the damn iphones and ipads all day. Peeps dont get bones remain malleable until adulthood before they solidify.
But isn't the issue muscular? The bones can't move themselves...muscles do that. And if there's pain, it's likely coming from a muscle or nerve.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11147 posts
1326 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
amz155 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2018 4:29 pm
But isn't the issue muscular? The bones can't move themselves...muscles do that. And if there's pain, it's likely coming from a muscle or nerve.
Of course muscular system (muscles groups, tendons, fibres) is accountable but it is the pressure along the bone and bone joints which shapes it in a direction that's abnormal. Bones are malleable while a child is still growing. Meaning if one continues to force pressure upon a joint, bone, vertebrae, etc the bone will bend in that direction. If done long enuff it becomes permanent. The point is to catch it early enuff and do reverse exercises and stretches to counteract the situation BEFORE it becomes permanent.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11972 posts
1742 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Trivia: in the old days in China, some people used ceramic pillows.

https://www.christies.com/features/Song ... 676-1.aspx
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16482 posts
1458 upvotes
Space for rent
Becks wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 2:09 pm
Trivia: in the old days in China, some people used ceramic pillows.

https://www.christies.com/features/Song ... 676-1.aspx
That's nuts.

I grew up sleeping on nothing more than a makeshift pillow using layers of clothing on a hard floor with bamboo sheeting. Most of my family did.

Amazing the technology and advancements we enjoy we're still suffering chronic pains. For myself I use the cheap variety from WalMart. I don't find that much of a difference from that to the "good stuff" from Ikea. I bought the $40 pill shaped memory foam one they had and it felt very uncomfortable but I should have given it a longer trial than a few nights sleep.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7170 posts
1437 upvotes
Mississauga
I like my old flat pillow. I bought a puffy expensive pillow a couple of years ago but can't get used to it, it's too high, it sleeps on the floor. I bought a Costco memory foam and wasn't comfortable from day one. Somehow the hotel pillows always seem fine. Maybe a feather pillow that conforms to your head would be good.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
11764 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
wow sorry i totally forgot i posted. I usually get notification when i get quoted but seems like i didn't receive any this time.

Anyway I actually went to a local health clinic near work that had everything. Had 2 appointments with a massage therapist that recommended i check out a physio. That seemed to help with my neck problem for the moment. Also was given some exercises to help, but boy was that expensive...

Now what is the difference between physio and a chiro?

I was told to get a nice flat pillow or don't use a pillow and use a rolled up towel on neck but i don't think i can sleep like that. I'll try out the memory foam from Costco, is it weird to return it if it doesn't work? I am not sure what the purple stuff is, but will look into it.

Thanks All!
[QUOTE]One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
[/QUOTE]

PSN: Aznkid2000
3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
Mar 17, 2015
157 posts
201 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
I used to go through 2-3 pillows a year, would buy new one when either packed down or neck got sore. Then neck pain never went away so caved in and tried a LATEX pillow (shredded one to be precise) & it solved the problem for me. Now I rarely get neck pain & when I do, it's not from a poor sleep. Wife bought one a year after me. Solved it for her too. We have since given two more as gifts to people that complained of neck pain (inlaw & friend), both of which reported it solved their neck pain too (inlaw has since bought an additional one for camper lol).

As others have stated, pillows are very person specific -- even in latex, one can get shredded or one solid piece and the solid ones come in many densities.