• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 9:30 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
I like my old flat pillow. I bought a puffy expensive pillow a couple of years ago but can't get used to it, it's too high, it sleeps on the floor. I bought a Costco memory foam and wasn't comfortable from day one. Somehow the hotel pillows always seem fine. Maybe a feather pillow that conforms to your head would be good.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
wow sorry i totally forgot i posted. I usually get notification when i get quoted but seems like i didn't receive any this time.

Anyway I actually went to a local health clinic near work that had everything. Had 2 appointments with a massage therapist that recommended i check out a physio. That seemed to help with my neck problem for the moment. Also was given some exercises to help, but boy was that expensive...

Now what is the difference between physio and a chiro?

I was told to get a nice flat pillow or don't use a pillow and use a rolled up towel on neck but i don't think i can sleep like that. I'll try out the memory foam from Costco, is it weird to return it if it doesn't work? I am not sure what the purple stuff is, but will look into it.

Thanks All!
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Mar 17, 2015
965 posts
1981 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
I used to go through 2-3 pillows a year, would buy new one when either packed down or neck got sore. Then neck pain never went away so caved in and tried a LATEX pillow (shredded one to be precise) & it solved the problem for me. Now I rarely get neck pain & when I do, it's not from a poor sleep. Wife bought one a year after me. Solved it for her too. We have since given two more as gifts to people that complained of neck pain (inlaw & friend), both of which reported it solved their neck pain too (inlaw has since bought an additional one for camper lol).

As others have stated, pillows are very person specific -- even in latex, one can get shredded or one solid piece and the solid ones come in many densities.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)