Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3566 posts
1038 upvotes
Ontario, Canada

Good place to buy miele vacuum bags?

I don't have anything against anyone who owns a bagless. So please don't have anything against me or this thread.

Is there a place online to get discounted miele vacuum bags? Or is full price the only option. My S8 needs the G/N AirClean bags. On miele.ca they are $19.99 for a box of 4 or $34.99 for two boxes. Shipping is $7.50 to ontario or free if over $50.

Neither amazon.ca or ebay ever have official ones cheaper than miele.ca. I haven't found any site that sells cheaper or has the option of coupons for order discounts. Other than the maybe 1% from ebates for amazon.ca

I know there are other brand bags. Completely generic or 3M Filtrete. those i know where to get.

I was really hoping shop.ca carried them. Would have stacked my facebook/paypal coupons and bough a supply of them from there.
14 replies
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
Buy them at Sears online with the $10 off per $50. Have them shipped to your closest Sears for pick up.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1041 posts
228 upvotes
Hamilton
Have you tried Costco.ca ?

Never mind- they do not seem to have S8 bags...
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know either. Our Miele requires the FJM Air Clean. I bought a couple of boxes when I bought the Miele - and I should probably change the bag about now.

We no longer have a bagless because I have bad allergies - the bag type works better for me. And then there is the double-coated shedding fuzzbutt. I have the Swiffer dry mop and an older Oreck going as well. I save the Miele for "good".
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6826 posts
1482 upvotes
Manitoba
I bought the G/N bags (the value pack) directly from Miele in late April last year. They had a special on, I think it was a 20% discount and free shipping (and my order was under $50 so there must have been a special deal on shipping too) . That's about as good as it gets. I think got a notice of the sale because I had registered my vacuum online with them.

Only other place might be Costco.ca where prices usually include shipping. You're not going to get a great deal anyways because Miele seems to do a pretty good job of controlling their prices and limiting who carries their stuff.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3566 posts
1038 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Anikiri wrote: Buy them at Sears online with the $10 off per $50. Have them shipped to your closest Sears for pick up.
Where can i find this coupon. That sounds like it's as good as it gets.

found it. sign up for enews letter. signing up now.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3566 posts
1038 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Dekster wrote: Have you tried Costco.ca ?

Never mind- they do not seem to have S8 bags...
Wow can't believe i forgot costco. The S8 uses the G/N bags. so costco.ca does have them. But funnily enough costco's price is actually higher than everywhere else. They're selling the value pack (8 bags, 2 motor filters, 2 airclean filters) for $38.99. Sears. miele. amazon. and the two small vacuum stores i found online all sell the value pack for $35.99
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
Kevinck wrote: Wow can't believe i forgot costco. The S8 uses the G/N bags. so costco.ca does have them. But funnily enough costco's price is actually higher than everywhere else. They're selling the value pack (8 bags, 2 motor filters, 2 airclean filters) for $38.99. Sears. miele. amazon. and the two small vacuum stores i found online all sell the value pack for $35.99
I will ask my German born friend tomorrow. She uses a Hoover in her store but at home has a Miele and I know she changes the bag after every use. But it is possible that she just buys them across the street at the vacuum shop where I bought our Miele. I have made a note of the size you use.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
woof wrote: I bought the G/N bags (the value pack) directly from Miele in late April last year. They had a special on, I think it was a 20% discount and free shipping (and my order was under $50 so there must have been a special deal on shipping too) . That's about as good as it gets. I think got a notice of the sale because I had registered my vacuum online with them.

Only other place might be Costco.ca where prices usually include shipping. You're not going to get a great deal anyways because Miele seems to do a pretty good job of controlling their prices and limiting who carries their stuff.
I received the e-mail as well since I also registered our Miele. I guess I should have purchased some.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5805 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
Blanche123 wrote: I will ask my German born friend tomorrow. She uses a Hoover in her store but at home has a Miele and I know she changes the bag after every use. But it is possible that she just buys them across the street at the vacuum shop where I bought our Miele. I have made a note of the size you use.
woh really? How often do people change the Miele bags?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
boyohboy wrote: woh really? How often do people change the Miele bags?
No, not everyone does (I hope). My friend moved to Canada from Germany in her mid 30s and likes a very clean house. Plus she originally trained as a mechanical engineer - and for some reason all of her appliances seem to last a very long time.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3566 posts
1038 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
The box says to change when the suction indicator says so (if your vacuum has the indicator) or every 3 months. It really depends on how much and what type of debris you're picking up. I write the date when i put mine in. I just changed mine since the suction indicator sugested it. Turns out i put the last one in Nov 2014.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
Blanche123 wrote: I will ask my German born friend tomorrow. She uses a Hoover in her store but at home has a Miele and I know she changes the bag after every use. But it is possible that she just buys them across the street at the vacuum shop where I bought our Miele. I have made a note of the size you use.
I asked my friend yesterday where she buys her Miele vacuum bags - I was right - at the vacuum shop across the street. She will only use Miele bags in her vacuum.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3566 posts
1038 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Thanks. i'm trying to find a $15 filler items on sears.ca to get me up to the $50 to use the $10 off coupon. having trouble finding anything that doesn't feel like a waste of money. Mostly because i can't think of anything to even search for.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3097 posts
474 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Find your local Miele dealer and drive/walk there and get them. They enforce pretty flat pricing all over. I tried shopping around last and that went no where. I just buy from the guy I bought the vacuum from, helps to show face since he's more energetic chasing Miele on warranty stuff (the click lock on my wand broke....).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)