Off Topic

Good Place to Get Platinum Ring Resized in Toronto/Mississauga?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2012 2:16 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 1, 2003
413 posts
32 upvotes

Good Place to Get Platinum Ring Resized in Toronto/Mississauga?

I have a platinum engagement ring and wedding band I need to size up and also replace a small diamond on my band. I prefer a place that can do it with me present as I don't want to leave them with the engagement ring. I am willing to go anywhere in the GTA for a reliable/affordable jeweler that can do that while I wait.

Any recommendations? Thanks.
4 replies
Feb 10, 2010
646 posts
155 upvotes
Ajax, ON
It will be hard to find a place that resize your ring with you present, base on my own experience months ago mostly all places will take couple days (some weeks) to resize your platinum ring. Keep in mind that the laser welding is the best method to resize platinum rings so you need to find a place with an in house laser welding machine, don't bother with other methods, with platinum definitive laser is the way to go.

I called mostly all the places around GTA and found different prices, methods and time to get my platinum ring done, as you I was looking for a place to do it in front of me or at least same day service with laser technology. Believe or not found just 2 places and at the end went to sayyesdismonds and I'm extremely happy with the service they provide. His name is Alan Delides and his office is one block from Eaton Center, he share an office with his father who I believe have his own company. They have in house laser machine an offer same day service. I have to admit my fiance almost have a panick attack when she learned we have to leave her ring couple hours while resize but when I talked with this two gentleman I knew my ring was in good hands, ring turns out perfect, no marks or seams. I feel you OP about to be worry of people to change ur diamond, specially with this new moissanite diamonds that even a professional jewelry can't notice the difference with real diamonds. Hope this helps.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14299 posts
1970 upvotes
Toronto
ToDealHunter wrote:
Oct 21st, 2012 1:51 am
It will be hard to find a place that resize your ring with you present, base on my own experience months ago mostly all places will take couple days (some weeks) to resize your platinum ring. Keep in mind that the laser welding is the best method to resize platinum rings so you need to find a place with an in house laser welding machine, don't bother with other methods, with platinum definitive laser is the way to go.

I called mostly all the places around GTA and found different prices, methods and time to get my platinum ring done, as you I was looking for a place to do it in front of me or at least same day service with laser technology. Believe or not found just 2 places and at the end went to sayyesdismonds and I'm extremely happy with the service they provide. His name is Alan Delides and his office is one block from Eaton Center, he share an office with his father who I believe have his own company. They have in house laser machine an offer same day service. I have to admit my fiance almost have a panick attack when she learned we have to leave her ring couple hours while resize but when I talked with this two gentleman I knew my ring was in good hands, ring turns out perfect, no marks or seams. I feel you OP about to be worry of people to change ur diamond, specially with this new moissanite diamonds that even a professional jewelry can't notice the difference with real diamonds. Hope this helps.
13 posts in 2 yrs. Srsly?
× < >