Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1753 posts
49 upvotes

good place to hem jeans??

got a pair of r&r, need to have them hemmed....why am I not 6'2?? lol jks.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
3908 posts
654 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
You'll want to list a location.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1753 posts
49 upvotes
LOL, i don't think we have the proper machinery.

scarborough is the location =)
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
2783 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
You can pretty much take it to any tailor that does alternations...I took my Nudies to this place in Markville and they did a pretty decent job...the stitching isnt 100% the same, and the actual thread is a little thinner than the original, however, unless you're going to bend down and stare at my ankles you won't notice a difference.

I don't know if you can get the exact same thread...I've never had R&R so I don't know what the threading is like.
Heatware: spikyazn (11-0-0)
Mar 17, 2005
168 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I know the OP listed Scarborough but if you are in the North York area there is a great Korean tailor shop that will hem jeans for $5. I have taken lots of pants there and they do a great job. They are on Yonge St, just north of Yonge and Empress, on the east side, and called Ramen Cleaners. :cheesygri
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1753 posts
49 upvotes
Superchick wrote:
Apr 25th, 2008 8:35 pm
I know the OP listed Scarborough but if you are in the North York area there is a great Korean tailor shop that will hem jeans for $5. I have taken lots of pants there and they do a great job. They are on Yonge St, just north of Yonge and Empress, on the east side, and called Ramen Cleaners. :cheesygri
lol $5 sounds like a good deal. =) i guess i'll pay a visit. i take they are pretty good eh? :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1521 posts
2 upvotes
GTA/London
I don't know what the fuss is with hemming jeans. There are a billion threads on where to hem jeans. A hem is the easiest thing to do, any dry cleaners will do it. It doesn't matter if your jeans are $5 or $500 - a hem is a hem, unless you want to replicate chainstitching on certain denim.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1753 posts
49 upvotes
any place in scarborough?? i wanted to check it out today but too lazy to drive around, gas price is high too =P
Feb 19, 2008
396 posts
4 upvotes
thread revival...

Does anyone know a good place for euro hem near sheppard and younge area?
Deal Fanatic
May 21, 2005
8237 posts
54 upvotes
on a somewhat related note...is it possible to turn bootcut jeans into straight/standard cut?
FOR SALE
Shoes for sale, sz 10 - 11
100% Heatware/RFD/HoFo/eBay Feedback
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2006
9781 posts
470 upvotes
North America
munsifn wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2008 7:03 pm
on a somewhat related note...is it possible to turn bootcut jeans into straight/standard cut?
Yep, my friend did it at a tailor shop.
Sep 9, 2005
761 posts
5 upvotes
I've been going to Mati for a few years and the guy does amazing work.

Located at Yonge & Sheppard just north of the 401 exit.

4632 Yonge Street on Cameron Avenue
416 218 0721.

I buy jeans excessively and get the "euro hem" for an amazing price. Other places charge $18 usually, but when I've compared the quality of the hems at other places and it hasn't been worth it. This guy does great work, and I would expect nothing less considering the cost of my jeans (Seven for all Mankind, Earnest Sewn, Chip & Pepper, etc.)

Great service for very reasonable prices.
× < >