[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3694 posts
1974 upvotes
North York

Is this a good Propane BBQ?

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.3-bu ... 61919.html

See this at HomeDepot. Online reviews look decent, and it's definitely in the price range.
I am not a hardcore bbq-er. Maybe a few times a months or so. Family of 3 (+1 soon), and occasionally have the kid's grandparents and/or friends over.

Anyone can chip in their opinions/experience?

Would appreciate it!
How do I downvote this voting system?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
5785 posts
1871 upvotes
Markham
This is a piece of crap. Even if you don't BBQ often, it is a piece of arse.

If you have to go for the cheapest thing, you can get the Weber Spirit E-210, which is a decent unit. If you really want a BBQ that will last you for 10-15 years without problems, get a Weber E-310 or better. Even used these are great.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
8743 posts
905 upvotes
Toronto
Anikiri wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 11:47 am

If you have to go for the cheapest thing, you can get the Weber Spirit E-210, which is a decent unit. If you really want a BBQ that will last you for 10-15 years without problems, get a Weber E-310 or better. Even used these are great.
+1. Just read the varying reviews. You're already 60% there. Why not just spend a bit more get something that'll make you actually enjoy bbqing and learning about it. If you have a cheaper (i.e. Uneven, not as hot, more rust prone) one, it makes it less fun and motivating to learn and try out different recipes.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3694 posts
1974 upvotes
North York
Anikiri wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 11:47 am

at1212b wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 11:58 am
+1. Just read the varying reviews. You're already 60% there. Why not just spend a bit more get something that'll make you actually enjoy bbqing and learning about it. If you have a cheaper (i.e. Uneven, not as hot, more rust prone) one, it makes it less fun and motivating to learn and try out different recipes.
Why is it a piece of crap? I see it is 4 stars by 13 reviews on HD canada, and 4.5 stars by over 126 reviews on HP US.

The first thing I looked at was where it was made. And apparently these broil-mate are canada/us.
The webers, on the other hand, are made in china.
How do I downvote this voting system?
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
2142 posts
957 upvotes
GTA
Obviously it won't be as good as a higher priced Webber, but this BBQ will get hot and cook your food and will work fine if you're not picky about BBQ'ing. It may only last 5 years before the burners and grills rust out though.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel