• Nov 15th, 2010 10:16 am
Tags:
None
Aug 28, 2008
235 posts
5 upvotes

Good Router

Hi RFDers,

I'm looking for a good router to replace my old G d-link router.

The price range im looking is around 40 - 80.

I need it to be compatible with my PS3 either for wired or wireless.

Thanks in advance
6 replies
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1413 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa, On
Anything that supports dd-wrt or Tomato firmwares.

At your price range there's this one: ASUS RT-N13U

But if youre willing to up your price range, or wait for a sale then this one is supposed to be better: ASUS RT-N16
Aug 28, 2008
235 posts
5 upvotes
i c

im running on texxsavy dsl which is kinda slow could it be because of my provider that the internet is worse?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38392 posts
12019 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
cowar wrote: i c

im running on texxsavy dsl which is kinda slow could it be because of my provider that the internet is worse?

The speed maybe affected by your approximity to the central office. This would make it a Bell issue.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1413 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa, On
cowar wrote: i c

When you say slow do you mean slow all the time or just when downloading a torrent file or a like? Bell throttles torrent download speed for teksavvy which could make things seem slow.
Aug 28, 2008
235 posts
5 upvotes
slow as in when i play Black ops.

always lag average

and my dl cap at 500 kb/s
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1413 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa, On
cowar wrote: slow as in when i play Black ops.

always lag average

and my dl cap at 500 kb/s
OK well two things first is that 500 k BITS or k BYTES. If its in BYTES then you have a fairly decent download speed for teksavvy DSL, if you want better then get teksavvy cable. If its in BITS then there is major line problems going on and I'd call teksavvy to get that sorted out. As for the latency, do a trace route somewhere, i.e. the sever for black ops. See where in the path the slowdown. If its your router, then get a new one, if its your link to teksavvy then call them, if its out on the internet somewhere... well then your SOL.

David

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)