10706 posts
3312 upvotes
Kitchener
desertdeal wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 8:57 pm
You must have miss this announcement from ME:

Memory Express' Annual Boxing Day Sale!
Wednesday, December 26th
All retail locations will be open from 8AM to 8PM on Wednesday, December 26th for our annual Boxing Day Sale.
Shop early online
Check our website on Monday, December 24th sometime after 6:00pm MST for our Boxing Day Door Crashers and specials.
Instore Pickup Outage
Please note that there will be no instore pickup for online orders for the duration of the Boxing Day Sale.
* There will be no Returns, Exchanges or Price Beat / Protection during the Boxing Day Sale (Dec 24th - 26th).
His order went through prior to Memory Express boxing day sale start.
Ascend Y300 Owners thread (Unlock, Root and Debrand)
LG G2 Owners thread (Unlock, Root and Debrand)
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8556 posts
584 upvotes
GTA
Hmm... I figured I would just go and pick one of these up in store so I didn't bother ordering online (The samsung e450) but looks like FS, BB and The Source are all sold out online. And, not much in-store stock at The Source according to the online system.
Apr 15, 2006
192 posts
8 upvotes
How is the Polk IHT-3000 for $249 at FS?
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8556 posts
584 upvotes
GTA
Managed to find a Samsung unit at my local The Source. CUrious, what did other people get charged for the Environmental Handling Fee is anything? I got charged $7.80 which according to the chart I saw is for a "home theatre in a box". I don't know how a 1 speaker and one sub is a home theatre in a box! I feel ripped off as a consumer for stuff like this.

Curious if anyone has an opinion on which is better too... Samsung or LG... Before I thought I heard the LG was better but I don't recall where I saw that and maybe I just made it up in my head :)
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2005
1926 posts
144 upvotes
Madevilz wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 4:53 pm
Is this LG better than the E450?
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/lg- ... fad77ben02
No. Samsung E450 goes quite a bit louder ( bass & treble) and is usually $350 during most of the year. I've seen the LG on sale a few times for $200 this year. Either the Samsung HW-E450 for $200 or the Samsung HW-D550 for $300 are good buys this year. I've been reading alot of avsforums. Seems BB, FS, Source, LD, all have these one sale for the same price. These soundbars have at least 1 hdmi, 1 optical, 1 analog, usb, and wirelesss bluetooth. It's hard the find this combo and I think LG only is one of the few that matches it in terms of inputs but the LG didn't go very load at max volume in futureshop.

The main benefit of the E550 is bigger sub, can separate soundbar into 2 vertical bars, and 1 extra input over E450. Downfall of E550 is all the inputs are on the sub so your tv and components need to be near sub. The E450 has all the inputs on the soundbar so you can put your sub further away.
Audio & HT Enthusiast :cheesygri
Bose Secrets: Click HERE! :o
Zoom-Zoom! (MX-5 FTW!) :D
Canon Rebel XSI pics!

Canon 40D pics!
I started using the Mr. Sparkle avatar first! Others stole it from me. :lol:
Feb 10, 2009
429 posts
88 upvotes
wszeto28 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 1:27 pm
For those near Times Square (in Richmond Hill), the electronics store inside the mall "Golden Electronics" has the HW-E450 on sale for $189.99.

HDTV&Electronics just outside is willing to beat it. I purchased it for $180 + tax and no eco fee.
Since the E-450 is sold out almost everywhere I went to HDTV electronics and they offered it to me for $250. Told them the story about Golden Electronics but they where not interested to beat the price.
Went to Golden and got it for $189.99 (was the last one in the store - maybe more in the back).
Thank you for posting this deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2008
4730 posts
1025 upvotes
Montreal
soupnazi wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 10:04 pm
No. Samsung E450 goes quite a bit louder ( bass & treble) and is usually $350 during most of the year. I've seen the LG on sale a few times for $200 this year. Either the Samsung HW-E450 for $200 or the Samsung HW-D550 for $300 are good buys this year. I've been reading alot of avsforums. Seems BB, FS, Source, LD, all have these one sale for the same price. These soundbars have at least 1 hdmi, 1 optical, 1 analog, usb, and wirelesss bluetooth. It's hard the find this combo and I think LG only is one of the few that matches it in terms of inputs but the LG didn't go very load at max volume in futureshop.

The main benefit of the E550 is bigger sub, can separate soundbar into 2 vertical bars, and 1 extra input over E450. Downfall of E550 is all the inputs are on the sub so your tv and components need to be near sub. The E450 has all the inputs on the soundbar so you can put your sub further away.
I ended going with the Sony HT-CT260 at Brick's
http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/c ... navCount=0

Tell me I did good? :o lol
Apr 7, 2006
98 posts
7 upvotes
i'd recommend the samsung hwe450 if you have an ARC compatable panasonic tv. Don't get it if you have a samsung tv as it doesn't turn on and off with the tv.
Oct 7, 2003
236 posts
2 upvotes
Teioh wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 1:07 am
i'd recommend the samsung hwe450 if you have an ARC compatable panasonic tv. Don't get it if you have a samsung tv as it doesn't turn on and off with the tv.
damn..i was looking at this for my samsung tv...any other good soundbar deals?
Mar 3, 2007
537 posts
27 upvotes
Teioh wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 1:07 am
Technically it will. Through Toslink (Optical) it will turn on when you turn on the TV... albeit with a probably 8-10 second delay. And when you turn your TV off, the sound bar will auto shutoff after 20mins.
Oct 7, 2003
236 posts
2 upvotes
thematrix49 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 1:16 am
Technically it will. Through Toslink (Optical) it will turn on when you turn on the TV... albeit with a probably 8-10 second delay. And when you turn your TV off, the sound bar will auto shutoff after 20mins.
but if its set up through optical, i wont be able to control the volume through the tv remote?
× < >