• Oct 10th, 2017 2:29 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 3, 2015
908 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto

A good spot for baby shower.

Anyone know a good venue for a surprise baby shower possible close to Woodbridge Vaughan Thornhill area? I need a place where I can bring my own liquor and that's fair with price just for about 3 hours. Can be a condo hall or even a restaurant. Thanks.
11 replies
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
2406 posts
1510 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Liquor at a baby shower? LOL... what's next.. gun shooting?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7840 posts
2713 upvotes
Toronto
Somebody think of the children!!!!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Feb 3, 2015
908 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
It's going to be women in their 30s so we have to get some kind of sauce.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5029 posts
705 upvotes
JohnS821 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 12:41 am
It's going to be women in their 30s so we have to get some kind of sauce.
So, the purpose is to make this a regularly occurring event? :D
↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A, START

There are no apostrophes in plurals! "I have 1000 posts" = correct. "I have 1000 post's" = incorrect!
Could've, would've, should've. It's simple English, people!
Voila: French, meaning "There it is!" or "Look!" Viola: A medium-sized stringed instrument Wala: An island of Vanuatu.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9418 posts
1184 upvotes
Toronto
Condo's usually have party room. But you would have to know someone at that condo. Restaurant wise, I'm sure on a sunday, certain restaurants aren't that busy earlier in the day so would welcome your business. The probably won't allow the bring your own liquor as there are liability rules against that. Best bet is the condo party room.
Aug 10, 2004
391 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
try a community centre? some have breakout rooms / party rooms they rent out. I believe you can bring liquor to those
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2924 posts
208 upvotes
Kingston
Baby shower and alcohol don't mix, but hey it's not my baby shower. However from what I have seen at baby showers and birthdays is a "no alcohol" policy regardless of whether its an "women only" party or not. I have been to many of those events and never has alcohol been served
Aug 5, 2008
142 posts
87 upvotes
kcorscadden wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 1:57 pm
Baby shower and alcohol don't mix, but hey it's not my baby shower. However from what I have seen at baby showers and birthdays is a "no alcohol" policy regardless of whether its an "women only" party or not. I have been to many of those events and never has alcohol been served
I have been to some (more than one) baby showers and birthdays with alcohol. Maybe it's a cultural thing.
Dec 15, 2015
104 posts
41 upvotes
RH, ON
kcorscadden wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 1:57 pm
They are asking for a place to hold a shower, no need to pass judgement because YOU do not believe alcohol and babies don't mix. No one cares you've been to 100 showers without booze, this person wants that for their friends.

If it's going to be a smaller gathering, why not just hold at someones home? If its earlier in the day a lot of bars/pizza places have banquet rooms. May be tricky with your own drinks, however you may just need to cold call to get what you are after.