• Sep 22nd, 2014 10:47 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1521 posts
149 upvotes
Guelph
Guelph VW was the best for me. Pain free negotiations, car delivery was prompt, couldn't have been more satisfied with the experience as a whole.

Honestly, I can't recommend Orangeville VW. They always seem rushed, or just disinterested. I'm sure there are some fine staff their but they clearly didn't make it to me.
Nom nom nom.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2012
2319 posts
620 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
EEE2 wrote: The 401/dixie is really bad after purchase when it comes to service. The Adelaide vw in downtown hit my car when I took it in for oil change.
+1 on the bad after purchase at 401/dixie. It took them 3 months to reply to my e-mail, and this was after I also sent an e-mail to VW Canada and then numerous post on Twitter before finally getting their attention.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2166 posts
710 upvotes
daivey wrote: and dont be an idiot like me, get the nav/backup camera.
Don't beat yourself up just yet...

My gf just got a 2015 Golf with NAV, and let me tell you this. A $150 Garmin GPS unit works 200x better than that POS factory NAV. It's hard to read and POIs aren't as detailed and complete. The "keyboard" on the Garmin is also much more responsive. The only thing that's good about an in dash GPS is that it "looks" nice. Don't forget Garmin comes with lifetime map updates, but you gotta pay for maps every year or two for an in dash unit.
Feb 12, 2013
837 posts
96 upvotes
malecoke wrote: Don't beat yourself up just yet...

My gf just got a 2015 Golf with NAV, and let me tell you this. A $150 Garmin GPS unit works 200x better than that POS factory NAV. It's hard to read and POIs aren't as detailed and complete. The "keyboard" on the Garmin is also much more responsive. The only thing that's good about an in dash GPS is that it "looks" nice. Don't forget Garmin comes with lifetime map updates, but you gotta pay for maps every year or two for an in dash unit.
The nav on the new MK7s is utter crap.
Nov 5, 2006
382 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
I got so turned off from Pickering VW, which happens to be really close to my house, that I ended up getting a new Mazda 3 instead.

In hindsight, I wish I went to try Owasco as well, but the crumby sales experience at Pickering VW turned me completely off from the TDI I was looking to purchase.
Aug 5, 2010
419 posts
166 upvotes
contact Florin at easycardiscount - i purchased my golf wagon at Georgetown VW through him. Easiest transaction ever, and got about $1800 off MSRP.
Banned
Mar 4, 2010
209 posts
15 upvotes
Pfaff....the new location is nice and its not a complete dump like most of the other vw dealers in the GTA
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
malecoke wrote: Don't beat yourself up just yet...

well that makes me feel better lol. I still think the fender audio system would have been worth it, but oh well.
Jan 21, 2013
30 posts
2 upvotes
TORONTO
I'd recommend georgetown vw as well.
Feb 12, 2013
837 posts
96 upvotes
daivey wrote: well that makes me feel better lol. I still think the fender audio system would have been worth it, but oh well.
The Fender system is great. I'm quite happy with it!
Aug 7, 2010
406 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Hey TorontoTim,

Just purchased (and picked up this weekend) and 2015 Golf Comfortline + Multimedia + Convenience from Georgetown VW. Definately got more then 2.5% off MSRP - feel free to give me a shout if you want more details.

Thanks!
Andrew.
Banned
Sep 12, 2014
349 posts
48 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
andmunn wrote: Hey TorontoTim,

Just purchased (and picked up this weekend) and 2015 Golf Comfortline + Multimedia + Convenience from Georgetown VW. Definately got more then 2.5% off MSRP - feel free to give me a shout if you want more details.

Thanks!
Andrew.
isn't that very little discount ? 2.5% off msrp? shouldn't it be 2.5% above invoice?
Aug 7, 2010
406 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Hey GodRFD - agreed. I actually got mine just under 2.5% above invoice "all in" (no additional fee's + free monster mats).

Thought i did ok - and was happy to deal with Georgetown based apon recommendations from friends.

Andrew.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19152 posts
9080 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
E-mailed a couple in the GTA. A lot of them are refusing to give quotes over e-mail. Sadly for them, if they don't e-mail they won't get my business. I'm not going to waste gas money and time driving to all the dealerships to find the best price.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Oct 13, 2009
77 posts
11 upvotes
Oakville
anyone have anything to say about vw oakville? closest one to me

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)