• Dec 12th, 2014 4:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1600 posts
257 upvotes

Good Year Ultra Grip VS Sailun Blazer

Hi guys, I am in the market to buy winter tires for my mom's 2013 Toyota corolla. Her tire size is 195/65/R15. Now, this shop is selling brand new Good Yea Ultra Grip Winter and steel rims for $620 plus tax installed (balancing and everything). They also have these Sailun Blazer with steel rims for $560 installed (balancing and everything) i would like to know which is a better deal.. in terms of bang for your buck. I don't know how the Sailun are, so if anyone has any experience using them, please share. Also, how are the good year? i know you are paying more because of the brand, but are they better tires in general? thanks for your help.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11164 upvotes
As far as Chinese tires go, Sailun is a good name, and you will be fine with them. . However, $60 for Goodyear Ultra Grip? If the money doesn't matter, go for the Goodyear.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2002
1288 posts
324 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Gutty96 wrote: As far as Chinese tires go, Sailun is a good name, and you will be fine with them. . However, $60 for Goodyear Ultra Grip? If the money doesn't matter, go for the Goodyear.
Ditto. Word for word.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1600 posts
257 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: As far as Chinese tires go, Sailun is a good name, and you will be fine with them. . However, $60 for Goodyear Ultra Grip? If the money doesn't matter, go for the Goodyear.
thank you, i just needed confirmation. $60 is not an issue when it comes to my mother's safety. I just thought i would ask because the rep said yeah, it's just a brand difference, they both perform the same..

i will be going with the good year.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11164 upvotes
Nafizur wrote: thank you, i just needed confirmation. $60 is not an issue when it comes to my mother's safety. I just thought i would ask because the rep said yeah, it's just a brand difference, they both perform the same..

i will be going with the good year.
And you know what, he isn't lying. They likely do perform pretty much the same. Still, over $60, not worth it. Go with the name brand.

Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with Chinese tires (by reputable brands that is), I have a set of GTRadial winter tires on my car right now in that same size, but I paid $450 out the door. The next set up he had at that time, were BFG Winter Slaloms and Michelin xIce3, and they were both $650+. I wasn't doing $200 more at that time, and so far, I am very happy with these GTRadial tires.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)