104 upvotes

4 months of free Play Music again YMMV

Price:
Free
Expiry:
January 1, 2018
Retailer:
Google
If you've bought the Google Home on BF you might have offers in your GH app. Unsubscribe Subscribe Repeat.
Images
  • 20171204_044336.png
  • 20171204_044637.png
  • 20171204_044620.png
8 replies
Nov 6, 2013
184 posts
45 upvotes
Hampstead, QC
I'm currently on the regular 14-day trial after buying a GHM on Black Friday. Are you saying that if I unsubscribe, an offer might show up on my Home app? I don't want to lose the rest of my trial period on a misunderstanding...!
Jul 3, 2017
372 posts
205 upvotes
Diakonos wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:25 am
I'm currently on the regular 14-day trial after buying a GHM on Black Friday. Are you saying that if I unsubscribe, an offer might show up on my Home app? I don't want to lose the rest of my trial period on a misunderstanding...!
Google Home was supposed to come with a 3-month free trial offer. Didn't you get that?

Google Home Mini initially had the 3-month offer as well, but Google quickly changed it to 1 month free, I thought 1 month free was their standard offer to anyone who hasn't subscribed before?

In any case, I don't think you can just unsubscribe and re-subscribe. In most cases it seems to take a year before they reset your eligibility for free trial offers. You can use a different Google account to get a new trial though, and you are allowed to use the same credit card that you used to register a previous free trial on another account. Be sure to cancel immediately so you won't forget before your free trial runs out.

Having tried Spotify, Tidal and Google Play Music, I think Spotify is the best all round, Tidal HIFI has audibly the best streaming quality, but only if you pay $20/month for a HIFI subscription. I might actually consider keeping Google Play Music just because of the really convenient integration with Google Home. It's great being able to request any music by voice without grabbing the phone and flipping through a bunch of pages. But Spotify is supported in Google Home too, so I might have to go back and try that.
Mar 31, 2010
134 posts
6 upvotes
Bought mine during the black friday weekend. When I click on offers..says there are none? how are you getting it
[OP]
Jun 8, 2017
34 posts
104 upvotes
Exp315 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:25 am

In any case, I don't think you can just unsubscribe and re-subscribe. In most cases it seems to take a year before they reset your eligibility for free trial offers. You can use a different Google account to get a new trial though, and you are allowed to use the same credit card that you used to register a previous free trial on another account. Be sure to cancel immediately so you won't forget before your free trial runs out.
Take a look.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/175g12i8hy10j ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Last edited by Dealmenow82 on Dec 4th, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 3, 2017
372 posts
205 upvotes
What are we looking at? Multiple subscriptions in a row on the same account a few minutes apart? Did you unsubscribe in between? Does Google have something like a one-day period where unsubscribe/resubscribe doesn't count?

BTW, you were responding to my post, not Diakonos.
[OP]
Jun 8, 2017
34 posts
104 upvotes
Exp315 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:40 am
What are we looking at? Multiple subscriptions in a row on the same account a few minutes apart? Did you unsubscribe in between? Does Google have something like a one-day period where unsubscribe/resubscribe doesn't count?

BTW, you were responding to my post, not Diakonos.
Yeah. I guess they do.
Apr 23, 2016
88 posts
65 upvotes
Create a new Gmail account and you'll be eligible for the promo.