Price:
$799-$929
Savings:
17%-20%
Expiry:
February 2, 2019
Retailer:
Google.com
I haven't seen this posted to the best of my knowledge.

Fairly reasonable discount for a factory unlocked Pixel 3 or Pixel 3XL from Google's store. Here are the terms of the sale:
Save $200 on Pixel 3/3 XL. Promotion starts January 20, 2019 at 12am PT and ends February 2, 2019 at 11:59pm PT, while supplies last and subject to availability. Offer available only to Canadian residents aged 18 years or older with Canadian shipping addresses. Purchase must be made on Google Store Canada. Unless otherwise stated, this offer cannot be combined with other offers.
51 replies
Aug 2, 2007
360 posts
133 upvotes
Coquitlam
The discount pricing for this is like the pot sets they sell at The Bay; technically it's on sale but its pretty much regular price.
Jan 28, 2018
11 posts
9 upvotes
This would be a deal if they added an extra 2 gigs of ram lol
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1255 posts
570 upvotes
Surrey
Or about 400 bucks discount to match the S9 Christmas price
0 tolerance for BS.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1339 posts
1555 upvotes
simsimi1004 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 1:42 pm
The discount pricing for this is like the pot sets they sell at The Bay; technically it's on sale but its pretty much regular price.
That makes zero sense
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9928 posts
1340 upvotes
Toronto
fetty1738 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 2:01 pm
This would be a deal if they added an extra 2 gigs of ram lol
Get over it, I bought the Pixel 3 XL and received it Christmas Eve Day I think it was. Phone is amazing and I have no complaints at all.
Feb 22, 2017
97 posts
115 upvotes
toronto, ON
XtremeModder wrote:
Jan 25th, 2019 1:22 am
Get over it, I bought the Pixel 3 XL and received it Christmas Eve Day I think it was. Phone is amazing and I have no complaints at all.
I have the Pixel 3 as a work phone. I was excited to get it, but overall it's a pretty boring phone.
It struggles with games (yeah yeah, I play games on my work phone :D)
camera is kinda meh *Alright, got a lot of flak on this one. I had REALLY high expectations of the camera from the media coverage so when I finally got to try it, it wasn't as good as I had personally hoped
design is ok I guess
hate that there's no headphone jack
hate the lack of a physical home button (at least make the fingerprint reader tappable to home, or use the stupid squeeze function to go home)
squeeze is stupid
hate google assistant which manages to turn itself on even when turned off
after having had Samsung and LG phones for the last decade, I am FLABBERGASTED that you can't set the notification and ring tone volume separately - seriously WTF
No LED indicators at all which is kind of weird
battery life is not great, even with always on display disabled
no ability to expand memory with SD card
dislike how appley it all feels now - so many swipes to do things instead of menus and buttons, huge up-charge for extra memory, crazy price for phone overall (although prices are coming down drastically because it's obviously not worth the initial price).

Very glad I didn't pay for this phone myself!
Last edited by Kareth on Jan 25th, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 3, 2014
7 posts
2 upvotes
Gatineau
Since we're talking about the Pixel3, would anyone be so kind to help obtain the best deal for the Pixel2? Seems like the best time to get it now...
Feb 4, 2017
549 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
I am happy with my Pixel 3 that I have been using since early Dec. Love the camera and the size of the phone. I upgraded from the OG Pixel. The 4GB RAM matches that of the S9 so it's fine but yes I do think the XL should have received more RAM. I am seeing more reviewers recommend the Pixel 3 over the XL.

Check out this picture I took the other night using Night Sight (in a really dark environment). Not sure how anyone can say the camera is meh.
Images
  • IMG_20190123_184618.jpg
Apr 24, 2011
325 posts
94 upvotes
Scarborough
Kareth wrote:
Jan 25th, 2019 7:55 am
I have the Pixel 3 as a work phone. I was excited to get it, but overall it's a pretty boring phone.
camera is kinda meh
design is ok I guess
hate the lack of a physical home button (at least make the fingerprint reader tappable to home, or use the stupid squeeze function to go home)
squeeze is stupid
after having had Samsung and LG phones for the last decade, I am FLABBERGASTED that you can't set the notification and ring tone volume separately - seriously WTF
dislike how appley it all feels now - so many swipes to do things instead of menus and buttons, huge up-charge for extra memory, crazy price for phone overall (although prices are coming down drastically because it's obviously not worth the initial price).

Camera is meh? Are you taking pictures or videos? I thought the consensus is that (at least for pictures) the P3 camera is the best on the market right, by far, especially when it comes to night photos.

I'd love a Pixel but can't justify the price for the specs
Feb 22, 2017
97 posts
115 upvotes
toronto, ON
axis81 wrote:
Jan 25th, 2019 8:59 am
Camera is meh? Are you taking pictures or videos? I thought the consensus is that (at least for pictures) the P3 camera is the best on the market right, by far, especially when it comes to night photos.

I'd love a Pixel but can't justify the price for the specs
My comment about the camera is purely my opinion and yes, most seem to feel the camera is excellent so take it as you will. I just find that when I compare typical photos I took with my Samsung vs my Pixel, I like the Samsung better. Note that I rarely take phone pictures and look at them on anything other than my phone so maybe on a bigger screen they look a lot better. I haven't really tried the night photo mode. If I'm in the mood to take pictures, I tend to pull out my real camera. For me, the phone I'd really like is a flat screen galaxy s9 with a newer processor and without f*ing facebook installed (and NON-removable). I love the way the curved screen looks, but having owned the S7 Edge, it's actually a pain the a$$ not be able to get a decent screen protector, barely able to hold the phone without touching the screen, and always worrying about that stupid $300 screen getting scratched or cracked.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
4946 posts
1836 upvotes
Kareth wrote:
Jan 25th, 2019 7:55 am
camera is kinda meh
design is ok I guess
squeeze is stupid

Somebody is out to lunch Face With Tears Of Joy
Did you even bother instead of playing games set it up ? Black Question Mark Ornament
Feb 22, 2017
97 posts
115 upvotes
toronto, ON
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Jan 25th, 2019 9:17 am
Somebody is out to lunch Face With Tears Of Joy
Did you even bother instead of playing games set it up ? Black Question Mark Ornament
So you're saying there IS a physical home button? Where? I set up the fingerprint reader to do the swipe action which is the closest I can find to making it work the way I want it. That means, to get home, I have to 1) Swipe down in the little reader window 2) tap the home button 3) Probably tap again to actually get to the main home screen. To me, that's pretty annoying. I tried some of the apps to allow a tap to home but they break and stop working very quickly.

Also, I should have stated, I hate ALL assistants. Obviously that's a personal preference. My issue is that even though I disabled Google Assistant multiple times, it still somehow finds a way to pop up once in a while (probably some sequence of keys or swipes). Since I hate assistants, it pisses me off when it all of a sudden appears.

And yes, squeeze is another personal preference. Maybe you like it, but I'd much rather have a button than have to squeeze my phone. Since the functionality is there, I'd at least like to be able to map out what it does instead of only being able to use it for assistant.

Not sure what you're trying to say by highlighting the LED indicator comment. There aren't any on the phone. As I stated, the battery is kind of weak (I don't have the XL) so I keep the always on display off because I'd rather have a working phone than a pretty display.

And so what if I play games on my phone - that means nothing I say can be taken seriously? I'm not saying everyone has to agree with me, I'm just giving my own opinion.

<s>Thanks for your great feedback though </s>
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1339 posts
1555 upvotes
Did someone seriously say it's camera is meh? lol