P3 $750 /
Savings:
$250
Expiry:
March 3, 2019
Retailer:
Google.com
More offers from Google.com
Much better deal than the former buy one get one half off for the P3. Now you can buy it directly for 25% off. Unfortunately for the P3XL, the savings are less than before by $70. Formally it was -$570 if you bought the second one. However, the buy one get one half off is still ongoing until the 25th. Great deal for those who are interested in the P3 and don't want or need to buy a second one for the bundle discount.

P3 $999 - > $750
P3XL $1,129 - > $879
Images
  • upload.png
  • upload.png
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 24th, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited title
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
57 replies
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10140 posts
815 upvotes
Vancouver
Been looking for the pixel 3 128gb. Currently have original pixel XL.

Wondering if now is the time to pull the trigger or hold out for the 4, though. I am starting to find my XL getting noticeably sluggish which is not the greatest thing to see.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3073 posts
485 upvotes
Markham, ON
EDIT: This is actually better than the buy one get one half off for x2 P3. The bundle gives a $450 discount whereas this promotion gives a $500 if you buy two. It's cheaper by $50 and no minimum purchase like the other promotion.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • Screenshot_20190222-205439_Chrome.png
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
Nov 23, 2018
228 posts
191 upvotes
Wait for Pixel 4. Pixel 3 is not worth it, stick with Pixel 1 until 4 is here.
Feb 4, 2019
49 posts
32 upvotes
BRKAMZN wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 10:45 pm
Wait for Pixel 4. Pixel 3 is not worth it, stick with Pixel 1 until 4 is here.
Or the OP can buy the 3 when the 4 gets announced/released as it will be further discounted. Either way, I'd wait. If the OP is with Koodo, the Pixel 3 is $610 on the medium or small tab (YMMV).

I currently own the 2XL but I dropped it on concrete and put a good crack in the screen so I'm waiting impatiently for the 4XL. I'm hoping for less notch, more ram, more standard memory and hopefully a super wide lens on the back. I love Google's camera but a super wide lens would be awesome.
Feb 25, 2015
667 posts
526 upvotes
NB
I just ordered P3 from Koodo on Tab L. $430 + tax all said and done. Call loyalty and ask for hardware credit nicely.
"The things you own end up owning you..." (c)
Jan 27, 2019
27 posts
52 upvotes
Kingston
Pixel 3 /XL Lite will coming soon.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
12045 posts
1914 upvotes
London
I'm probably going to catch shit for this, but don't waste the money.

You can order a Mi 9 for less than this and get a current phone with much better hardware

Unless you need totally stock android the mi 8 is also a better phone and is half the price
Jan 28, 2014
521 posts
165 upvotes
I was looking at the mi9 but the Redmi looks appealing as well for people who may not be power users.

I may just wait for the pixel 4 because I don't want the notch.
Sep 22, 2010
163 posts
107 upvotes
Langley
I'm looking for some advice from the good people here. The P3 at this price or the OnePlus 6T. Most of the reviews and comparisons have the OnePlus 6T ahead, but price seems to be a large factor. Considering this price drop, would that make any difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6094 posts
443 upvotes
TO
Viper98 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 11:51 pm
I'm probably going to catch shit for this, but don't waste the money.

You can order a Mi 9 for less than this and get a current phone with much better hardware

Unless you need totally stock android the mi 8 is also a better phone and is half the price
What's a reliable place to buy mi8 or one plus phones outright. No Kijiji or Ebay though.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)
Feb 4, 2019
49 posts
32 upvotes
LFRFD wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2019 12:08 am
I'm looking for some advice from the good people here. The P3 at this price or the OnePlus 6T. Most of the reviews and comparisons have the OnePlus 6T ahead, but price seems to be a large factor. Considering this price drop, would that make any difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
Things in Pixel's favour: camera, 3 years of updates, IP rating, wireless charging, front facing speakers, unlimited storage on Google photos for 3 years.

Things in 6T's favour: design, battery life, bigger screen, more RAM, bigger hard drive on entry level.

Both have good displays and both have great software (OxygenOS is generally viewed as the best android Software outside of stock/pixel).
Fingerprint sensors are different. The Pixel 3's is on the back and works great. The 6T has it under the display but it's reportedly a touch wonky - however, a lot of tech reviewers just use face unlock which is super quick if not super secure.

Both are great phones so you have to figure out what's important to you.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1145 posts
282 upvotes
AGTOM83 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 11:07 pm
Or the OP can buy the 3 when the 4 gets announced/released as it will be further discounted. Either way, I'd wait. If the OP is with Koodo, the Pixel 3 is $610 on the medium or small tab (YMMV).

I currently own the 2XL but I dropped it on concrete and put a good crack in the screen so I'm waiting impatiently for the 4XL. I'm hoping for less notch, more ram, more standard memory and hopefully a super wide lens on the back. I love Google's camera but a super wide lens would be awesome.
Don't bother, wait for the 5, it'll be much better. Although I hear the 6 will be even better, decisions, decisions.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1139 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
AGTOM83 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2019 1:10 am
Things in Pixel's favour: camera, 3 years of updates, IP rating, wireless charging, front facing speakers, unlimited storage on Google photos for 3 years.

Things in 6T's favour: design, battery life, bigger screen, more RAM, bigger hard drive on entry level.

Both have good displays and both have great software (OxygenOS is generally viewed as the best android Software outside of stock/pixel).
Fingerprint sensors are different. The Pixel 3's is on the back and works great. The 6T has it under the display but it's reportedly a touch wonky - however, a lot of tech reviewers just use face unlock which is super quick if not super secure.

Both are great phones so you have to figure out what's important to you.
Great summary. I own the pixel 3 and have been looking it. Battery life isn't the greatest but I'm also coming from an iPhone 6s Plus. My main reason for buying the pixel 3 was the camera and night sight. It hasn't disappointed me one bit!

Determine what your most important criteria is and choose based on that. Camera was mine as that's one of the differentiators I was looking for.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)