Expired Hot Deals

[Google.com] Google Store: Pre-Order the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL Now + Get a FREE Pixel Stand AND 6 Months of YouTube Music Premium

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2019 1:06 pm
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15126 posts
1828 upvotes
Oshawa
calling all humans wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 3:04 pm
Are people really into ugly, expensive phones though? I mean these are really ugly. No? On top of that, Apple can justify get away with some premium pricing. Android? Not so much.
Ftfy
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1577 posts
794 upvotes
Vancouver
Redsanta wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 7:38 pm
Whats ur expected delivery date?
Mines Nov 8 or 9
Oct 4, 2007
576 posts
106 upvotes
Watched the press conference just now, and... holy shit the presentation on the Pixel 3 was horrendous.
Did Google hire two co-ops or temps to do their flagship phone reveal?
Mar 17, 2015
255 posts
334 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
evanwier wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 8:23 pm
But, the Pixel 3 is only 9mm wider and 20mm taller, .3mm thicker. They aren't much different in footprint.
On paper it truly doesn't seem like much. Grabbed wife's Pixel2 (comparable to 3) to physically see. Width difference of 9mm is still huge when in a hand or a pocket. Acceptable to many but not all. Personally, length doesn't matter to me, weight slightly more yet width is always a deal breaker. Glad some are happy with deal though.
Smile at strangers... joy is easier to spread than misery (unless the stranger offers you candy, then run like hell!).
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17598 posts
1698 upvotes
Woodbridge
Aryanos wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 6:57 pm
Pixel phone resell value is garbage as you'll be lucky to get even half the cost back. Will wait till next year to see if it has better features.
I was surprised and one of the reasons why I will never buy another Pixel. I mean my Huawei P10+ had a poor resale too but didn't cost as much and offered more features just like the P20 Pro.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Nov 23, 2017
997 posts
1966 upvotes
Didn't get to see the press conference, but saw some of the features. Looks good, call screening especially.
I am currently using a Pixel 2 XL, and I think that the Pixel 3 is finally getting some cool features that I would consider standard for a 2018 flagship.
Not sure if this is worth an upgrade for me, but I think this is the phone that the first two pixels should have been.

I feel like if they threw in pixel buds instead of the wireless charging stand, this might have been a killer deal. But wireless charging is kind of lame, I much rather charge my phone for an hour by cable than 3 hours+ on a charging pad (except when I go to sleep). Note: I also use more than one phone so I charge phones every other day.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6051 posts
728 upvotes
Mississauga
yangxu wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 10:58 pm
Watched the press conference just now, and... holy shit the presentation on the Pixel 3 was horrendous.
Did Google hire two co-ops or temps to do their flagship phone reveal?
lol i was thinking same thing at first, but i think google strategically wanted to show some "diversity" with their presenters, a complete opposite to apple who always trots out the same old gang (complete with jony ive voiceover) every year
Jul 25, 2010
504 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm sad to see Google unnecessarily increasing prices just to follow Apple's overpricing methodology.
It's a good phone, but wow $1k makes no sense. And neither does $109 for a wireless charging stand.

Regarding the notch.. I think Google was just trying to make it look like an Android's face. Accomplished.

When the Pixel 2 came out, I was hoping for the Pixel 2 XL bezels but in a 5" form factor, which I guess the Pixel 3 is pretty close to now, so am tempted to get that.

Just noticed the white Pixel 3 has a mint colored power button. Interesting. But then that feels like a novelty that wears away after 5min. Why couldn't they just make the colors normal, not to mention solid and darker. Just trying to be different is not a good reason. They should be more like Motorola where you can customize the colors as well as patterns/textures of every part of the phone... now that would be something special.

In the past, new Pixels and Nexus' ran out of stock pretty quick. Pretty clear there isn't much movement on them now, so expect $100-200 discounts pretty soon like what happened with the Pixel 2.
Apr 27, 2014
996 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DrAcX wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 11:34 pm
I'm sad to see Google unnecessarily increasing prices just to follow Apple's overpricing methodology.
It's a good phone, but wow $1k makes no sense. And neither does $109 for a wireless charging stand.

Regarding the notch.. I think Google was just trying to make it look like an Android's face. Accomplished.

When the Pixel 2 came out, I was hoping for the Pixel 2 XL bezels but in a 5" form factor, which I guess the Pixel 3 is pretty close to now, so am tempted to get that.

Just noticed the white Pixel 3 has a mint colored power button. Interesting. But then that feels like a novelty that wears away after 5min. Why couldn't they just make the colors normal, not to mention solid and darker. Just trying to be different is not a good reason. They should be more like Motorola where you can customize the colors as well as patterns/textures of every part of the phone... now that would be something special.

In the past, new Pixels and Nexus' ran out of stock pretty quick. Pretty clear there isn't much movement on them now, so expect $100-200 discounts pretty soon like what happened with the Pixel 2.
Yeah they definitely love to screw their fanboys, charging 1000+ for the first couple of months then dropping their price drastically after that. I don't understand their logic, they're trying charge like apple with customers who don't want to pay the apple tax. The difference is that apple fans are loyal where as android users have a choice.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1577 posts
794 upvotes
Vancouver
alkaint wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 11:42 pm
Yeah they definitely love to screw their fanboys, charging 1000+ for the first couple of months then dropping their price drastically after that. I don't understand their logic, they're trying charge like apple with customers who don't want to pay the apple tax. The difference is that apple fans are loyal where as android users have a choice.
If I recall all the articles from around when the Pixel OG was announced, Nexus was cheap and techies knew and loved it, but your average person didn't know about it, so it never caught on. (Seriously, how many of us got a "What is that phone? Nexus? never heard of it.") Pixel is supposed to be premium and priced accordingly. I guess all the firms with their data show that when you increase the price, the people talk about the product and buy it. I mean, everyone and their dog wants premium stuff (except techies), so apparently that's what's important.

So to everyone who says "doesn't make sense" unfortunately, the numbers make sense.
Apr 27, 2014
996 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sypsy wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 11:51 pm
If I recall all the articles from around when the Pixel OG was announced, Nexus was cheap and techies knew and loved it, but your average person didn't know about it, so it never caught on. (Seriously, how many of us got a "What is that phone? Nexus? never heard of it.") Pixel is supposed to be premium and priced accordingly. I guess all the firms with their data show that when you increase the price, the people talk about the product and buy it. I mean, everyone and their dog wants premium stuff (except techies), so apparently that's what's important.

So to everyone who says "doesn't make sense" unfortunately, the numbers make sense.
Yeah people buy it but people buy cheaper too just look at xiaomi. I don't even think the pixels sell that much most people still don't know about it, their marketing really sucks compared to apple so now you have a product that doesn't sell well because no one knows about it and because it's too damn expensive. It'll drop in price within a few months unlike apple sruff but it definitely leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Next phone is probably a Poco phone
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6691 posts
1254 upvotes
Mont-Royal
I am a Google fan and I'm disappointed.

I guess s10 is better.

I don't support apple, but every year google sucks so bad in the design category.

My pixel 2xl has a right ear talking problem.
Last edited by L4cky on Oct 11th, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Sep 7, 2014
372 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
User381785 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 11:56 pm
Your link clearly says three years, from 2018.

And this is similar support to every phone ever been in the market
How is this true for Samsung phones? This is whats holding me off Samsung. They leave users behind with updates.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4383 posts
1137 upvotes
Ottawa
The ugliest phone in the world, period.