Expired Hot Deals

[Google.com] Google Store: Pre-Order the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL Now + Get a FREE Pixel Stand AND 6 Months of YouTube Music Premium

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2019 1:06 pm
Mar 25, 2013
376 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
BengaliPrince wrote: I got the other one, which is completely clear glass. I personally don't like the black strip ones because if you don't apply it 100% perfectly or they didn't design it properly you lose a little screen real-estate.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07HQ77CK ... p_mb_pd_t2

Edit: phone just arrived. Fastest I ever recieved a Pixel. Ordered Tuesday and it's here Friday
nice let us know how the screen protector is. That one looks similar to the one I want to get for the 3 XL where it is completely clear and doesn't curve with the device.
DroidKid
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1822 posts
1317 upvotes
Toronto
droidkid wrote: nice let us know how the screen protector is. That one looks similar to the one I want to get for the 3 XL where it is completely clear and doesn't curve with the device.
No air bubbles, cut pretty well. The first one had problems with the adhesive but the second one was perfect.

I like my spigen tempered glass screen protectors from my pixel 1 and 2 more but this is pretty good

If spigen releases one for the pixel 3 I'll pick one up down the road.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
2519 posts
569 upvotes
Montreal
Just to let everyone know something about recording in 1080P.

If you press on the icon 30 on the top, it will of course record 1080P in 30FPS.
What bothers me the most is the option for 60 FPS. There is no way to force it to record in 60FPS.
The only other option is to select AUTO on the top. That mode will record in 1080P 60FPS only if there is enought light.
There is no way to force it.
I was doing some testing and all my videos were shooting in 30FPS regardless of choosing Auto mode.
This is a major downer for me.....
Hope a software update will adress that issue... Cant beleive a 1k$ phone cant record 1080P 60 on demand....
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 2S |
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6938 posts
525 upvotes
Richmond Hill
droidkid wrote: Perfect that's the one I want to get. Mine fits perfectly and looks great but because mine is the curved glass one only the edges have adhesive and stick to the screen. I have to press hard to register touches.

Please let me know how it is.
It's not the best fit. The edges don't completely adhere to the screen unfortunately. There are two in one pack but I'm hesitant to give the 2nd one a try in case it ends up the same. I think I'm just going to use it in the meantime.
Jul 29, 2011
198 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Just picked up my Pixel 3 last night, and I have to say I think I lucked out, not noticing any issues with my device, no tint, speaker sounds fine too! Now if only I can find a screen protector that fits perfectly aha.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1761 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
64 black phone and stand received from oct 20 order.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1761 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
what's the best case for the xl? need one asap
Oct 30, 2018
31 posts
4 upvotes
chowder wrote: thanks. did you do any tempered glass on it?
Nope just the case, but I'm apparently a rebel walking around with no screen protector
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6942 posts
1681 upvotes
T dot 6
I had the phone since Friday and I havent any of the reported issues (apps like Spotify closing due to bad memory management, bad mic, sim undetected). <knock on wood>

The main reason I got this phone was for the camera and it is amazing. Low light shots are incredible for a phone.

Got the Spigen Rugged Armor case. I had one for my Nexus 6p and it was great so I got the Pixel 3 version and its also great.

https://www.amazon.ca/Spigen-Rugged-Res ... dpSrc=srch
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1652 posts
498 upvotes
Woodbridge
Does anyone know if I pre-ordered my pixel 3 with a corporate Bell plan if I'm still eligible for a pixel stand?
Jul 20, 2003
218 posts
35 upvotes
My delivery has been delayed by a week because of that stupid strike. Original Canada Post tracking ETA Oct 31, each day the ETA just gets pushed back by one more day, day after day, now the estimated delivery date is Nov 7, and tracking system still shows "Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption", Location: Canada, Delivery status: check delivery progress..... I'm in Ottawa btw.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1093 posts
155 upvotes
GTA
victorinoxs wrote: My delivery has been delayed by a week because of that stupid strike. Original Canada Post tracking ETA Oct 31, each day the ETA just gets pushed back by one more day, day after day, now the estimated delivery date is Nov 7, and tracking system still shows "Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption", Location: Canada, Delivery status: check delivery progress..... I'm in Ottawa btw.
I have something in the mail for delivery as well (not pixel 3 unfortunately). It was showing ETA Nov 5 or so...like yours pushed back a day at a time. However, this morning it was showing Nov 9th and now it's Nov 13th.