Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Google.com

Toronto - Free cookies + Google Home giveaways at Eaton Centre. Until Nov 29

Mar 21, 2018
144 posts
212 upvotes
I heard the odds are like 1 in 10 to 1 in 20, depending on how busy it is.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto
peachbl00m wrote: I heard the odds are like 1 in 10 to 1 in 20, depending on how busy it is.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
Cookies are now blue
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
Cookies are now green
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
stararie wrote: Anyone know how long the line is today?
It was super long according to my friends who went

Aug 27, 2012
592 posts
1172 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Pochacco wrote: It was super long according to my friends who went

Does the line move quick? Like will I have enough time to go during lunch?
Jul 29, 2008
30 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
i won on the 4th try. Waited about 45 minutes each time. Last year was handled better. There had more groups of people in at a time. this time it's only 4 people (or a group of you, but then only one of you gets a box) cuz the train can only hold 4 boxes.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
cmelchor wrote: i won on the 4th try. Waited about 45 minutes each time. Last year was handled better. There had more groups of people in at a time. this time it's only 4 people (or a group of you, but then only one of you gets a box) cuz the train can only hold 4 boxes.
Congrats

I tried a few times and I didn't win .

Mar 21, 2018
144 posts
212 upvotes
I went just now and the line was quicker than usual. About 1/2 hour wait. They let in 8 people as a group and let you roam around the stations, rather than have a Google person there at each one. But that might be because some were on lunch break...?
May 29, 2006
271 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
I asked the guy and they give away 5 per hour
Nov 22, 2010
5 posts
vancouver
orighammer wrote: I asked the guy and they give away 5 per hour
hmm..I asked a guy and he said 3 per hour Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1615 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto
I tried twice so far. Both times with partner. All cookies :'(
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Jun 23, 2015
41 posts
19 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Went today around 11:30 and the line up took around 15 minutes. We went in groups of 8 and noticed everyone was just waiting for them to put out the boxes lol. A worker brought in ~8, but since there were people remaining from the previous group, I had to wait. The people in my group that got it first had no choice, but since I got mine after the mob left I ended up choosing one myself and won one! There were a few people behind me that also won. Thanks OP :)
Jul 29, 2008
30 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Here's a tip....If you see any of the Google people handling boxes..watch them carefully. You can see if the box has any weight to it. Unlike last year where it's just a gift certificate to redeem at Best Buy in the box. They actually have the Home Mini inside the box. That's how I won. The train came out and one was crooked. The girl fixed it and I could tell it was heavier, so i picked it. Good luck!! :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7972 posts
9093 upvotes
Toronto
cmelchor wrote: Here's a tip....If you see any of the Google people handling boxes..watch them carefully. You can see if the box has any weight to it. Unlike last year where it's just a gift certificate to redeem at Best Buy in the box. They actually have the Home Mini inside the box. That's how I won. The train came out and one was crooked. The girl fixed it and I could tell it was heavier, so i picked it. Good luck!! :)
Last year they were also putting the Google Home Minis inside of the boxes... if you didn't win it, you would have found a certificate for 20% off the price of one
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Jul 29, 2008
30 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
roblombardi wrote: Last year they were also putting the Google Home Minis inside of the boxes... if you didn't win it, you would have found a certificate for 20% off the price of one
I won last year too, but they were not in the boxes. They had a certificate to redeem for a free one at Best Buy,or the discount. Unless they changed it closer to the end of the event.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7972 posts
9093 upvotes
Toronto
cmelchor wrote: I won last year too, but they were not in the boxes. They had a certificate to redeem for a free one at Best Buy,or the discount. Unless they changed it closer to the end of the event.
Weird... mind you, I got it early on the first day, so maybe they changed their logistics during the event period
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)