• Jun 27th, 2018 1:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1765 posts
186 upvotes
Oakville, ON

Google Drive TSX

Starting yesterday, google drive is unable to pull in info from the TSX. It's working for other exchanges.

Is this happening to anyone else?
10 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1765 posts
186 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Looks like it's not accepting SU.TO anymore. Now has to be TSE:SU.
Dec 24, 2006
449 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver
Have encountered that over the past few years (can't remember exact stock/ETF though)... had a heart attack when I opened my tracking sheet and thought I had lost crapload of money only to find that it was just not able to pull the current price and thus decreasing the market value haha. Have learned since to always put TSE: in front of the Canadian-listed securities then don't have to worry about it... a bit annoying yes but understandable given Google is mainly focused on US. But interesting to note that it doesn't seem to have a pattern or reason for how all of a sudden Google Sheets won't pull that particular stock/ETF.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1189 posts
332 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Same here. But the tip about trying "TSE:ticker" helped for a few.
Aug 17, 2011
120 posts
45 upvotes
TORONTO
My TD e-series funds stopped updating on my google sheet...so friggin annoying.
Whatever genius decided to make google finance unusable has hopefully been flogged and fired...and then flogged again.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1056 posts
580 upvotes
North York
I feel like there are financial reasons behind crapping up Google finance on purpose. Anyways I've moved over to yahoo finance. Ain't as good but hopefully enough people follow suit to make Google open their eyes.
Mar 28, 2008
2 posts
Toronto
Adding "TSE:" as a prefix worked for my TSE stocks with google docs. Does anyone know the code for those stocks that are on the venture exchange? Those are still not resolving for me with Google Finance since their "change" this week.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2007
4650 posts
1440 upvotes
Scarborough
explorer416 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2018 1:17 am
Adding "TSE:" as a prefix worked for my TSE stocks with google docs. Does anyone know the code for those stocks that are on the venture exchange? Those are still not resolving for me with Google Finance since their "change" this week.
Try putting "CVE:" as the prefix.
Mar 28, 2008
2 posts
Toronto
ASharp wrote:
Jun 24th, 2018 10:34 pm
Try putting "CVE:" as the prefix.
This worked. Thank you, kind sir/madam. :)
Nov 4, 2012
342 posts
41 upvotes
Burnaby
Guncho wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 10:58 am
Looks like it's not accepting SU.TO anymore. Now has to be TSE:SU.
looks like TSE:SU works But i noticed it doesn't give the right price. e.g.: TSE:GIL
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1765 posts
186 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I think it's just the time delay. It will eventually show the correct price.

One thing I can no longer get to work is TD ETF's like TDB903.

Used to work.