Hot Deals

[Google Express] Insignia Voice Smart Speaker w/Google Assistant Built-In - $19.99 / $23.99 - BIG YMMV - 85% off

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2018 4:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1116 posts
1026 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

Insignia Voice Smart Speaker w/Google Assistant Built-In - $19.99 / $23.99 - BIG YMMV - 85% off

Deal Link:
Price:
$29.99
Savings:
85%
Retailer:
Google Express
The insignia Voice smart speaker is on sale AGAIN at BestBuy (US) for $19.99 $24.99 for the wired version (always connected to the power and similar in size to the Google Home) and $24.99 $29.99 for the larger portable version.

If you download the Google Express app via APK you can use coupon HOLIDAYSAVE3X to bring the cost down to $14.99 $19.99 (20% off to maximum $20 off) and $17.50 $23.99 for the larger portable model.

Updated post to reflect new price/discount

BIG YMMV - >> BestBuy and GoogleExpress only ship within the US. BB does NOT ship to forwarders (CBI, CrossBorderPickups, etc.), Google Express does ship to forwarders.

Review of Insignia Speaker:

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/insignia-voice-review/
Last edited by remik on Nov 8th, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
174 replies
Nov 19, 2015
536 posts
500 upvotes
fergus
I think this may be on sale for today only, so for anyone thinking about it, you may want to purchase today.
May 12, 2016
53 posts
29 upvotes
GTA
Have one of this. Works good, can't complain.
Jun 1, 2011
442 posts
63 upvotes
Ajax
Thanks OP, ordered one with 25% off. I had never used the Google Express app before. Wanted to try this for a while. Shipped it TO a US address
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1116 posts
1026 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
chinesedevil wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 7:15 am
US Only?
yes, hence the BIG YMMV, so it is possible to get it here via an AmeriFriend or Yankee family member if you got one
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1979 posts
225 upvotes
Thanks, ordered to an Amerifriend. Came to just over $17USD with shipping and taxes using code 'FALLSAVINGS'
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1116 posts
1026 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
As the review on CNET mentions, it is better than the GH mini, not as good as the full Google Home (not as good Bass, and far reaching mics arent as good), but I think when it comes to deciding whether to get 1 Google Home or 7 of these, as the great philosopher of our time once said...
"it's a no brainer" - J.Bieber :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2005
1189 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Thx OP...my parents are in the states this weekend, so it might work out!

Can you do in-store pickup through the Google express app, or do i need to order through Bestbuy.com?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1116 posts
1026 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
mike_leafs13 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 7:54 am

Can you do in-store pickup through the Google express app, or do i need to order through Bestbuy.com?
Hey, unfortunately GE orders can only be shipped, think of it as an Amazon alternative. If you want in-store pickup you'll need to order via BestBuy. (Be sure to use the Houston billing address found in the FAQs if using a non-US credit card)
May 13, 2010
160 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
You can also pick these up in the BestBuy stores but it will cost you a few bucks more. They go on sale regularly for $25 U.S.
Aug 21, 2011
567 posts
244 upvotes
Whitby
mike_leafs13 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 7:54 am

Express doesn't have ISPU.

This is a good speaker, the latest update even allows it to be used as a stereo pair if you have two just like Google Max. Even the regular Google Home doesn't have this.
Koodo Mobile | Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4403 posts
557 upvotes
Montreal
It's possible to set up speaker groups but I never heard that they can be used as stereo speakers. Speaker groups are a standard feature with Google Home speakers since Day 1.
What do you have to do to set the Insignias up as stereo speakers?

Do you use the Google Home app?
Phils
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3315 posts
593 upvotes
Just a heads up in case you expect it on time.
I ordered this about a week ago when there was the same sale price but got a delayed delivery message from bestbuy. I can't get it as I won't be in the US at the new time and date and will have to cancel.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.