Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6990 upvotes
GTA

Google+ Hangout Alerts

Has anyone used Hangout on Google+ often?

I've used it a few times and it works great, but I keep missing the hangouts that friends invite me to, I get the alert on my phone, but by the time I try to join, it had already finished, and I get no alerts when I'm on a computer. I did a google search but I haven't found anything helpful.
1 reply
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1128 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto, On
coriolis wrote: Has anyone used Hangout on Google+ often?

I've used it a few times and it works great, but I keep missing the hangouts that friends invite me to, I get the alert on my phone, but by the time I try to join, it had already finished, and I get no alerts when I'm on a computer. I did a google search but I haven't found anything helpful.

look for a chrome extension called 'hangout canopy'

my connection and computer are all messed up so i haven't been able to get hangout working right from a "can you hear me" point of view but the extension does give you a list of every public hangout at all times. It's amusing to find someone who doesn't understand "public hangout" and tell them I've cracked google. Anywhere there are a few hangouts that pop up frequently from the nearly always up "Hangout Show" to the Friday night hangouts and such.