Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Google home mini

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2017 1:45 am
Apr 9, 2009
543 posts
640 upvotes
Calgary
to be honest, Google better step up their game if they want to try to Rival with Amazon.

Seriously Google home is sold everywhere and yet they still have issues with stock. Meanwhile the Amazon echo is only sold on Amazon and they don't have issues with stock.

Also because of availability, I wasn't able to get my hands on a google home and now the Google home has shot up in price.

Seriously Google smarten up, this shit is starting to be a tutnoff
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5768 posts
3612 upvotes
Phlav wrote: to be honest, Google better step up their game if they want to try to Rival with Amazon.

Seriously Google home is sold everywhere and yet they still have issues with stock. Meanwhile the Amazon echo is only sold on Amazon and they don't have issues with stock.

Also because of availability, I wasn't able to get my hands on a google home and now the Google home has shot up in price.

There is still plenty of stock around. For example I went to a Telus store and they had tons.

What google really needs to get their act together on is their technical support. It’s horrendous.
Dec 7, 2016
218 posts
169 upvotes
QC
Exp315 wrote: My experience has generally been that the music comes out louder than the Assistant voice, but that's probably a volume normalization issue with the source rather than something that GH does.

A couple of things that can affect the music volume:
- If you are casting music from GH to a separate Chromecast receiver, any volume up/down commands you issue affect the Chromecast, not the GH
- If you have Night mode enabled in the GH settings, it may automatically lower and raise volume at certain times.
Hey, thanks for the reply! So yeah, my problem really is the other way around: min volume for the voice is way too high while the music sounds fine. I can't have that in the bedroom when the mini will reply out loud to anything you ask (like even setting a timer) so I think I'll have to return it. I googled around and couldn't find anyone with the same problem, thought I might try here.

Thanks again!
May 26, 2017
9 posts
4 upvotes
Amazon echo is sold at bed bath and beyond. Plenty of stock.
Sep 6, 2009
704 posts
310 upvotes
Has anyone gotten voice match set up successfully through home on Samsung or LG phones? The voice match setup keep on getting stuck with the message "Please Wait..." on my LG V20. There have been a lot of reports on google forum.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Phlav wrote: to be honest, Google better step up their game if they want to try to Rival with Amazon.

Not sure where that logic is coming from... even on BF, you could get it anywhere, everyone had it on sale, all online sites had it in stock... and actual B&M stores had it the next day.
Of course Amazon is going to have stock, not sold at as many retailers, price is higher, and having used both now, I find Google Home more user friendly. That's just my opinion.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2369 posts
568 upvotes
York
fdl wrote: There is still plenty of stock around. For example I went to a Telus store and they had tons.

What google really needs to get their act together on is their technical support. It’s horrendous.
Same here, called a ton of places today as we needed another one for a gift and everyone was sold out except for Telus. They had tons apparently too.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1581 posts
858 upvotes
Edmonton
The Destroyer wrote: Same here, called a ton of places today as we needed another one for a gift and everyone was sold out except for Telus. They had tons apparently too.
But like with anything, scarcity just fuels more demand. Was just in the states and they're available everywhere in ridiculous quantities @ $29us and they're not flying off the shelves. Its a circular effect here where demand ends up fuelling more demand.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2369 posts
568 upvotes
York
canque2009 wrote: Available online : store google
https://store.google.com/config/google_home_mini

Best Buy:
https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/goog ... k/11615335

You can PM with B.B. as google online store have less price.
From Google it says does not ship for 4-5 weeks though.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1581 posts
858 upvotes
Edmonton
Not in stock so good luck PMing that with BB just to get the regular 39 sale price
Mar 13, 2005
743 posts
50 upvotes
Stoney creek
Best Buy would not price match with google for me. They had in stock at staples and while he took 21 min to “try to check” it sold out so he wouldn’t do it for me . Then i told him to cancel my order and i would Buy it at Google he couldn’t as it had gone to processing stage in that amount of time he had wasted online. So the rep tells me that i can just return it- what the heck!!!
Jan 5, 2007
321 posts
1043 upvotes
North York
jgmaull wrote: Best Buy would not price match with google for me. They had in stock at staples and while he took 21 min to “try to check” it sold out so he wouldn’t do it for me . Then i told him to cancel my order and i would Buy it at Google he couldn’t as it had gone to processing stage in that amount of time he had wasted online. So the rep tells me that i can just return it- what the heck!!!
Best Buy has the absolute worst online cancelling system.
Apr 9, 2009
543 posts
640 upvotes
Calgary
jackass_ca wrote: Not sure where that logic is coming from... even on BF, you could get it anywhere, everyone had it on sale, all online sites had it in stock... and actual B&M stores had it the next day.
Of course Amazon is going to have stock, not sold at as many retailers, price is higher, and having used both now, I find Google Home more user friendly. That's just my opinion.
I'm talking about the home not the mini. I'll admit i was late to the party in trying to obtain a google home. I was searching for one about 5-6 days away from the sale ending and pretty much almost every retailer that carried the Google home had no stock.

I think the only place that apparently had stock at that time was telus which I was not aware of.

And now it's too late to get the home at the sale. Even if you were to try to find one right now it's pretty much still out of stock of most places.

I just think it is a huge blunder on Google for one to end the sale so early before Christmas and 2,they could not meet the demand for this product.

Their feud with Amazon is highly publicized and they couldn't keep up with them.

Just my opinion that's all, just bitter I couldn't get one for the sale price l
Oct 2, 2013
832 posts
205 upvotes
Phlav wrote: I'm talking about the home not the mini. I'll admit i was late to the party in trying to obtain a google home. I was searching for one about 5-6 days away from the sale ending and pretty much almost every retailer that carried the Google home had no stock.

I think the only place that apparently had stock at that time was telus which I was not aware of.

And now it's too late to get the home at the sale. Even if you were to try to find one right now it's pretty much still out of stock of most places.

I just think it is a huge blunder on Google for one to end the sale so early before Christmas and 2,they could not meet the demand for this product.

Their feud with Amazon is highly publicized and they couldn't keep up with them.

can't remember where I read in RFD that now you buy a GH from Staple and can get a Chromecast? for a total of 149 + tax, that's still not a bad deal.
but as I replied in the SDM google home mini thread, if you just start in the smart speaker/HA thing, just grab google home mini
1st because it's still on sale, and 2nd for the current price of a GH, you can get about 5 GH mini, there isn't anything that GH can but GH mini can't
so if you are into HA, those 5 GH mini can give you a better coverage around the house, you don't need to increase your voice every time you need to talk to Google.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5768 posts
3612 upvotes
For those still looking, Telus stores still have tons of stock at sale price.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12894 posts
13091 upvotes
Already got 1 Home and 3 Mini during BF/Cyber Monday from MemX. Now I'm just waiting for Home max to debut and review to roll in.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
CarsonKT wrote: can't remember where I read in RFD that now you buy a GH from Staple and can get a Chromecast? for a total of 149 + tax, that's still not a bad deal.
but as I replied in the SDM google home mini thread, if you just start in the smart speaker/HA thing, just grab google home mini
1st because it's still on sale, and 2nd for the current price of a GH, you can get about 5 GH mini, there isn't anything that GH can but GH mini can't
so if you are into HA, those 5 GH mini can give you a better coverage around the house, you don't need to increase your voice every time you need to talk to Google.
post # 20 in thread telus-mobility-google-home-99-99-free-shipping-2150684/
post # 701 in thread shoppers-drug-mart-google-home-mini-39-99-2144209/
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Phlav wrote: I'm talking about the home not the mini. I'll admit i was late to the party in trying to obtain a google home. I was searching for one about 5-6 days away from the sale ending and pretty much almost every retailer that carried the Google home had no stock.

Oh, sorry for the confusion, thinking you were discussing the Mini, this is the Mini thread.
I think they did well with stock, this was on sale everywhere, it was one of THE BF deals to get... here and in the US. Not like Nintendo who purposely short supply their new products at regular price. I know people that picked up the GH and the Mini, not even knowing what it does, because of the sale hype up to, including and after BF. Aside from supplying retail and online outlets, Google also sells the item themselves. It would be interesting to see just how many units shipped over that week period. I bet some people who think they understocked, would be surprised, I would say more so, they underestimated. There was ample time and stock to get one. And they now know the sweet spot for pricing. people aren't going to pay $80 for a mini, or $179 for the GH, knowing that it has been half or nearly half price. GH was slow moving in Canada at regular price. The Mini's are still priced at $39, even on Google's site, and other outlets.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)