Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Google Mini Back in Stock @ Google.com 39$

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2017 8:14 pm
87 replies
Jan 6, 2011
577 posts
827 upvotes
toronto
grabbed two charcoal, thanks
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
$39 is the normal price these days. So I don't see how this is a 'deal'.

Since when is this forum a 'stock update' ? And why are you starting a new thread, there are already 100s of Goog Mini threads already. Just update an existing thread. Jeez.
I got Fido and Public Mobile. [removed solicitation] ????
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1872 posts
1231 upvotes
actually google.com is cheaper then most reg price is 39.99$. unless you have a psp with the source but even then they are out of stock... Didn't see a thread with deal posted for google.com....Sorry for trying to help
john5170 wrote: $39 is the normal price these days. So I don't see how this is a 'deal'.

Since when is this forum a 'stock update' ? And why are you starting a new thread, there are already 100s of Goog Mini threads already. Just update an existing thread. Jeez.
Dec 20, 2012
583 posts
532 upvotes
Barrie
Thanks, OP. Ignore the salty poster.
Jan 17, 2008
731 posts
371 upvotes
Grabbed 4 a couple of weeks ago for some Xmas "gift-stealing" games. Just grabbed another one. Thanks OP.
Like mada41 said, ignore the saltiness.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
john5170 wrote: $39 is the normal price these days. So I don't see how this is a 'deal'.

it's on sale "these days". When it goes back up to $79, your observation skills will improve and you'll see the difference between a regular price and a sale price and what a deal is, it's ok, it takes time.
Oct 7, 2015
767 posts
814 upvotes
Vanier, ON
I am kind new to this thing so I have a few dumb question. Thanks in advance for anyone helping me out.
1. It can be used as a speaker, right? Will it need to be plugged in all the time?
2. there are a lot deals for the Philips Hue bulbs, these two match up together right? Do the bulbs fit well with IKEA lamps, or other cheap lamps ?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39747 upvotes
Toronto
x8ssJoe wrote: I am kind new to this thing so I have a few dumb question. Thanks in advance for anyone helping me out.
1. It can be used as a speaker, right? Will it need to be plugged in all the time?
2. there are a lot deals for the Philips Hue bulbs, these two match up together right? Do the bulbs fit well with IKEA lamps, or other cheap lamps ?
1. yup. unless you buy a $99US TicHome. Wireless AND waterproof
2. yup. it'll work fine
Last edited by sprung on Dec 6th, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Aug 9, 2016
111 posts
49 upvotes
x8ssJoe wrote: Do I need the starter kit from Philips or just bulbs ?
You need the philips hub in order to use the bulbs. If you're getting a kit, get the ambiance kit, it's a bit more expensive than the starter kit but the ability to change light temperature is nice. IMO the bulbs that change to any color are not necessary.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
2350 posts
876 upvotes
Central Ontario
x8ssJoe wrote: I am kind new to this thing so I have a few dumb question. Thanks in advance for anyone helping me out.
I've been using mine as a speaker integrated with Spotify since I got it from Google last week. Yes, it needs to be plugged in.
As somebody else mentioned, it does need the Hue hub as well. I am using mine with Belkin Wemo switches and it's also been working well.

The catch I see with smart bulbs is that you need to control them exclusively with the app. I know Hue and others also offer desktop "remotes", which is also an option. if you turn off the lamp using its switch (or perhaps an overhead light connected to a switch), you're effectively cutting power to the bulb so it won't be connected to the network. Anybody have any add'l tips on using Hue with Google Play.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
1118 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
It really irks me that there's no 3.5mm audio out jack on these and they only include that with the bigger models (which ironically have better speakers).

The speaker on them are surprisingly decent though.

Get the Lutron Caseta system over the Hue. You don't have to leave the light switch on all the time and can control multiple lights w/ one switch rather than replace all your lights.
Jan 18, 2017
824 posts
421 upvotes
x8ssJoe wrote: Do I need the starter kit from Philips or just bulbs ?
If you're going Philips, you'll need the hub as noted in the thread. I'm looking at the Yeelight from Amazon.ca since it doesn't require a hub.
Oct 7, 2015
767 posts
814 upvotes
Vanier, ON
JustMike wrote: I've been using mine as a speaker integrated with Spotify since I got it from Google last week. Yes, it needs to be plugged in.

As somebody else mentioned, it does need the Hue hub as well. I am using mine with Belkin Wemo switches and it's also been working well.

The catch I see with smart bulbs is that you need to control them exclusively with the app. I know Hue and others also offer desktop "remotes", which is also an option. if you turn off the lamp using its switch (or perhaps an overhead light connected to a switch), you're effectively cutting power to the bulb so it won't be connected to the network. Anybody have any add'l tips on using Hue with Google Play.
For the Belkin Wemo switches, it only performs on and off, right ? If I want to change bulb light color, luminous ,etc, Hue is needed for Philips bulbs ?
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
Nexzen wrote: it's on sale "these days". When it goes back up to $79, your observation skills will improve and you'll see the difference between a regular price and a sale price and what a deal is, it's ok, it takes time.
You have no clue about Marketing psychology even though you have +2400 posts in this forum:

79.99 -> 39.99 sells a lot better than just saying Original Price: $39.99
I got Fido and Public Mobile. [removed solicitation] ????
Oct 7, 2015
767 posts
814 upvotes
Vanier, ON
KevCnew wrote: If you're going Philips, you'll need the hub as noted in the thread. I'm looking at the Yeelight from Amazon.ca since it doesn't require a hub.
Thanks. I try to find a cheaper solution, I will definitely look into Yeelight
Mar 8, 2010
203 posts
135 upvotes
john5170 wrote: You have no clue about Marketing psychology even though you have +2400 posts in this forum:

79.99 -> 39.99 sells a lot better than just saying Original Price: $39.99
It seems like you're the one without a clue. This is a penetration pricing strategy and not psychological pricing.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
2350 posts
876 upvotes
Central Ontario
x8ssJoe wrote: For the Belkin Wemo switches, it only performs on and off, right ? If I want to change bulb light color, luminous ,etc, Hue is needed for Philips bulbs ?
Correct. Wemo doesn't support changing bulb colour. They now have an expensive dimmer switch, so I assume it works with that too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)