• Jan 17th, 2019 10:19 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7901 posts
500 upvotes
Scarborough

Google Pixel 3 Lite (code-named “sargo”) with headphone jack

Just when you thought the Pixel 3 leaks were over, the Russian tech bloggers who documented the Pixel 3 XL in extensive detail are back at it. This time, however, we know everything about the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL since both smartphones were officially unveiled last month. But we’ve been hearing about a mid-range Google Pixel smartphone for over half a year now, and two mysterious code-names believed to belong to the next Pixel smartphone have appeared in Google ARCore’s calibration database. Now, we’re seeing the first pictures of what’s possibly the Google Pixel 3 Lite (code-named “sargo”) with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 chipset and a 3.5mm headphone jack.

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-p ... 4SbxYuGxig

9 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7901 posts
500 upvotes
Scarborough
Little news since I posted last time.

More photos of Google’s budget Pixel 3 ‘Sargo’ have leaked. This time around, several photos of the Pixel 3 Lite surfaced on SlashLeaks. In each photo, Sargo accompanies another phone. The photos help illustrate the size of the budget Pixel 3. You can see it alongside the original Pixel, the iPhone XR, the Pixel 3XL, the iPhone XS and even the Nokia 3310.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Budget Pixel 3 Lite leaks again, photos compare it with several phones

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/11/26/pixe ... ak-photos/

Apr 12, 2008
736 posts
137 upvotes
I'm interested in this phone, however being that it's Google, this mid-range phone is not going to be at mid-range pricing. I am looking for a replacement for my OG Pixel. If the OP6 came back in stock, I'd go for that.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2486 posts
566 upvotes
Lethbridge
fancypantsfloyd wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:00 pm
I'm interested in this phone, however being that it's Google, this mid-range phone is not going to be at mid-range pricing. I am looking for a replacement for my OG Pixel. If the OP6 came back in stock, I'd go for that.
Nexus line was some of the best value in a mid-range phone, IMHO.

If that’s their goal, I’d go back. Loved my OG Galaxy Nexus & the 5, but had no interest paying a thousand dollars for a phone when they went the pixel route.
Apr 12, 2008
736 posts
137 upvotes
Pauly Boy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 10:36 am
Nexus line was some of the best value in a mid-range phone, IMHO.

If that’s their goal, I’d go back. Loved my OG Galaxy Nexus & the 5, but had no interest paying a thousand dollars for a phone when they went the pixel route.
Agreed - had the Nexus 4, 5, and 7 (tablet). I heard it's being launched in Q1 of 2019. Specs look good for my needs. The biggest factor is the pricing.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7901 posts
500 upvotes
Scarborough
fancypantsfloyd wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 10:47 am
Agreed - had the Nexus 4, 5, and 7 (tablet). I heard it's being launched in Q1 of 2019. Specs look good for my needs. The biggest factor is the pricing.
If the pricing is good, I will get one for my wife. I have the Pixel 3 and I only go for pure OS phone. If not, she will get an iPhone.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
3823 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
I'm doubtful but having front facing speakers would be great if this ends up being a budget phone. Knowing Google, they probably placed the speaker on the bottom of the phone =(.

As long as the camera performance is on par im good with budget CPU. I don't do much with my phone to warranty the use of a Snapdragon 845.
novanon dot net is great. anyone know anything similar to it?
Apr 12, 2008
736 posts
137 upvotes
Zero1 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:37 am
I'm doubtful but having front facing speakers would be great if this ends up being a budget phone. Knowing Google, they probably placed the speaker on the bottom of the phone =(.

As long as the camera performance is on par im good with budget CPU. I don't do much with my phone to warranty the use of a Snapdragon 845.
From the leaked photos, I don't see any front facing speakers.

I heard that the cameras in this Lite version is the same as the regular Pixel 3's, so that's good.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
3823 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
I know it downward facing speaks suck.

If the rumours are true and the camera is still the same, i will be quite happy. I will still wait a couple months to see what issues come from production. Google's quality control hasn't been the best since the pixel 2.
novanon dot net is great. anyone know anything similar to it?