Cell Phones

Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL discussion thread - Released October 9th (updated)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 12:48 pm
Apr 18, 2008
875 posts
265 upvotes
Mississauga
D_J_M wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 3:46 pm
I got a shipping update. Stand got moved up a week to Oct 30-31 and my phone got moved back a week to Nov 13-14.

Thanks Google. I'm glad I pre-ordered so I could get my phone two weeks after the retail street date.
My phone got delayed too. Huh, maybe it's time to reconsider cancellation.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6689 posts
415 upvotes
Richmond Hill
D_J_M wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 3:46 pm
I got a shipping update. Stand got moved up a week to Oct 30-31 and my phone got moved back a week to Nov 13-14.

Thanks Google. I'm glad I pre-ordered so I could get my phone two weeks after the retail street date.
Hm, mine still says delivered by Oct 30-31. Hope that it stays.
May 17, 2012
395 posts
148 upvotes
Montreal
jeffyjaixx wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 4:26 pm
Hm, mine still says delivered by Oct 30-31. Hope that it stays.
Order was pushed from Nov 1st to Nov 5-6 approximately 2 weeks ago ... Now got pushed this AM to Nov 8-9 . GOTTA LOVE GOOGLE. I ordered before the website was even fully live on Oct 9th ... If I login today and order the same Pixel 3 (64GB clearly white regular pixel + stand) I get a "dispatches by Nov 5th" ... So I'd probably get it sooner if I ordered it now. I initially thought Google had their sh*t together this year ; clearly I was wrong.

If you don't care about the Pixel stand, I'm sure you can waltz in any Rogers/Telus/Bell (Etc.) on Thursday and get it right away on the "official release day", before the people who pre-ordered this a month ago from the company that manufactures these phones. Makes sense.

Edit : some hope, My credit card got charged for the full price of the Pixel 3 (999 + tx) today Oct 29th ... Fingers crossed they ship it this week.
Last edited by bennyboy84 on Oct 29th, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6689 posts
415 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bennyboy84 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 1:11 pm
Order was pushed from Nov 1st to Nov 5-6 approximately 2 weeks ago ... Now got pushed this AM to Nov 8-9 . GOTTA LOVE GOOGLE. I ordered before the website was even fully live on Oct 9th ... If I login today and order the same Pixel 3 (64GB clearly white regular pixel + stand) I get a "dispatches by Nov 5th" ... So I'd probably get it sooner if I ordered it now. I initially thought Google had their sh*t together this year ; clearly I was wrong.

If you don't care about the Pixel stand, I'm sure you can waltz in any Rogers/Telus/Bell (Etc.) on Thursday and get it right away on the "official release day", before the people who pre-ordered this a month ago from the company that manufactures these phones. Makes sense.
Which one did you order? I ordered the Black 128GB XL. I'm also looking forward for good screen protector for it that will fit with the google case I ordered with the phone by Google.
May 17, 2012
395 posts
148 upvotes
Montreal
jeffyjaixx wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 1:40 pm
Which one did you order? I ordered the Black 128GB XL. I'm also looking forward for good screen protector for it that will fit with the google case I ordered with the phone by Google.
White small 64GB P3 (coming from black OG Pixel 32GB, needed a change after 5 years or black phones). Ordered Fog case too, that I will be getting by Friday this week, a week before my phone (GREAT!). No screen protectors for me, hate these maybe a glass one eventually when screen looses too much of its oleophobic coating.
Nov 10, 2011
380 posts
69 upvotes
Burnaby
Does anyone know if there is a deadline for the free stand?
May 17, 2012
395 posts
148 upvotes
Montreal
Soooo... Just curious. Did anybody get their shipping notification from Google Store yet (fort those who had a planned delivery 31 Oct / 1 Nov)?

All I got just now is a message for my Fog Pixel 3 case that was to be delivered tomorrow or Thursday that says "Your delivery was delayed. We're working to get it to you soon and will email you when it's on its way." ... Once again ; GREAT! I suppose we have Canada Post / strike to thank for this on top of Google.
Dec 25, 2010
282 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
bennyboy84 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 6:34 pm
Soooo... Just curious. Did anybody get their shipping notification from Google Store yet (fort those who had a planned delivery 31 Oct / 1 Nov)?

All I got just now is a message for my Fog Pixel 3 case that was to be delivered tomorrow or Thursday that says "Your delivery was delayed. We're working to get it to you soon and will email you when it's on its way." ... Once again ; GREAT! I suppose we have Canada Post / strike to thank for this on top of Google.
My stand is supposed to be delivered today (obviously not happening) or tomorrow. I haven't received a notice that it has actually shipped.

I did get an email this afternoon bumping my phone back up to Nov 7-8. Time will tell if that actually happens or not.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4668 posts
780 upvotes
Toronto
izzyzz wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 5:25 pm
lol google and their obsession with notches. I thought they made fun of notches at the beginning?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6689 posts
415 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bennyboy84 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 6:34 pm

Nope. Canada Post strike probably delayed the shipments. Just waiting to be picked up most likely...
Dec 17, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
Was on live chat with Google store. Canada post strike is not the cause of the delay. They're just slow on shipments Face With Rolling Eyes
Sep 23, 2011
73 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered 128gb in white this afternoon. Expected delivery either tomorrow or Friday. For the black one it said 5-6 weeks - no thank you. Will get a case anyway so who cares about the colour?