Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Always

Google Play: 50GB Free Cloud Storage with MediaFire App

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2013 5:02 pm
Deal Addict
May 26, 2009
1433 posts
375 upvotes

[Always] Google Play: 50GB Free Cloud Storage with MediaFire App

More offers from Always
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... feature=md

Description
MediaFire provides a complete and easy to use service for managing your digital stuff. Whenever and wherever you go, MediaFire makes sure that your files are always with you.
Never be away from your important files again! With 50GB of free storage, MediaFire lets you access all your documents, photos, and videos from anywhere. Securely store, organize, and share all your data on the web and through your Android device.
Features:
• Keep all your important files at your fingertips.
• View docs, spreadsheets, presentations, video, and listen to audio.
• Take and upload pictures and videos directly in the MediaFire app.
• Upload Android gallery images.
• Create and manage folders of files.
• Share files on the go via email, SMS, through other Android apps, and with copy and paste links.
• Quickly search all your MediaFire files and folders.
Keep your pictures, reading material, work docs, spreadsheets, presentations, and even your homework in your pocket, ready for you to view or share anytime. All your files will always be safe in your MediaFire account and accessible through the MediaFire.com website.

-You can't go wrong with free 50GB free storage, especially for media files, etc,. 50GB is a huge chunk to have for free.
16 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
Does Mediafire auto-purge inactive files? don't know if there is any security risk as Mediafire seems similar to Megaupload.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2009
1433 posts
375 upvotes
I believe there is some kind of limit for inactive accounts, I'm sure it's somewhere in the fine print.
Oct 31, 2003
863 posts
141 upvotes
Woodbridge
Theres also a limit: 200 mb files but 50gbs is HUGE!
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
what's the catch? too good to be true
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2779 posts
4697 upvotes
Vancouver
82 wrote: Does Mediafire auto-purge inactive files? don't know if there is any security risk as Mediafire seems similar to Megaupload.
palmer wrote: I believe there is some kind of limit for inactive accounts, I'm sure it's somewhere in the fine print.
Content Retention

Content is retained in accounts based on account activity and not individual file activity. What this means is your data does not have to be shared for your account to be considered active. Data is only removed when the account is considered inactive. Different account types have different definitions of account activity or inactivity, see below.

Most registered accounts receive a 300 to 700 day grace period of inactivity before being considered for removal. To be considered active, a user only needs to login to their account once during the period or have any image viewed or file downloaded. This shows us the user is still actively using the account. If the account is considered inactive we will send 2 emails, an initial and final notice, over 5 days urging the user to login to their account. By logging in the account is reset to active. While most users receive a 300 to 700 day grace period some users period can be shorter. In all cases the 5 days and 2 notification emails are sent. MediaFire will never remove an individual file from your account for inactivity, we only remove entire accounts.

Personal, Professional or Business customers are never considered inactive.
Apr 8, 2009
111 posts
13 upvotes
I have 50 gb from box.net
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
No SSL support, data transfer can be sniffed. Also free account is Ads driven, sometimes the Ads can be dangerous. Mediafire is one of the top choice for illegal content since Megaupload shutdown.
wlee wrote: what's the catch? too good to be true
Jul 22, 2012
85 posts
7 upvotes
BURNABY
Google has certainly made it harder for others to survive. Dropbox will have hard time to compete with this offer. I sure will get the app installed on my phone.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2010
1362 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto
You don't need to download the app... mediafire has always been 50gb. It's a bit crappy where your files are more likely to be deleted though unlike Dropbox or Box.net
Beep Boop
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2005
2289 posts
316 upvotes
It doesn't say anything in the post about needing an Android device... I assume you need an android device to take advantage of this deal?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2779 posts
4697 upvotes
Vancouver
Laserheart wrote: It doesn't say anything in the post about needing an Android device... I assume you need an android device to take advantage of this deal?
If you read the other 11 posts in the thread, including the one right before yours, you will see multiple mentions that the app is NOT required. 50GB is what you get when you create a Mediafire account... :confused:
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2005
2289 posts
316 upvotes
frugal_fanboy wrote: If you read the other 11 posts in the thread, including the one right before yours, you will see multiple mentions that the app is NOT required. 50GB is what you get when you create a Mediafire account... :confused:
I guess I couldn't get to the area that you create an account. I got stuck on the part where it says I must have the application set up. (Different area I guess).
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2779 posts
4697 upvotes
Vancouver
Laserheart wrote: I guess I couldn't get to the area that you create an account. I got stuck on the part where it says I must have the application set up. (Different area I guess).
frugal_fanboy wrote: Also, you don't need the app in order to get the 50GB. That's the standard free account volume.

Check the following page for the Features. https://www.mediafire.com/upgrade/
Click on Try It under Free.