• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2017 3:50 pm
[OP]
Jan 2, 2013
836 posts
71 upvotes
Etobicoke

Google Play Music "family" buy - Full.

Similar to the Spotify group thread, I'd like to start a Google Play Music group deal.

6 members, 15$ + tax a month = 16.95 a month total, 2.83$ per person per month. (34$ a year)
You would need a Google account with age set to 13. (Create a new one instead of changing your primary account!)
Last edited by apoorv on Oct 4th, 2016 8:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
52 replies
Aug 4, 2012
264 posts
117 upvotes
Cambridge
Isn't the issue with GPM that all the family members have access to the main member's credit card?
[OP]
Jan 2, 2013
836 posts
71 upvotes
Etobicoke
Actually, Google says :
https://support.google.com/googleplay/a ... 7786?hl=en

With the family plan, everyone in your family group shares a Google Play Music subscription and can:

Stream music at the same time.
Use Google Play Music on up to 10 devices each.
Share purchased items on Google Play using Family Library.
Note: Each family member still has separate Google Accounts, playlists, libraries, and offline content.

Can others still see my CC?
[OP]
Jan 2, 2013
836 posts
71 upvotes
Etobicoke
ThermKitty wrote:
Oct 5th, 2016 10:59 am
Isn't the issue with GPM that all the family members have access to the main member's credit card?
Hellfire wrote:
Oct 10th, 2016 4:43 pm
ThermKitty wrote:
Yes, they can make purchases and the main card is billed. Only exception is kids 13-17

Just had a chat with Google. The agent said:
I would like to inform you that the family members on the subscription can purchase using family payment method provided. They need to get your approval before they proceed.
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9533 posts
918 upvotes
the rep is misinformed.

you can restrict the purchasing when the member is aged 13-17 as somebody stated. After the age of 17 you could only block in app purchases, they can still buy apps and other things

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7039872

apoorv wrote:
Oct 12th, 2016 11:04 am
ThermKitty wrote:
Hellfire wrote:
ThermKitty wrote:
Yes, they can make purchases and the main card is billed. Only exception is kids 13-17

I would like to inform you that the family members on the subscription can purchase using family payment method provided. They need to get your approval before they proceed.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
[OP]
Jan 2, 2013
836 posts
71 upvotes
Etobicoke
sexyj wrote:
Oct 12th, 2016 1:11 pm
the rep is misinformed.

you can restrict the purchasing when the member is aged 13-17 as somebody stated. After the age of 17 you could only block in app purchases, they can still buy apps and other things

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7039872

apoorv wrote:
Oct 12th, 2016 11:04 am
ThermKitty wrote:
Hellfire wrote:

That really helps. Thanks!
Apr 26, 2013
61 posts
11 upvotes
Cambridge
So, it sounds like our original google accounts get connected to the main account, do we need to change our age to under 17?
[OP]
Jan 2, 2013
836 posts
71 upvotes
Etobicoke
Termana wrote:
Oct 13th, 2016 7:47 pm
So, it sounds like our original google accounts get connected to the main account, do we need to change our age to under 17?
Probably better to create a new account instead of changing the age on your primary account - or just get Spotify I suppose.
[OP]
Jan 2, 2013
836 posts
71 upvotes
Etobicoke
Bump. 3 spots open still!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6223 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
I may be interested in joining if the age thing is sorted out.

Can something like this be done with Apple music family share if we were to create a new profile an do family share without C/C and subscribe using discounted gift cards? Would be $180 yr, split 5 ways would be around $36 + taxes, about the same as this.
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1649 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone is looking to join a Spotify family plan, I have 1 spot left. Subscription started yesterday so it is already active.
[OP]
Jan 2, 2013
836 posts
71 upvotes
Etobicoke
Same, 2 spots open for GPM here.

And I don't know about apple music - except all my devices are android so that I personally wouldn't want Apple.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
1847 posts
131 upvotes
not familiar with google music, can i download the songs or do i need to stream? I don't use data on my phone so i'm just trying to figure out of this would be good for me.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel