Group Buys

Google Play Music "family" buy - Full.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2018 3:29 pm
May 16, 2010
10 posts
anyone want to swap a spotify for GPM? i have GPM family, looking for spotify.
Jun 13, 2013
133 posts
18 upvotes
Ottawa
I have a question about the whole "you need to create a 13 year old account" to join the Google Play family account thing. Let's just say I set the date to be 13 years old (by using a specific date) and then, as time goes on, this 13 year old account becomes 14 years old (assuming they age... Neutral Face) What happens then?

Also, can somebody explain to me exactly why the added accounts have to be 13 years old (or younger)? Do they *really* have access to the main account holder's credit card if they're over 13? If so, how in the world has this not been addressed as an issue/vulnerability and been rectified by Google??? Do they enjoy handling disputes from angry customers who's kids have made unauthorized purchases??? Also, would this simply not be fixed by asking for your Google password before making any purchases? Despite my phone being mine, I have it set up to ask for my credentials anytime I go to make a purchase in the Google Play store regardless of what it is....

Thanks!
Feb 2, 2018
1 posts
I recently started a family group and have some slots left. Message me if you would want to commit to a 6 or 12 month term and you can send an Amazon e-gift card to my e-mail address for the amount of months you want to get in for. As it's been discussed here, the account would have to show an age younger than 18 so that I am not at risk of additional charges hitting my credit card.
Last edited by Ronaldsheeps on Feb 3rd, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 31, 2008
7 posts
3 upvotes
Any spots starting mid-April?

I would be willing to organize a group, but am worried about the credit card exposure. Can anyone confirm/detail the risks? Is it true that all family members have full ability to spend? How are other “group buy organizers” managing the risk?
Mar 6, 2018
5 posts
joet00 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 10:24 pm
Any spots starting mid-April?

I would be willing to organize a group, but am worried about the credit card exposure. Can anyone confirm/detail the risks? Is it true that all family members have full ability to spend? How are other “group buy organizers” managing the risk?
I'm interested in joining your group. DM/msg me
Jan 31, 2008
7 posts
3 upvotes
I'm going to go ahead and organize a new group (Google Play Music Family):

1. joet00 - paid
2. joet00 - paid
3. [non-RFDer] - paid
4. pangjeff - paid
5. tlamm - paid
6. tlamm - paid
Cost is $34/slot/year. Payment via Interac eTransfer.

Group will start April 20.

Will need minimum 5 for this to go. Will give full refund (via eTransfer) if this doesn't fly.

Msg me to sign up.

UPDATE: Based on msgs to my Inbox, all spots are taken as of 4pm ET. Msg me if you want to be on the wait list. Also, ppl are asking for earlier start (than April 20) so may start once all payments are rec'd.

FINAL UPDATE: All payments received/deposit. Group is running as of March 15. Thanks to all!
Apr 26, 2007
156 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I just signed up for their trial run.... got 3 months. will look for more peeps then.
Jan 3, 2007
720 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
I'm interested in joining a group. PM me please if someone is creating one.
Dec 10, 2009
1 posts
Ville de Québec
Hi folks,

I'am interested in starting a new group

5 spots available as of now (one taken by me).

14,99$ +tx (quebec Taxes) = 14,99 + 0,75 + 1,50 = 17,24$ x 2 = 34,48$ each for a year

I will accet payment once the group is complete not before,

Pm me if interested,

Thank you
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1518 posts
1218 upvotes
Is the credit card shared? how do you make it so that anyone you add cant use your credit card?
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin, Bell customer.
Nov 4, 2010
17 posts
3 upvotes
I am interested to join one if available. Thanks in advance