Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Music 1-month gift subscription - $4.99 (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2016 12:48 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7426 posts
2494 upvotes
BC

Music 1-month gift subscription - $4.99 (50% off)

Deal Link:
Savings:
50% off
Google Play Music are offering half-price gift subscriptions, looks like you can apply the gift code to your own account (does not work with family accounts!), I was able to use my Google Play balance from the Rewards app, and codes will stack up to a maximum of 5 years per account.

Subscriptions available:
1 month @ $4.99
3 months @ $14.98
6 months @ $29.97

UDPATE - 3 and 6 month prices have gone up to $25 and $50 respectively.

All prices are in Canadian dollars
Gifts of Play Content

Eligible content and pricing is subject to availability at the time of the actual redemption of the content gift. Content purchased or gifted through Google Play is for personal and lawful use only. The content gift expires if the content is no longer available on Google Play or if the Google Play service or the Google Play Gifts program is discontinued.

Users will only be able to redeem subscription gifts until their account accrues up to a total of five (5) years of subscriptions at any one time. If the recipient of the gift redeems the gift and subscribes to Google Play Music the recipient will have access Google Play Music for the time period specified in the gift. At the end of the specified time period, the recipient will have the opportunity to provide a valid form of payment to continue their subscription to Google Play Music, otherwise the subscription ends and the recipient’s access to the Google Play Music subscription content will terminate. Current subscribers of YouTube Music Key will not be able to redeem gifts of Google Play Music subscriptions.
Direct link to deal: https://play.google.com/music/gift
233 replies
Mar 20, 2013
106 posts
56 upvotes
Surrey
This looks like it's only for an individual sub - any deals on the family subscription? Or can this somehow be used for family sub?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7426 posts
2494 upvotes
BC
juppal wrote: This looks like it's only for an individual sub - any deals on the family subscription? Or can this somehow be used for family sub?
Unfortunately no, this does not apply to family subscriptions. I have a family subscription that I'm cancelling and going with this deal instead, as it's just the two of us on my family plan anyway. I've added a note that this does not work with family accounts; thanks for reminding me!

For what it's worth, my family subscription is still active until the end of the month, and I'm getting error BM-CPPV-03 which I assume is because it won't let me redeem until my family subscription runs out. If anyone with a family plan is doing the same thing, let me know if you get the same error!
Aug 14, 2013
75 posts
37 upvotes
Do you happen to know if you have the 7.99/mo launch rate, does redeeming this void that rate afterwards?

Using the rewards credit is a pretty good deal too. Can we buy the Google Play gift cards in store and use those towards this promo?

Thank you for posting this!
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2210 posts
696 upvotes
Edmonton
Worked on my own account! Thanks!
Deal Addict
May 8, 2005
2140 posts
613 upvotes
Birchmount & Ell…
SleepyInTO wrote: Do you happen to know if you have the 7.99/mo launch rate, does redeeming this void that rate afterwards?

Using the rewards credit is a pretty good deal too. Can we buy the Google Play gift cards in store and use those towards this promo?

Thank you for posting this!
I'd be interested in knowing this too. I'm on the 7.99 rate and would like to keep it as long as possible.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2217 posts
438 upvotes
zerocool24 wrote: I'd be interested in knowing this too. I'm on the 7.99 rate and would like to keep it as long as possible.
Me too.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
Thanks op saved me money I was on the regular plan 10.00 a month cancelled my old one and did this
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2014
1138 posts
881 upvotes
Grey County, ON
I'm on Google Play Music's grandfathered $7.99 plan as I've been a subscriber since day one of their launch in Canada. This promo looks appealing but I too wonder if grandfathered accounts that switch to this deal will be charged the regular $9.99 price later on.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
GabbyWC wrote: I'm on Google Play Music's grandfathered $7.99 plan as I've been a subscriber since day one of their launch in Canada. This promo looks appealing but even more so if it doesn't revert grandfathered accounts to the regular $9.99 price later on.
Most likely you will loose ur discount I'd suggest cancel
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22691 posts
3682 upvotes
Confirmed it can be added to an existing individual account! Up to 5 years can stack.

After redeeming I received:
Enjoy your gift of 6 months of music. Regular monthly billing for your subscription resumes on Sep 5, 2016

On my account I see the $7.99 rate remains and the next renewal is 6 months away:
Oct 16, 2008
488 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you!

Does anyone know if the codes expire after you purchase them? I assume they don't but I'm unsure as the fine print doesn't mention any time stipulation. I'd prefer to buy two 6 month subscriptions to get a full year.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22691 posts
3682 upvotes
1point8t wrote: Thank you!

Does anyone know if the codes expire after you purchase them? I assume they don't but I'm unsure as the fine print doesn't mention any time stipulation. I'd prefer to buy two 6 month subscriptions to get a full year.
Does not appear so. I may buy a few 6 month codes and redeem as needed in case I need to move away from Play Music one day.

One restriction is it must be used in a Canadian Play account.
Jan 1, 2007
75 posts
12 upvotes
$0.50 short to use my Google Play credit. Argh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2014
1578 posts
1811 upvotes
Montreal
o_ssie wrote: $0.50 short to use my Google Play credit. Argh
You can use it.
I added my paypal account, and then I add option to use 25$ Google credit + remaining on Paypal
Jul 24, 2014
268 posts
245 upvotes
Westmount, QC
sassysue wrote: Most likely you will loose ur discount I'd suggest cancel

This is my account now:

Google Play Music
Monthly subscription $7.99
Renews on 20-Feb-2021
Oct 10, 2012
920 posts
296 upvotes
Oh cool thanks op. Will do this later today
PSN: SUPRSAYN
Nov 12, 2008
153 posts
56 upvotes
They're probably preparing up for Youtube RED (should come this year to Canada and includes a Google Play Music subscription)
In the US, I think it's 9,99$
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
Damnit!

I was all set to go with Apple Music, but now this seems a better deal. I had been using Songza and really liked that.

The one thing that I was interested in Apple Music is the ability to set an 'off' time. Can Google Play automatically shut off at a preprogrammed time?

Why is getting 6 1-month subscriptions cheaper than 1 6-month? It's suppose to be the other way around.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Apr 18, 2013
43 posts
13 upvotes
Regina
Perfect timing, my Apple Music expired next week... sign me up for a couple years of GPM!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)