Expired Hot Deals

[Google Play Store] Navigator PRO - GPS Navigation with Offline Maps FREE for Android

[OP]
Aug 29, 2017
321 posts
713 upvotes

Navigator PRO - GPS Navigation with Offline Maps FREE for Android

Deal Link:
Expiry:
June 24, 2018
Retailer:
Google Play Store
Rarely goes on sale and very useful, so it is worth its own thread.

This is one of the better Offline GPS Navigation apps you can find out there using OSM maps. In my opinion, OSM maps are better than goo gle in Central and South America, and many other off the beaten tracks around the world.

This should help out the frequent traveler when no wifi / cell service is available.

Software company: https://mapedy.com/

Added to app thread: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/google- ... 086800/53/
Last edited by BuciMaci on Jun 22nd, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do."― John Ruskin
53 replies
Feb 11, 2016
66 posts
30 upvotes
All the OSM based maps have poor POIs. I would take Here Maps any day and night over anything else available on Android. The one exception is TomTom. The interface is slick, fast but yearly subscription model is too expensive. If one time purchase option was available then
  1. TomTom
  2. Here Maps
Google Maps despite being installed on a billion devices still sucks. Fails to give navigation instructions from time to time. No speed limit warnings.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7088 posts
7031 upvotes
Thanks!

Added it to my collection...

Whether this is good or not is another story, but here's a TU just for posting!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4740 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
Still have to download ONTARIO map after installation.
Feb 11, 2016
66 posts
30 upvotes
BuciMaci wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 10:23 am
Rarely goes on sale and very useful, so it is worth its own thread.

This is one of the better Offline GPS Navigation apps you can find out there using OSM maps. In my opinion, OSM maps are better than goo gle in Central and South America, and many other off the beaten tracks around the world.

This should help out the frequent traveler when no wifi / cell service is available.

I'll add to the running thread soon.
I just noticed this has only 5000+ installs. I would recommend that you wait until the installs raises to a few hundred thousand. I don't really trust apps with that low install count.
[OP]
Aug 29, 2017
321 posts
713 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 10:24 am
How is this compare to here map?
Everyone here will have their own preference - I like Mapfactor.

Mapedy's Navigator has some extra features that have no real value for me.
Last edited by BuciMaci on Jun 22nd, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do."― John Ruskin
Feb 11, 2016
66 posts
30 upvotes
BuciMaci wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 10:48 am
They both use pretty much the same OSM maps.
That is not true. Here Maps uses the maps provided by Navteq.
Stop posting incorrect info.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
10770 posts
1349 upvotes
RFD
HERE Maps has done me well for a fully offline map. I don't have a data plan so cannot use Waze or Google Maps
[OP]
Aug 29, 2017
321 posts
713 upvotes
frugalfruit wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 11:35 am
That is not true. Here Maps uses the maps provided by Navteq.
Stop posting incorrect info.
My mistake. I removed that comment.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8007 posts
1331 upvotes
Montreal, QC
For where Navteq have less converage than OSM, it may be useful, but how does this stack to OsmAnd which has 5 Mil downloads and MapFactor with 10 Mil?

Edit: Actually Maps.ME has 50Mil even...

And btw, Navteq maps = Garmin

Edit: Found this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compariso ... S_software
MapFactor has ads? OsmAnd limit of 7 maps, so Maps.ME seems to be best all around where you can turn off its non-obstrusive ads
Last edited by Daijoubu on Jun 22nd, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 9, 2011
61 posts
24 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 12:36 pm
HERE Maps has done me well for a fully offline map. I don't have a data plan so cannot use Waze or Google Maps
Google maps allows for offline navigation now...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8007 posts
1331 upvotes
Montreal, QC
1SPiKE1 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 1:07 pm
Google maps allows for offline navigation now...
Yeah but you can only cache smaller areas and it has an expiry date, with HERE and OSM, you could download an entire country if you wanted.