Expired Hot Deals

[Google.com] Google Play Store Sale: Home $99, Home Mini $39, Daydream $99, Google WiFi $349, Chromecast $35

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 10:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3139 posts
545 upvotes
GTA

[Google.com] Google Play Store Sale: Home $99, Home Mini $39, Daydream $99, Google WiFi $349, Chromecast $35

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Google.com
More offers from Google.com
Google Play Store Sale:

Home $99
Home Mini $39
Daydream $99
Google WiFi $349
Chromecast $35
Chromecast Ultra $70
Chromecast Audio $35

Free shipping on the Google Play store
128 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1304 posts
308 upvotes
This is actually quite good if you're looking for only 1 home mini, as it's $39 shipped with no ETF. Also comes in a unique coral colour you can't get elsewhere.
Thanks OP, bought here.
Aug 3, 2017
11 posts
3 upvotes
Just bought, it shows CAD clearly on the checkout page.

"The price on google store .com/ca is CAD or USD?"
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2212 posts
256 upvotes
Can anyone comment on the sound quality of the bigger google home vs the mini?
Apr 29, 2013
71 posts
31 upvotes
Candiac
Was hoping the mini would go down to 39$ in the play store since I had 35$ left in Google Play Credits which I was holding on to for such an occasion.
Unfortunately Google doesn't allow you to buy devices with that money. So screw the Google and the Mini I'm keeping my Amazon Echo.
I'm a hardcore fan of Android and Google, but stuff like this may eventually push me to the iPhone.
Apr 29, 2013
71 posts
31 upvotes
Candiac
EEE2 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 9:32 am
Can anyone comment on the sound quality of the bigger google home vs the mini?
If you like music, I would use an external speaker on either of these so I'd go with the mini.
Jul 3, 2017
412 posts
235 upvotes
mrobillard wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 9:40 am
If you like music, I would use an external speaker on either of these so I'd go with the mini.
True about the sound quality for music. Unfortunately unlike the Amazon Echo models, neither Google Home model has an audio output, not even via Bluetooth. They want you to buy a Chromecast Audio ($35 on BF sale) and use that to cast music to a separate sound system.

I think the prices are the same in every store for BF - Google cut the price across the board for all retailers.
Apr 29, 2013
71 posts
31 upvotes
Candiac
Exp315 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 9:47 am
True about the sound quality for music. Unfortunately unlike the Amazon Echo models, neither Google Home model has an audio output, not even via Bluetooth. They want you to buy a Chromecast Audio ($35 on BF sale) and use that to cast music to a separate sound system.

I think the prices are the same in every store for BF - Google cut the price across the board for all retailers.
My bad, new they didn't have bluetooth to output music but though it had a 3.5mm jack.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2112 posts
846 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! This is great it's already on sale, just bought a Google Mini. Too bad no eBates of any sort but I guess that counteracts the environmental fee anyway.
Last edited by redkulat on Nov 23rd, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 30, 2017
224 posts
47 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
mrobillard wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 9:39 am
Was hoping the mini would go down to 39$ in the play store since I had 35$ left in Google Play Credits which I was holding on to for such an occasion.
Unfortunately Google doesn't allow you to buy devices with that money. So screw the Google and the Mini I'm keeping my Amazon Echo.
I'm a hardcore fan of Android and Google, but stuff like this may eventually push me to the iPhone.
Especially since Google Play Opinion Rewards for iOS pays out in PayPal instead of Google Play Store Credit... (U.S. only)

Hopefully they won't get sold out tomorrow. I want to buy from The Source since I have a $25 off coupon for subscribing to newsletters, but I'm pretty sure everything will get sold out there by tomorrow. :( I want to add the discounted Chromecast Ultra to my order
Nov 5, 2013
19 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thanks OP! Picked up the new Daydream View VR, was waiting for a sale on it.
Apr 22, 2010
29 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Exp315 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 9:47 am

First, the sound out of the Home isn't bad for casual listening, much like a good Bluetooth speaker, the Mini is like a clock radio though. Though there is no output jack, the Chromecast audio does give flexibility of having the music cast to a stereo across the room (or in another room). You could also use the single Home or Mini to control multiple outputs (e.g., stereos) as long as each output had its own chromecast - poor man's Sonos
Jan 29, 2012
5 posts
Same prices at Lowes I think and and additional $25 off with Visa checkout