Expired Hot Deals

(Google Play) Weather Radar Pro (Reg 5.49) Now Free

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2019 10:13 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
5074 posts
5306 upvotes
In 2019, all apps are assumed to sell your information unless proven otherwise.

This app is no better or worse. If you feel scammed, keep weather.gc.ca active on your Brave browser and walk confidently.

If you're looking for some good open source apps, f.droid sideloaded apk marketplace has plenty of them.

All mainstream Google Store apps are garbage for privacy, with few exceptions. Almost all mobile games are pay to play garbage as well.

For better or worse, this is our world.
Jan 18, 2016
468 posts
464 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Opacity is not working. I want the widget to be transparent in my home screen and not solid with its ugly background theme. But Opacity feature in the widget is not working on my S9..I am reducing it to zero (to be transparent) but no effect!!
Nov 1, 2009
975 posts
300 upvotes
souvik126 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 10:17 am
Opacity is not working. I want the widget to be transparent in my home screen and not solid with its ugly background theme. But Opacity feature in the widget is not working on my S9..I am reducing it to zero (to be transparent) but no effect!!
Toggle the other way. (I know it's weird)
Apr 19, 2012
181 posts
39 upvotes
Brampton
alanbrenton wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 6:49 pm
According to the app, Toronto is the center of North America. :)
They couldn't explicitly say it is the centre of the world.
Apr 19, 2012
181 posts
39 upvotes
Brampton
alanbrenton wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 11:15 am
I posted an image I can't refute. Did you bother looking?
I went to check now. lol

Did I miss anything?
Apr 11, 2011
17 posts
1 upvote
Tichi wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 9:18 am
This one show winds as some wiggly microbes, kinda vector field, on the map.. Besides, and increased selection of stuff to show as colormap, like pressure, humidity etc... not sure how useful is all that in real life, or how reliable are the sources, but looks kinda cool...
I find the widget useful over the stock Accuweather one I had previously. Shows hourly info, along with sunrise/sunset which is particularly helpful come golf season. Interesting they have the radar info as your 'home' - I feel that this is secondary info for most users, but I guess it is 'Pro'.

I did enjoy the random messages that Accuweather would send ('might be a good idea to bring an umbrella), along with pictorial description (rainy background widget). The current dark background doesn't blend well with my main page. Ah well
Apr 19, 2012
181 posts
39 upvotes
Brampton
alanbrenton wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 11:32 am
I missed the commute, you?
Commute was perfect this morning.

I never ever loved Gardiner before...This afternoon though, might be a different story.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1461 posts
378 upvotes
smackioio wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 9:26 am
weatherCAN
boldventure wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 9:30 am
weatherCAN
Thank you, Folks! WeatherCAN looks good too! I like honest statement about forecast of 7 days only (wrt 14 days TWN which is scientifically impossible afaik). WeatherCAN's maps is very rough now, needs a lot of improvement, but it is good that it is merged now from all local radars.

I will also keep the OP app, which doubles the total number of my weather apps to four (including TWN and Canada Weather and Radar).

Is this an obscession? Well, maybe not, weather is improtant for Canada.. Just look outside today :)
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1461 posts
378 upvotes
XR4Ti wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 9:53 am
I'm using 5.0.6.862. Has the bar ad at the bottom but that's it. Vertical layout only, except for full-screen videos.
:) mine is exact same number.. Is this the last known good one?
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1461 posts
378 upvotes
BandwagonCaptain wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 11:33 am
I find the widget useful over the stock Accuweather one I had previously. Shows hourly info, along with sunrise/sunset which is particularly helpful come golf season. Interesting they have the radar info as your 'home' - I feel that this is secondary info for most users, but I guess it is 'Pro'.

I did enjoy the random messages that Accuweather would send ('might be a good idea to bring an umbrella), along with pictorial description (rainy background widget). The current dark background doesn't blend well with my main page. Ah well
Thanks! Gotta check it still
Apr 5, 2009
18 posts
11 upvotes
Ontario
Lol what a shitty app. They don't even show which model they are using. Probably just global GFS with 28km resolution.
The "Radar" part is just windity.com widget, yet they put it in their name! Graphics are non-existing.
No wonder nobody was paying $5.49 for it.