Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Google slashing Pixel 3a and 3a XL price by $150 for Black Friday

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2019 5:39 pm
Sep 14, 2018
373 posts
667 upvotes
Ordered 3a XL this morning, expected delivery 6-9 December.

Also signed up for Google One for $50 Google store credit. FYI I'm not sure this amount is a play credit as referenced above, I think it is for use on the Google store only. I'll probably just use it for a second fast charger.

I hope the credit comes through within 30 days as the terms say, paying for a second month would almost cancel out the benefit.
Nov 11, 2015
300 posts
218 upvotes
Isnt this phone 64GB and you can't expand with an SD card. That won't last long with apps, updates and pictures. Well I guess it's how you use it, but would be deal breaker for me.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1050 posts
211 upvotes
gvrd
CubieJ wrote: Ordered a 3a!

Thank you for the reminder to subscribe to Google One for 10% back in credit. =) Spending $14 to get $40 ain't too shabby.

What are you guys buying with the Google credits?

I just need a case but not sure if worth it ($14)
Sep 14, 2018
373 posts
667 upvotes
asmcar wrote: Ordered 3a XL this morning, expected delivery 6-9 December.

Also signed up for Google One for $50 Google store credit. FYI I'm not sure this amount is a play credit as referenced above, I think it is for use on the Google store only. I'll probably just use it for a second fast charger.

I hope the credit comes through within 30 days as the terms say, paying for a second month would almost cancel out the benefit.
My order shipped already - updated delivery is December 5/6th.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
1300 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered white 3a xl this morning. It's already dispatched and will arrive tomorrow or Tuesday :)
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
barqy wrote: What are you guys buying with the Google credits?

I just need a case but not sure if worth it ($14)
Don't like the offered case, ordered my own thing.
Looking for ideas as well. Thought of ordering a better screen protector if anything, they have a good one.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
asmcar wrote: Ordered 3a XL this morning, expected delivery 6-9 December.

Pixel 3a has a fast charger?
Edit: $45, hmm not bad, not bad
RedFlagDeals Addict
Jun 30, 2014
154 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dealswithit wrote: Isnt this phone 64GB and you can't expand with an SD card. That won't last long with apps, updates and pictures. Well I guess it's how you use it, but would be deal breaker for me.
Same really considered the pixel line but with no SD card it's hard for me to bite. Then there was their issues with phone calls and whatever else that came up. Heard it was resolved via software updates. But software not gonna resolve no SD slot
Sep 26, 2018
209 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto
tomsktx wrote: I am also interested in a Pixel 3a, but believe the Best Buy US offer is much better for Black Friday than the Google Canada offer. I have read that Best Buy will price the Unlocked Pixel 3a for $200 USD. With the dollar conversion, that seems like a much better deal than $400 CAD.

My only concern is buying an unlocked phone in the US... will it work with Canadian carriers? Can anyone provide advice?

Other than the hassle of purchasing the phone in the US, are there any issues/drawbacks of buying it down there and using it with a Canadian carrier?

Thanks for your help!
Looks like $249 if you activate with Best Buy and get a US phone number (I guess)
It's $299 USD if you plan to activate it yourself.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/unlocked-pixel-3a
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
-=phelan=- wrote: What's a decent case for the 3A? I'm looking at amazon's spigen cases with the glass protector myself, any others?
That's what I recommend. I wanted to go Otterbox but the prices in Canada are nuts. You can buy 3 Spigen cases for the price of 1 Otterbox. They are good but Spigen is good too lol
RedFlagDeals Addict
Sep 22, 2008
622 posts
420 upvotes
Orangeville
CubieJ wrote: Ordered a 3a!

Thank you for the reminder to subscribe to Google One for 10% back in credit. =) Spending $14 to get $40 ain't too shabby.
How do you add this to your phone order to get the 10% on the total? Also I am assuming you can cancel Google One after the initial month?
Sep 14, 2018
373 posts
667 upvotes
gtjoys wrote: How do you add this to your phone order to get the 10% on the total? Also I am assuming you can cancel Google One after the initial month?
You need to purchase the Google One subscription through that sub page, for 10% it has to be the $13.99 per month plan. Once you have the Google One Subscription active it shows on the Google Store how much credit you'll get back at checkout on the top right side in a colourful box. It also shows on some product pages at the top right 'Get 10% back with your Google One subscription' for me.

I upgraded my account to Google One and then checked out on Google Store within 5 mins of each other so the update is pretty instant. My order shipped yesterday but no credit yet.
Oct 22, 2006
332 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
What's a good compatible car charger for the Google 3A?
Oct 6, 2017
126 posts
90 upvotes
-=phelan=- wrote: What's a decent case for the 3A? I'm looking at amazon's spigen cases with the glass protector myself, any others?

I got the spigen rugged armor for 15 bucks. Got it in black which perfectly matches the black pixel 3a color. Looks good and doesn't slip out of your hand.
Apr 9, 2009
543 posts
640 upvotes
Calgary
Don't suppose anybody in Calgary wants a 3a xl at cost do they? My shipment is scheduled to arrive on thos Monday coming up and I am wanting to buy a oneplus 7 instead.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
I gotta say, I'm a little lost by the fact that this phone doesn't have wireless charging.

I feel like I gotta run out and buy charging cords so I'm prepared lol. My Samsung charging gear doesn't work with this phone, different plug altogether.
RedFlagDeals Addict
May 8, 2014
40 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
A bit off topic but I just finished setting up my Pixel 3a. Does anyone notice that the lock or home screen shows the temperature setting in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius? I am trying to find a way to change that but having no luck. Google Support community can't provide a solution either. Others have said this is a bug with the software. Just wondering if others here in Canada see the same thing and if anyone is able to provide a solution...if there is a solution. Thanks.