• Jan 6th, 2019 1:33 pm
[OP]
Feb 6, 2011
20 posts
13 upvotes
Montreal

Got CT promo card eventhough the order was cancelled

Hi everyone,

In November there was a Canadian Tire promo for Cyber Monday where you would get $50 promo card if you order $200 online. So, I went ahead and ordered a couple of items. Unfortunately, one of the ordered item was cancelled as out of stock (it was still available though at the time of the order). So, I decided to cancel the other item since my order did no longer apply for the promo card. A few days later, I still got the promo card by mail. I wonder if anyone got into this situation in the past. Will this promo card work even though my order was cancelled? I made sure to demonstrate my dissatisfaction about the whole thing to customer service the day I cancelled the order since, as I mentioned before, at the time of ordering both items were in stock. Did they decide to send the promo card as some kind of compensation? What would you guys do? Would you try to use it?

Cheers and happy new year!
7 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
2879 posts
481 upvotes
Water loo
You should show your disgust with their terrible service by giving that gift card to another RFD member and not spend their filthy money.
[OP]
Feb 6, 2011
20 posts
13 upvotes
Montreal
rilles wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 1:40 pm
You should show your disgust with their terrible service by giving that gift card to another RFD member and not spend their filthy money.
lol
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10888 posts
5701 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Give it to me and I'll try it out for you.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12042 posts
2502 upvotes
RFD
fun1asma wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 1:01 pm
Hi everyone,

In November there was a Canadian Tire promo for Cyber Monday where you would get $50 promo card if you order $200 online. So, I went ahead and ordered a couple of items. Unfortunately, one of the ordered item was cancelled as out of stock (it was still available though at the time of the order). So, I decided to cancel the other item since my order did no longer apply for the promo card. A few days later, I still got the promo card by mail. I wonder if anyone got into this situation in the past. Will this promo card work even though my order was cancelled? I made sure to demonstrate my dissatisfaction about the whole thing to customer service the day I cancelled the order since, as I mentioned before, at the time of ordering both items were in stock. Did they decide to send the promo card as some kind of compensation? What would you guys do? Would you try to use it?

Cheers and happy new year!
Use it. Its their mistake, and its not like they can trace it back and find out who used it and demand you return the promo card/money. No one at CT would know anything, unless you're weird enough to tell them, but even then the employees don't make enough to care.
Feb 15, 2006
119 posts
12 upvotes
WallyWorld
A "Promo Card" is not the same a a gift card. Typically Promo Cards have an expiry date. Usually between 1 week and 1 month. If you got the card during Cyber Monday deal, chances are that this promo card has expired.