• Jan 21st, 2013 9:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1192 posts
22 upvotes

got a new phone but still receving text messages on my iphone

i had an iphone 4 but recently switched to the nexus 4. when i turn on the wifi on my iphone i'll receive some recent text messages on my iphone. how do i stop my iphone from receiving text? when i swapped my swapped my sim with rogers they did not do a device swap if that makes a difference
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
2967 posts
117 upvotes
Mtl
You are receiving imessages, not text msg. Turn imessage off in the settings. I seem to remember reading that you should turn imessage off before you remove the sim, but that could have just been if you were switching to another idevice.
Price errors are the only real sales :)
I refused to be gouged by canadian retailers when purchases can be made in the U.S for a LOT less..
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2516 posts
91 upvotes
sparrow_69 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 7:59 pm
You are receiving imessages, not text msg. Turn imessage off in the settings. I seem to remember reading that you should turn imessage off before you remove the sim, but that could have just been if you were switching to another idevice.
This is prolly the case. If you look through the texts (imessages) that you have received since swapping phones you will likely find that they are being sent from users exclusively using idevices.
× < >